3rd Trimester

Problems w/ sugar?

Anyone else have a problem with sugar during pregnancy?

This is my 3rd pregnancy. I do not remember having this problem previously.  Usually for my first meal of the day shortly after I eat I feel awful quickly thereafter maybe 30 minutes later.  My heart feels like it is racing (but it is not). I feel jittery, but I am not actually shaking. I also feel irritable because I physically just do not feel right.

I PASSED my glucose test…could I have a false positive? Could this be hypoglycemia instead? Any insight? I can’t take it anymore the way it makes my entire body feel. I am going to the doctor today at 3;15 (general practioner).

Anyone else?

Re: Problems w/ sugar?

• I'm only 25 weeks, but noticed that if I don't space my carb intake correctly then I get sick feeling/head aches. My glucose test isn't for 3 weeks, but with my second my sugar dropped very low after the test and I think the same thing is happening now. I just started following a modified version of the gestational diabetes diet and so far it seems to be helping. Very limited sweets, complex carbs and I increased the amount of protein that I was eating slightly. It's been about a week and I feel much better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My problem with sugar is that I want to eat All of it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • What time of the day is your first meal and what are you having for breakfast? If you're eating toast, bagels, cereal or fruit you may want to switch to a high protein meal like an omelette with ham and cheese. Lay off the juice as its liquid sugar and drink water with lemon. 
  • I've had problems with sugar for years without a diabetes diagnosis. I read an article saying pre-diabetes should be called type 3 diabetes because it needs to be taken seriously. If sugar is causing you problems, cut back. Way back. Get a blood glucose meeter as well. Keep snacks on hand and eat more frequent smaller meals. Best of luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker