May 2016 Moms
Options

Favorite mat yoga pants?

Getting my shtuff together to pack my hospital bag. I've never worn yoga pants (I know, a tragedy), but I love my foldover waistband maxi skirts. Would like pants for postpartum though. Share your favorite yoga pants! Extra points for picture and/or link to purchase.

Re: Favorite mat yoga pants?

• Options
    httpscene7targetimg1comisimageTarget50190293wid480hei480
    https://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-maternity-over-the-belly-performance-yoga-pant/-/A-50190293#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=maternity+yoga+pants

I love these. You can fold them over as you need to for as big or little as your belly gets or lessens.

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Nice and stretchy @doozer1345 ? I don't want muffin top when I'm already sporting the doughy postpartum belly, ya know? How's the fit? Right on, or do they run small/large?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No muffin top. You can fold them over (or don't) and the fold over is very stretchy. I've never had muffin top with them. I don't like tight clothing around my hips anyways. I'd say they run pretty true to size if not a hint bigger. I got a large which is what I would normally get bc I don't like the spandexy fit anyways. They're very adjustable.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Thanks, mama <3 I'll check them out.
  • Options
    I got mine at gap for $1.50!! Super comfy, and I bet were incorrectly marked. Of course I bought all of them  in my size they had at that price! 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I like the gap ones too. Order you're pre preg size. 

I cant believe you've never worn yoga pants?!?  
  • Options
    I love all of Old Navy's maternity yoga pants. I haven't found a pair that doesn't fit perfectly yet.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
  • Options
    Yes to old Navy and target. Target has several styles to their black sweatpants and even come in lengths!!!
  • Options
    Okay, question about all these yoga pants, since I've never really worn them either...how well do y'all's favorite brands run, length-wise? Not just the general fit, but do they tend to be short on the legs? The pictures kind of make it look like that. I mean, the models might just be tall, but still. Back in the day, I used to wear similar pants for dance practice, and even brand new they almost always came to just above my ankle (which I suppose was good for dance so I didn't trip, but I hated that look with the fiery passion of ten white-hot suns), and I'm only 5'2". I don't even like it at home...I get rid of pants as soon as they start to reach that point. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @amberraysofdawn I'm 5'3" and the regular length old navy yoga pants are way too long on me. I usually buy the capri but if you don't like showing ankle maybe go for the regular? I hate having super long pants and don't mind a bit of ankle. I prefer Ingrid and Isabel but they're pricey, their ankle length yoga pants fit me like regular length pants without the excess fabric. 
  • Options
    @bltbear82 Thank you!! I also usually would prefer the capri, but shaving is no longer the high priority that it used to be, so I'd rather just have pants, especially for the hospital when I know I'll have visitors stopping by. :P 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wear the ones that are tight at the ankles, so there is a little more leeway on length. I'm 5'10", so it's harder to find athletic pants that are long enough. 
  • Options
    No problem @amberraysofdawn. I know how hard it is to find pants, I can't wait for dress weather here!
  • Options
    I dont know if these are technically "yoga" pants or not....but I will live and die in these... :) https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=90453010101&MasterCategory_Id=MC11
  • Options
    js8812 said:
    I like the gap ones too. Order you're pre preg size. 

I cant believe you've never worn yoga pants?!?  
    Me neither. Hopefully I fall in love with some of the ones you gals mentioned. I need spandex pants in my life once I have to ditch maternity jeans. I'm also hearing raves about Lularoe leggings? Might need to get on that bandwagon too.