November 2016 Moms

The time is here. Maternity clothes.

Okay so, I didn't expect to have to come to you ladies in need so early as we are still in the sniffing butt stage, but here I am.

I feel utterly ridiculous that I'm not even 6 weeks and I'm looking forward to maternity clothes. I have become THAT chick. The one who claims a bump this early. But guise, for real, it's a bulge. It might be poo, intestines, a pushed out Ute, but it's there and I suddenly hate waistbands. This is my 2nd baby so, I guess I will show earlier, but I need to start looking at the best clothing sites.  List 'em here if you got 'em. I can't be alone in this already!

Last time I lived in maxi dresses and leggings. I hope to do the same this time, but would love some more variety.

Bonus: one free lapdance from Joe M from for finding tall maternity!

Re: The time is here. Maternity clothes.

• It's bloat. Also there was a thread on maternity pants not too long ago. I'm still wearing my regular clothes with the hair-tie trick and picked up a bellaband.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12667055/maternity-pants#latest
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • I'm tall too! I like asos, gap, and old navy! A lot of people love target, but I've never been that big of a fan. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Wearing my maternity work pants today. I wore a Bellaband yesterday.

No shame. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • I'm tall too! I like asos, gap, and old navy! A lot of people love target, but I've never been that big of a fan. 
    I had a look at Target's selection over the weekend. Da fuq. Ugggggly. I hate current fashion standards, everything is a crop top, 90's floral and shapeless. Look at this mess from Gap
    https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1010906&vid=1&pid=181415052
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited March 2016
    Destination Maternity has some cute stuff.  I've been browsing the website lately :)

ETA: some of it is expensive and some is reasonably priced.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • This made me LOL. At least you realize the ridiculousness. My jeans were so tight i drove home with them unbuttoned but I just thought I was fatter than usual. 

My BFF still has all my maternity clothes. She gave birth on Thursday .... I can ask for them back now, right?
    Definite ridiculousness. But needs must. Bloat requires room, I love to research, I want to know what's out there now for clothes. I'm a planner.
  • After having my first, when I was pregnant with my second it was like my body said "Not this shit again. *FLOOOF*" at 8 weeks. This time it's at 6 weeks. Of course I'd gotten rid of my maternity clothing.

Got some maternity jeans. Life is good. My vicious bloat is satisfied. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • You are not alone. I am 5 weeks tomorrow and already hating waistbands because of the bloat. Know the maternity pants are coming soon. I like Zulily, but it's a deal site so it wouldn't be planning you would have to buy now and just save it. LoL
  • I really love Pink Blush Maternitys selection. They're not too expensive and their clothes can be worn during the transition back into your pre-baby body without looking like you're wearing maternity clothes. Might not be your style though. 
  • I really love Pink Blush Maternitys selection. They're not too expensive and their clothes can be worn during the transition back into your pre-baby body without looking like you're wearing maternity clothes. Might not be your style though. 
    Thank you, I've never heard of this site. They have some really cute pieces. Appreciate the tip ♥
  • Yes, tell me any tall maternity places you may find!  I'm not quite there yet at 6w3d, but the clock is ticking!  Plus I just hate pants in general and will take any excuse to wear a stretchy waistband!  ;)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Gap sales and Old Navy were the most reasonably priced that I found.  And Burlington Coat Factory had the biggest selection.  

I remember with my second showing so quickly.  I can't even imagine how this pregnancy will go.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loft has petite maternity so they might have tall. Sincerely, a short person. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aquasocks said:
    Loft has petite maternity so they might have tall. Sincerely, a short person. 
    No tall, but I love the style, thank you! I never knew they did maternity.
    Great suggestion! I just ordered a few things from their clearance section with an extra 50% off. Lots of cute stuff.
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat Oh that Gap dress you linked to! How unattractive! I guess they think pregnant women want to look like those huts duck hunters hide in? Hopefully you'll find something a bit nicer, but you could wear regular dresses for a while, especially since you're baby is currently the size of a pop rocks crystal.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Guys, I'm not really referring to something to wear right now. I am planning ahead. 

Just wanted to gather suggestions for sites. 
  • H&M has maternity, just saying. Mostly I buy off zulily and Loft and stock up on tanks from ON. If you aren't familiar with Zulily, know that the stock changes almost daily, so if there is nothing you like, check back again in another week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hilarious. The bloat is the bane of my existence right now...like you're caught between your flat belly and the cute bump and all you get is the "i'm full of gaseous stank so stand back" gut.

Last time I stuck with Old Navy and the occasional Pea in a Pod for some nicer stuff like Vince boyfriend, cutoff jeans and a swanky dress for an event. Some shirts at Motherhood but their pants and shorts just made feel worse. ASOS and Target had some decent stuff...Target for sure for the bathing suits online. :)

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Hilarious. The bloat is the bane of my existence right now...like you're caught between your flat belly and the cute bump and all you get is the "i'm full of gaseous stank so stand back" gut.

