November 2016 Moms

PGAL Check-In 3/14

Re: PGAL Check-In 3/14

• @kns1988, I think ultrasound dating can be off by a day or two. The egg only lives a max of 12-24 hours after ovulation, so it would be near impossible for you to O on the 13th but not fertilize the egg until the 15th. I wouldn't worry too much about this. The baby is still really small, and the measurements on the ultrasound have some room for error in precision.
  • edited March 2016
    Decided to remove this post since I realize the topic may be upsetting and I should leave it out of a support thread. Apologies if anyone was upset. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the reassurance, @m6agua, @aquasocks, and @RiverSong15! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016

Weeks: 
    6+3 today

Next milestone/appointment? 
    First appointment with NP and an ultrasound next Monday. Loss milestone is Saturday. Cue anxiety...

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 
    Symptoms are still same old same old. My stomach is starting to feel very mildly off if I eat too large of a meal, but indigestion is nothing new for me, pregnant or not.

My MIL is in town starting the end of this week... I'm irrationally irritated that she's here over our loss milestone and first appointment. I want to be able to freak out in front of H, but MIL doesn't know anything about either pregnancy. I also feel like we'll be forced to tell her the outcome of our appointment. I don't want to have to hide this for the next 3 weeks while in my own home.

I shouldn't be this upset about it... We haven't seen her in 3 years because she lives on the other side of the world, and I know she'll be super excited. It's just, being 7+2 next week is still really early. Also, the next 3 weeks, god forbid, are kind of prime time for something to go wrong. I'm terrified I'll MC again while we are hosting my MIL. Do NOT want on any level. Ugh.

Questions? 
    None at the moment.... I'm sure I'll think of something later. 

GTKY: Are you crafty? If so what is your favorite project you have done? 
    Yes, I knit. I'm still not great at it though. I just finished a striped basket weave blanket for a friend who gave birth last week, and I'm currently weaving in all the ends. The edge with the weaved in ends is looking much worse than the other edge. It's the thought that counts, right guys? I'm a perfectionist, so I definitely judge myself harshly.
  • @riversong15 I'm sorry your MIL is throwing a wrench in the works by being present. That sucks. 
    K.

• So had my ultrasound at the fertility clinic. I'm measuring a bit behind (5+2) but that's not a big deal. My O date isn't certain and I may have implanted late. Who knows. I don't know if they'll change my due date for a 6 day discrepancy. Some do for 5 some for 7. 

Baby is definitely in the uterus and has a heart beat of 107 which is perfect for this point. 

Still trying to figure out cause of severe pelvic pain. So far no one knows but it is significant enough that I'm worried. 
    Yay uterus baby! I hope they get your pain figured out really really soon.
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending good thoughts @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt!! At least it's intrauterine! That's a step in the right direction.
  • So glad LO is intrauterine with a nice little heartbeat @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt! Hope they can sort out the source of your pain soon, unexplained pain is no fun!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @KRMcD - I think I "know" you from a small private group that formed from the bump. I'm so happy to see you here after such a devastating loss! (I was having twins that should've been due Feb '16, but lost them at 20 weeks due to pprom from unknown incompetent cervix. Any twin mamas out there, please insist on cervical length checks early in your second trimester.)

Weeks: 5w 4d

Next milestone: Appointment Thursday to make sure they can see the sac in my uterus and rule out ectopic.

Rants/raves: After everything being very uneventful so far, I had the tiniest bit of pink spotting today. I know it can be ok, but I was much more comfortable when nothing had been going on down there.

Gtky: Yes, I love crafty things. Currently I'm into sewing. I started a project to sew micro preemie clothes for hospitals, since they didn't have anything small enough when my twins were born. It's therapeutic for me to do something in their honor. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KRMcDKRMcD member
    @ss456
    Yes!  Sorry to hear about your losses. 

I had pprom with my first (living child) at 33+6. So I'll be getting regular cervix checks and be on progesterone starting at 16 weeks.

That's awesome that you're making micro preemie clothes.  I'm sure that will make families very  happy (or at least, make things easier).

• So happy baby is in the right place and that you have a heartbeat!! That's great news. Hope the pelvic pain resolves itself. @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt
  • Thanks, guys. I'm feeling much more optimistic about this pregnancy now. If my next ultrasound (9 weeks) looks good I think I'll feel downright excited. My RE is referring me to an OB but he'll do the next f/u before I'm handed over. 

Well no one knows why I'm in pain, so it's probably not going to kill me, so that's what we're going with. It's 6-8/10 pain and it's really affecting my ability to do stuff, but baby is okay so I'll just take a couple of tylenol when I really need to do something and hope the pain stops. I'm wondering if I pissed off a nerve or if adhesions are stretching/tearing or something. I've never had anything like this before, except the ectopic. It's not heterotopic so at least that's not a concern (sonographer checked.)

Guess every pregnancy has something new and unfun to discover. 
    K.

• (Love tit for the optimism and the good news, not the icky pelvic pain)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Riversong15 Is there a reason why you don't want to tell MIL?  I guess I would just tell her. Even though its early, because you can get support either way. That being said I don't know your MIL and maybe she's not a great support system.

