May 2016 Moms

TTT 3/15

It's Tuesday! Let's hear all of the things!

My 3:
1. I have a Chiro appointment today and couldn't be happier. She releases my round ligaments and some of my tight jaw muscles. It feels so good when I leave! 

2. My last day at my part time job is this Saturday. I'm excited to have more time to be with DD, but I'm going to miss the supplemental income. At the end of the day, DD>$. For sure. 

3. I finally ordered a sectional for our living room. It's gray and I'm obsessed with it. Can't wait to sit my pregnant butt down in it.  

What's going on with you this Tuesday?

Re: TTT 3/15

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I really don't think DH realizes how much life is going to change after a baby. Almost every time I say "Well, I'm not sure if we'll be able to do that/go to x event next year since we'll have a baby.." He's like, "Oh we'll just bring him. It's not a big deal." While I definitely know we'll have baby out and about.. I also know we can't go, go, go as much as we do right now.  And I'm pretty sure bringing a baby to a 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Bible study on a weekly basis is not the best idea. 

2. Officially 3rd trimester, yay :)

3. We still don't have a name picked out. My dad has nicknamed him Bronco, and DH has been calling him Quartus. My sister freaked out on me yesterday saying, "If you don't pick a name soon, he's going to get stuck with one of these terrible names!" Um, no. Last time I checked, DH and I get to decide his name.

4. The weather here has been b-e-a-utiful the past few days.

5. I drink so much water. I feel like a camel.

6. Furniture-wise, we still need to get a glider and dresser for the nursery. There's a family that owns a furniture store in DH's hometown that loves DH, so hopefully we'll go shopping at their store over Easter weekend. They gave his sister a huge discount on the nursery furniture she bought from them a few years ago.

7. I cannot stop eating BoomChickaPop white Cheddar popcorn.

8. I didn't get to watch the Bachelor finale last night, but I'm sure the Internet will spoil who the winner is by the end of the day.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• 1. Today at my appointment they said this will be my last 2 week stretch before the 1/week appointments start.  Yikes!
    2. We seem to have survived DD's transition to her big girl bed.  Her naps have shortened in length, and she hasn't learned to chill out in her room when she wakes up yet, but I'm just relieved to finally have made the move.
    3. Our nursery is almost done!  I'm just doing finishing touches.
    4. We decided on an "under the sea" theme for the nursery.  I'm going to order some artwork from Etsy today to go over the crib.
    5. I'm pretty sure DH went against my request and bought HUGE orca and sea turtle stuffed animals to go in LOs nursery.  He did the same thing when I was pregnant with DD, except that time he got a giraffe and a lion.  Lol.
    6. I have had terrible headaches and a return of nausea for the past 2 days.
    7. My BFF was in town this weekend and dropped off a bunch of warm-weather maternity clothes.  She is a lifesaver; I was starting to get desperate with the warm weather, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything.
    8. We made homemade Rigatoni D (Maggiano's style) this weekend.  It is delicious.
    9. I've been so tired the past few days.
    10.  I slept for 9 hours last night!  But still woke up feeling exhausted.
    All I can focus on is Maggiano's. I freaking love that place!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 2. I had a great time at our shower this weekend but I hate all of the pics. I look like a whale in a pretty dress.

This. I know exactly how you feel. I dont like any of the pics that were taken of me with family/friends. "whale in a pretty dress" is precisely how i described the pics, especially standing next to all my thin non pregnant friends. UGHHH... yeah none of those pics are getting posted or framed.
  • wsgjmw1 said:

2. I had a great time at our shower this weekend but I hate all of the pics. I look like a whale in a pretty dress.

This. I know exactly how you feel. I dont like any of the pics that were taken of me with family/friends. "whale in a pretty dress" is precisely how i described the pics, especially standing next to all my thin non pregnant friends. UGHHH... yeah none of those pics are getting posted or framed.
    I was just thinking about this. I mean, I look awesome in my dress...for a pregnant woman. However, none of my friends or guests will be pregnant so I am going to stand out like the big elephant in the room, literally! And it just so happens that all my family and friends are pretty thin and/or athletic so I normally look giant compared to them, but now I will eclipse them! Maybe I will stand like 3 ft behind them if we take a group photo to try to trick the camera...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I hate the point in pregnancy when you brush your teeth or lean in to look in the bathroom mirror and bump your bump. So uncomfortable.

