July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Recipes!

Hi mamas! Happy Monday! So my little one isn't so fond of purees unless they are seasoned lol I don't blame him though. I'm a FTM and I was doing purees the healthy way just with the veggie and a pinch of salt but he doesn't like it. Would any one share their recipes and how you are preparing the purees! Thank you mamas! 

Re: Baby Recipes!

• Options
    I use a book called Top 100 Baby Purees.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    No help here, my baby eats anything I put in her mouth! Lol but my friend does put cinnamon in bananas and sweet potato - maybe he'll like that? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No help here, my baby eats anything I put in her mouth! Lol but my friend does put cinnamon in bananas and sweet potato - maybe he'll like that? 
    Thank you! Yes I've tried a bit of cinnamon on apples or sweet potatoes, he liked it! 
  • Options
    kyrenora said:
    I use a book called Top 100 Baby Purees.
    I use the same book.  Love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son eats anything lol but a few fav mixtures are pear and banana, carrots spinach and banana, blueberry and apple, mango carrot and banana. He LOVES banana so it's used as a base alot when I make him food.
  • Options
    Hazel doesn't like purees either. I was hesitant at first, but we began grown-up food about a month ago (at 6 1/2 months old).  I started with tiny chunks of banana, then cut cooked carrot, and then quickly realized that smushy grown up food was absolutely the best.  I made Julia Child's split pea soup recipe and fed us all our first meal.  :):)

I believe that "food before one is just for fun" so breastmilk is still her primary source of food.  When we feed her, we usually just share the baby-safe parts of our meals with her.  So today Hazel ate mostly breastmilk, but also a tiny bit of oatmeal with peanut butter (maybe 1 tbs); then we had shepherd's pie for lunch so LO had cooked carrot, peas, mashed potato and ground lamb (about 4 tbs total, mostly meat); then for dinner we gave her about 1/3 of a banana, sliced into four parts lengthwise and guacamole.  

We have cupboards full of purees so I try to give her purees a few times each week.  We end up throwing most of them out.  :(  But it's crazy, because she LOVES grown-up food!!

Definitely make sure your LO has his pincer grasp down before you introduce finger foods.  Hazel chews with her gums (no teeth needed) and we haven't had any incident of choking… Just be careful, and best of luck!!
  • Options
    Check out babyfoode.com. Awesome recipes!