@kilgravemademedoit Glad your baby is doing good and in the ute!

@ss456 That is so sweet of you to make micro-preemie clothes!

I just scheduled my first ultrasound. She gave me a date (I would have been 6+1) and I asked for a later one because I know sometimes that is too early for things. So my ultrasound is for 8+1. I can't wait.

Also I just told my manager. With leaving early for blood tests and scheduling 2 middle of the day appointments in April I decided to tell him. I work 40 minutes from where I live so its not easy to just leave on lunch for appointments and stuff. I am actually glad I told him this early. He was super understanding and supportive and said my schedule can be flexible to avoid using too much PTO.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Hi, I'm Robin. I hope I can join you here. I found out I had a MMC at 13 weeks, but the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks.  I had a D&E in Aug 2013, and I got pregnant with my rainbow baby in Nov 2013, and he was born Aug 14. I found out I was pregnant with this baby on 3/2, and my due date is 11/16. The due date of the one I lost was 3/2, and I found out I was pregnant with DS on 11/16. So, that's super weird! Although I have my rainbow, I hope I'm welcome here. I feel like once pgal, always pgal if that makes sense. Being pregnant is so stressful after you've lost one. I'm trying to stay positive, but I can't help but worry.

Weeks:  5w

Next milestone/appointment? ultrasound on 3/29. I've always seen the heart beat at the early ultrasound. So, while it will help ease my fears somewhat, it will still be awhile before I can feel more comfortable. One step at a time though! I'm really anxious about it.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I'm having a hard time figuring out if I have any symptoms or not, and it's driving me crazy. I'm hungry all the time, but I'm not sure if it's related, and I was nauseated for the first time yesterday but not today. I historically have bad morning (all day) sickness so I'm getting kind of worried. I can't remember exactly when it has started in the past though.

GTKY: Are you crafty? If so what is your favorite project you have done?  I am very crafty. I'm kind of a jack of all trades kind of crafter. I'm not sure what my favorite project is, but I did my own pocket folds for my wedding and did a lot of the other decorations, etc, and it turned out really nice. I also have a painting of my cat who passed away that I did at one of those wine and design things that I really like. I'm sure I'm forgetting something I'm more proud of. Lol

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Hi!  Just introduced myself on the main thread, but I'll give a little intro here too... I'm 6w6d today.  I had a missed miscarriage with D&C on 5/1/15 and 12/31/15(Happy New Year to me.. ).  Found out I was pregnant this time by passing out and going to the ER where they did a urine test and found out that there was some HCG goin' on- very very early! Needless to say, we were thrilled!!  I'm happy to be here, staying positive and just hoping to stay the whole time!

Weeks:
    6w6d

Next milestone/appointment?
    Had an ultrasound Monday where I finally got to see a nice healthy heartbeat (never had one with my first two pregnancies) and good measurements.  Follow up appointment with my Dr. tomorrow!

Questions? Not really...

GTKY: Are you crafty? If so what is your favorite project you have done?
    I really enjoy making wreaths for my front door!  I made a lot of the table numbers and centerpieces for our wedding.  I keep looking on pinterest for cute nursery ideas, so I know I'll enjoy crafting stuff for that :)

• @Robinischo - I've also had my rainbow baby, but that doesn't calm my nerves.  You are definitely welcome here!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @comealongponds So thrilled you got to see the heartbeats! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• I unfortunately don't have time for the full update, so apologies in advance. 

Week:6+3

Saw the heartbeat on ultrasound yesterday so I'm officially feeling positive about this pregnancy after so many very early losses and the loss of twin B this pregnancy. Thinking it was for the best since I seem to have a healthy bean still in there :)

Next Milestone: Follow up US and official intake into the pregnancy track in two weeks. Praying everything still looks good with this sticky one by then. 

Rants: had to tell the higher ups at work today and I'm pretty sure it's going to cost me my promotion because they offer 12 weeks maternity (paid) and I don't see them wanting to pay me more than they are now to not be in the office. They were nice and supportive but I'm assuming the promotion is on hold until next year now and I really need it to make daycare for DS2 and LO affordable. 

Questions: is it just day light savings that's killing me or the baby because I have needed a nap constantly 

• @alanaw121 Yay for seeing the heartbeat! I think its probably illegal for your employer to not promote you based on the fact that you are pregnant. I know that it may make a difference in reality, but technically it should not be part of what determines if you get it or not. Good luck!
  • @m6agua, we didn't want to tell anyone until we were sure it will stick. It's a combination of factors. I'm not super close to MIL. I think she'd push me to talk about it. Plus, she's been putting a LOT of pressure on us (H in particular) for grandkids. If something does go wrong with this pregnancy too, we didn't want to open the door for questions about when we're trying again. On top of that, MIL is dealing with some pretty shitty family and personal  stuff back home and has been pretty depressed lately - we didn't want to tell her, have her be thrilled, and then have to crush her again if something goes wrong. I'm also dreading other people being more excited about this pregnancy than we are, and we just CAN'T get that excited yet. I don't want to have to explain PGAL brain. She would be very understanding and very sad for us if she knew, but I'm just not 100% sure I'm ready for others to know.