Last time I stuck with Old Navy and the occasional Pea in a Pod for some nicer stuff like Vince boyfriend, cutoff jeans and a swanky dress for an event. Some shirts at Motherhood but their pants and shorts just made feel worse. ASOS and Target had some decent stuff...Target for sure for the bathing suits online. :)
    Pfft. I'm not even stuck between flat belly and cute bump. I'm caught between fluffy and slightly more firmly fluffy. Neither of which is terribly cute. Pants are still uncomfortable though. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Whoa, @EDK2010 thanks for the tip! Just scored a bunch of cute tops at Pinkblush clearance for $12-15 a piece!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Whoa, @EDK2010 thanks for the tip! Just scored a bunch of cute tops at Pinkblush clearance for $12-15 a piece!
    No problem @earichar23! I had never heard of the site until @CassyColberg mentioned it. I am doing fine so far in my regular clothes, but was able to get a few tops for Spring!
  • Props for using a Joe M gif. He's me fav and one true love
  • Guys, I'm not really referring to something to wear right now. I am planning ahead. 

Just wanted to gather suggestions for sites. 
    You're better than me! I went straight to our storage unit and got my maternity stuff out this weekend. I wore a pair of maternity capris today and they were so freaking comfy!

Glad you started this thread, definitely adding websites to my favorites now.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you find tall please keep us posted! I'm 5'11" with a 36" inseam so I'm lucky when I can find regular pants nevermind maternity! I have a feeling I'll be wearing a lot of dresses.

I picked up a BeBand from Target today - $16.99 but 50% off with Cartwheel - expires 3/19!
  • @jessiemzd I'm 5'11" too! I have the hardest time finding regular clothes that are long enough! I'm just suffering through the bloat right now but I did buy a tall maxi from old navy that I feel like I need to buy in every color because it's actually long enough! It's weird but the Victoria secret pink normal v necks are super long and stretch so I picked up a few of those too! My sister said they make the whole nursing thing pretty easy to maneuver around too once baby is here!:) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • If you find tall please keep us posted! I'm 5'11" with a 36" inseam so I'm lucky when I can find regular pants nevermind maternity! I have a feeling I'll be wearing a lot of dresses.

I picked up a BeBand from Target today - $16.99 but 50% off with Cartwheel - expires 3/19!
    We are the exact same height and inseam! 

I will say, Alloy is having a huge 70%off sale and their Tall maxi dresses are stretchy enough, they worked great with my last pregnancy. You can score some for under $10 right now. Their tall t-shirts/sweaters are way long too, past my butt. Those would transition into maternity well.

Also, these leggings from Amazon are like 39" long and if you order a size up, they are super high waisted. I have a pair I ordered the wrong size in and I'm stoked I saved them because they'll totally fit a 7+ month baby belly.
    https://amzn.com/B00PKSYQOS
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat & @anne11716 thank you both! I just ordered some VS yoga pants for the weekends - I'll have to check the shirts too! Annnnnnd check with HR about the maxi skirts/dresses - our dress code is super strict so the leggings are a no-go for work
  • Also, try seeing if there is a maternity or baby/kids consignment Facebook group in your area. Junior League Thrift Stores also have gently used maternity items, sometimes nice stuff because the members are required to donate a few bags. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pfft. I'm not even stuck between flat belly and cute bump. I'm caught between fluffy and slightly more firmly fluffy. Neither of which is terribly cute. Pants are still uncomfortable though. 
    Try Lularoe leggings...that shiz is the bomb for pregnant, ahem, firmly fluffy, bellies. :wink: 

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • ^^This! I live in my LuLaRoe leggings!!! And their dresses are super cute for maternity wear as well!

I had a look at Target's selection over the weekend. Da fuq. Ugggggly. I hate current fashion standards, everything is a crop top, 90's floral and shapeless. Look at this mess from Gap
    Is it bad that I think the Gap dress is cute? lol
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    I'm tall too! I like asos, gap, and old navy! A lot of people love target, but I've never been that big of a fan. 
    Is it bad that I think the Gap dress is cute? lol
    I love skater dresses by nature, I just wish it was fitted better. It will make anyone look like a tent. 
    Pink Blush is my favorite!  I also kind of like destination maternity, and I love lularoe even though it isn't technically maternity. 

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Just broke down and bought two pairs of maternity work pants from Loft - there are some in the clearance, down to 23 a piece, and they're giving $25 bucks off if you sign up for emails! 

I'm down to one pair of work pants fitting comfortably due to this bloat, so I hope they get here soon! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • I wanted to order from target online and ship over to New Zealand I just wanted a pair of their plain jeans but the sizing is weird and I don't get it when it says s, m, large what is that in like a normal sizing it is like a 4, 6 etc??? I already struggle buying from the us converting the numbers into my countries but this s m large thing is worse 
  • I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to put out a PSA that I found some awesome non-maternity, elastic waist band, linen shorts at Old Navy that are so comfy! They were having a sale on all ladies clothes so they ended up being $13!! They are roomy and not too short. They should last through the bloat days before full maternity shorts are needed! 
  • I know several of you have recommended Zulily. How would you describe the quality? 
  • Amore42 said:
    I know several of you have recommended Zulily. How would you describe the quality
    Zulily sells different brands depending on the day, so the quality will depend on the brand. I've always liked what I've ordered from zulily - but be careful - they don't usually accept returns.
    Zulily tip - shipping depends on how much you buy, but once you place an order, you get free shipping the rest of the day. So, buy the cheapest item first (so then use the free shipping for anything else you're ordering.