2. I have no idea what to wear for Easter. We do mass and a brunch, and I would like to attempt to try to look decent.

3. So many comments on my body. I am not one to enjoy pregnancy, so I have a hard time with the comments on top of that. I just think my fetus might be giving everyone the finger? Dilation is not an appropriate topic - why can't people get that?

4. I have never watched one minute of the Bachelor, and I really don't understand why there are so many magazine covers? That is probably an UO.

5. I really want to watch Vinyl - has anyone started it?

6. I am ready for sushi. And booze.

7. I have 8 weeks left, and am wondering what my weight gain will be like compared to my last 8 weeks of my first pregnancy. I am just so g d hungry all the time. I can eat a feast, and an hour late feel ravenous. That is definitely a third tri thing for me.

8. We had two names we were deciding between for this girl. We chose one, and have referred to the baby for months as this name. My toddler has also decided she is with child, and she calls the baby in tummy Margot (the name we did not choose), and last night pulled her shirt up and was like "Oh watch my belly, Margot's kicking". Just spot on imitation. It was everything.

9. My intense pregnancy/labor/delivery fear is that my baby will not move head down, and I will have to have a c section. I am just so afraid of the pain and subsequent recovery. I have never had any kind of medical procedure, so the fear is there..

10. I live in this the constant state of excitement and readiness for May 15, and the overwhelming anxiety at how much I have to do to get ready.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • 1. I hate the point in pregnancy when you brush your teeth or lean in to look in the bathroom mirror and bump your bump. So uncomfortable.

4. I have never watched one minute of the Bachelor, and I really don't understand why there are so many magazine covers? That is probably an UO.

#1 - Yup. Or when you go to spit in the sink and your boobs touch your belly. I am so not used to that.

#2 - I don't really watch any tv, but certainly not the Bachelor.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @That1didntcount We are really enjoying Vinyl. If you are into the music from that era, all the better!! The acting is mostly good, and they put a lot of effort into the set design. I would definitely recommend it. The pilot is  2hours long - just push through it though - it does not feel that long. 
  • H0neyC0mb said:

3. I made 18 freezer crock pot meals on Saturday. My version of nesting is weirdly all food related at the moment.

Jealous!!!!  I have several make-ahead cookbooks and a "plan" to start on April 1st.  I hope I can get a good stash going so I don't have to think about it for awhile.

Also..."whale in a pretty dress" was pretty much the best I was hoping for.  Basically if someone mentions the word "pretty" in relation to me these days I will be thrilled. Yay for my pregnancy self-esteem :disappointed: 
  • 1. Just got the call - whatever likelihood for 'pre-term' labor test they did this morning, I came back negative! Winning!
    2. While I can't do insanity anymore, I was cleared to walk on the treadmill. A little sad, but so happy to not be on MBD.
    3. Weekly appts for the next 2 weeks just to make sure everything is okay, then bi-weekly, then weekly again.
    4. I got a 3D pic of baby boy this morning - definitely started tearing up since it felt so real!
    5. I'm waiting on my boss to tell another person in the office I'll be taking over her team... it is going to be so awkward. I'm excited for the promotion, but it wasn't an open position. I hope she doesn't hold it against me or leave.
    6. Because I forgot to pack lunch and had a DR. appt and baby class tonight, I'm eating out twice. No workout today either. Watch me growwwww.
    7. I need to order my breast pump. I know there is a thread, but if anyone has a suggestion for a tote for the Spectra, let me know.
    8. Randomly jumped out of bed last night thinking I was going to throw up... SO random.
    9. I have some vacation I have to use so I'm thinking about taking a 4.5 day weekend next week.
    10. Just finished a caramel milky way... omg. Those things are good.
  • AliciaD39 said:
    1. Just got the call - whatever likelihood for 'pre-term' labor test they did this morning, I came back negative! Winning!
    2. While I can't do insanity anymore, I was cleared to walk on the treadmill. A little sad, but so happy to not be on MBD.
    3. Weekly appts for the next 2 weeks just to make sure everything is okay, then bi-weekly, then weekly again.
    4. I got a 3D pic of baby boy this morning - definitely started tearing up since it felt so real!
    5. I'm waiting on my boss to tell another person in the office I'll be taking over her team... it is going to be so awkward. I'm excited for the promotion, but it wasn't an open position. I hope she doesn't hold it against me or leave.
    6. Because I forgot to pack lunch and had a DR. appt and baby class tonight, I'm eating out twice. No workout today either. Watch me growwwww.
    7. I need to order my breast pump. I know there is a thread, but if anyone has a suggestion for a tote for the Spectra, let me know.
    8. Randomly jumped out of bed last night thinking I was going to throw up... SO random.
    9. I have some vacation I have to use so I'm thinking about taking a 4.5 day weekend next week.
    10. Just finished a caramel milky way... omg. Those things are good.
    I'm also getting the Spectra and have heard good things about Sarah Well's Pump bags... A little pricey, but they have a built in pocket for the pump and also have an insulated cooler type pocket on the other side. And I like that they don't scream 'I'm a breast pump bag'.