Our current plan is to hide it until our appointment on Monday, and then just tell her the outcome. It will be too stressful to hide for 3 weeks from someone living with us. I just wish we didn't feel forced to tell this early.
  • Weeks: 4W 4D

Next milestone/appointment? Today! I have my first attempt at an ultrasound.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: After my ectopic in August I'm so terrified of losing my other tube. I'm hoping today they can at least confirm a sac in my uterus. Fingers crossed this baby is sticky in my uterus! 

Questions? None, just tons of anxiety :)

GTKY: Are you crafty? If so what is your favorite project you have done? Zero craftiness whatsoever. Lame.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married 7/2012
    DS born 11/2013
    Ectopic , right tube removed 8/2015
    BFP 3/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, I'm Robin. I hope I can join you here. I found out I had a MMC at 13 weeks, but the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks.  I had a D&E in Aug 2013, and I got pregnant with my rainbow baby in Nov 2013, and he was born Aug 14. I found out I was pregnant with this baby on 3/2, and my due date is 11/16. The due date of the one I lost was 3/2, and I found out I was pregnant with DS on 11/16. So, that's super weird! Although I have my rainbow, I hope I'm welcome here. I feel like once pgal, always pgal if that makes sense. Being pregnant is so stressful after you've lost one. I'm trying to stay positive, but I can't help but worry.

Weeks:  5w

Of course you are welcome here!!!!!
  • Welcome newcomers! I definitely agree that once a PGAL, always a PGAL! 

Just wanted to update and say that I saw two gorgeous little heartbeats this morning (124bpm & 132bpm), babies are growing and look good so far! The SCH is still there next to Lake (baby B ) so going to continue monitoring...waiting on the official report for measurements.

edit to fix this guy: B)
    That is beautiful news!! @comealongponds
  • FX for you tomorrow @Jolenef07...I'll be waiting for an update!

• Saying a little prayer for a big strong heartbeat and a happy ultrasound tomorrow @Jolenef07!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • **TW on this whole post**

Weeks:
    4+4

Next milestone/appointment? Don't have one until second beta comes back.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I'm not handling this well. I'm so terrified of having another CP/early loss. My doctor's office didn't even have my progesterone tested with my betas... why would they not test for that when I had a CP only two months ago? My first beta was 361 at 13dpo, which I feel like is on the higher end for 13dpo, but it doesn't mean anything without the second number. I had the blood draw yesterday and they still don't have my test results. Which is crap.

Questions? So I started to have cramping today. I'd been having pressure and little twinges for days, but today feels like full on AF cramps. With my CP I started cramping and bleeding on 4+4, which is today for this pregnancy, and I'm just not handling this well. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding yet, but I look for it every time I use the restroom... I want my second beta number!

So my question is, has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy with AF-like cramping this early? I just feel like I'm fated to lose this one, too. The cramping feels exactly the same as what I had with my loss. :(

GTKY: Are you crafty? If so what is your favorite project you have done? Not crafty per se, but definitely handy. I laid and grouted the tile in our laundry room, hallway and half bath. DH cut it all himself with the tile saw. We're a good team!  We also ripped out all the old linoleum that was there and had to re-level the cement subfloor. And also completely replaced everything in the half bath.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2016
    Hugs @AmeliaPond! I know it's so tough getting past loss milestones. With both of my pregnancies, I had pretty serious cramping, worse than what I normally get with my period between weeks 4-5, and I did not have CPs. This sounds normal to me, but I totally understand how it causes anxiety. Hang in there!

ETA: the cramping started to subside after I hit the 5 week mark, and now I only get twinges occasionally.

@Jolenef07 - fingers crossed for a great ultrasound tomorrow!

• @Jolenef07 Sending positive thoughts your way!  
  • @MissAmeliaPond so happy to see you here! I had some decent cramping early on, and it still comes and goes especially if I've been slacking on my water intake. I also have bilateral corpus luteum cysts  which is contributing to the pain (dx with ultrasound so you won't know if that's part of your problem for a bit yet in all liklihood). I also had some severe cramping & bleeding the other night courtesy of a large SCH. Drink lots of water, and do your best to relax (easier said than done of course). Thinking good thoughts and sending you sticky baby vibes!

• Well I have started bleeding. Bright red and a fair bit on my pantyliner (have to wear one because of the progesterone) though it seems to be less now. This might explain the pain I've had the last couple days. 

I'm going to call my RE's office in the morning and ask for an ultrasound. 

I shouldn't have let myself get excited. 
    K.

• edited March 2016
    @RiverSong15 Thank you for sharing your experience with me and the encouragement. I just really want my second beta number. 

@comealongponds I've been lurking for a few days :) Congrats on the twins! That's so exciting! I was waiting for my stupid second beta to come back before I committed to jumping in here, but I have been so scared today, and needed to talk to you guys! I drank a ton of water today and still had bad cramping. Super scary. I just hope it stops soon. 

PS. I love that we're all Whovians.  ^_^

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt Thoughts and prayers for you.  
  • FX for you @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt - keep us posted. *hugs*