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A79YJ2R0F36N7&merchant=A79YJ2R0F36N7&redirect=true
  • 1. Finally cleaned out s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ the crib and organized the house. 
    2. Thinking of hiring someone to do a deep clean of the house before the kid arrives since I'm not feeling particularly motivated to scrub anything right now.
    3. I *should* go to the gym but I really want to just hang out on the couch with the dog.
    4. Speaking of the dog, it's his FIRST BIRTHDAY today!!!
    5. I am cooking him chicken for dinner and got party hats! I wrapped his present in cat paper. DH thinks I'm insane. 
    6. Heartburn still sucks.
    7. Tired of people saying "Oh wow, you're still working?!?" I've got ten weeks to go. 
    8. Also tired of "You're so small," "Wow you've popped!" etc. 
    9. I can tell I'm cranky because in my head my response to all of these things is "f**k off".
    10. On that note - looking forward to a big ass beer after the little gal arrives. 
  • 11. I went outside to walk during lunch today. I quit after 5 mins. Too hot. I'm thinking of checking the temperature on the pool when I get home today to see when I might be able to start swimming again. I miss my swimming pool. :( 
  • dsmith211 said:
    11. I went outside to walk during lunch today. I quit after 5 mins. Too hot. I'm thinking of checking the temperature on the pool when I get home today to see when I might be able to start swimming again. I miss my swimming pool. :( 
    Swimming while pregnant is fantastic! It takes so much pressure off of your back/hips. I wish I had access to a pool this time around. 
  • kbrands7 said:
    dsmith211 said:
    11. I went outside to walk during lunch today. I quit after 5 mins. Too hot. I'm thinking of checking the temperature on the pool when I get home today to see when I might be able to start swimming again. I miss my swimming pool. :( 
    Swimming while pregnant is fantastic! It takes so much pressure off of your back/hips. I wish I had access to a pool this time around. 
    This is mostly what I'm looking forward to as this is what everyone is telling me. Baby is head down right now and feels like she's moved down a little bit putting a lot of pressure on the hips. I love swimming in general, but I think I might end up liking it even more while pregnant. Fingers crossed the pool starts warming up quickly so I can use it soon and finally get a little relief.
  • kbrands7 said:
    dsmith211 said:
    When we first moved into this house five years ago, there was a huge built-in pool that we rarely used because there was always something going wrong with it. About two years ago we finally paid around to have it filled in, because we were sick of doing repairs and we'd just discovered another major problem that would have cost us about $18,000 to fix. 

Cost-wise, this was the better option in the long run (and now we have a bigger backyard space for the dogs to run around in!), but oh my gosh I'm really missing it right now. Just based off how much better I feel while taking a bath, swimming must be marvelous. I need to make friends with somebody who has a pool. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @dsmith211 thank you so much for the suggestion! will for sure check it out!

@bkjade so happy for your pup's birthday! Get lots of pictures (once, we put dog treats in the balloons and he popped them and figured it out - hilarious!) - I swear, my dog knows because he is a million times happier his birthday week.

@kbrands7 7. Also helping a mother at work who just returned from leave to secure her pumping rights. I'm in Mama bear mode lately.

^^hand clap for you. I think someone like you should be a requirement at every workplace.