Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL Check In 3/14

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has had a great week. Thought I would add a GTKY question this week, so here goes:

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD?

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:

5 GTKY: What are your top three favorite movies?

Re: Weekly PGAL Check In 3/14

• Loading the player...
  • @anna.oskar       How exciting!  And I like how your kid is already getting compliments

@WishILivedInFlorida     I thought I would be reassured by having some sort of symptom, but I'm really not at all.  But the seabands actually seem to work!  And I got my betas back and they were good!  15,000 which is higher than I ever got last time.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• @chloe97, I still don't have a ton of symptoms, but I did have cramping between weeks 4 and 5, including some side pains. Everything has settled down, cramp-wise. And the FRER is likely from drinking too much.... I made that mistake early on when trying to figure out my squinters. Test in the morning and it should be darker!
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    38w EDD 31. of March 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    this SPD/PGP is killing me and I can't wait for birth so I'll be done with that crap! And the car needs to be washed, but my DH won't let me take it to a auto wash because they're to rough with the varnish (hope that's the right word) and I'm to cheap to pay someone to do it (I'd rather spend that money on baby stuff) so I'm stuck waiting for DH to have the time to do it. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 
    Birth! 
    :) 

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (and Disney movies in general)
    Lord of the Rings
    Love Actually 
  • Best wishes for a smooth delivery @Synnovus

I'm not sure how I feel after my appointment today. Luckily, my OB insisted on an US to calm my nerves. We are 7w2d today and baby is measuring 6w4d. I'm trying not to worry. Heartbeat looked great, and we are over our first loss milestone officially, but can't help feeling a sense of dread. I know when I ovulated and this would put me more like 7w4d so I'm even further behind. They are repeating an US next week because I'm BSC and my OB is awesome. Hoping for a good outcome this time. Sorry for unloading. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida Sorry you are feeling a little worried.   Remember a dating scan isn't an exact science.  They can be off by about 3-5 days and there is always human error involved in reading an ultrasound.  
    Glad you have an understanding OB who is willing to help you so much in calming your nerves. Now you just need this week to go by fast!
  • 1. How far along are you? Thought I was 11+2, But I'm apparently 10+6

2. Next milestone you're looking forward to? NT screening coming up... any chance to see the baby, I'm happy.

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: This isn't really a rant, just an emotional vent. This week is much tougher than I anticipated. My son's due date was supposed to 3/23/16 and I'm finding that the days leading up to it are a nightmare...and full of actual nightmares where something happens to my baby and I can't help him. As they say, grief comes in waves and it is a tidal wave this week. It just hit me the other day like a ton of bricks - I'm supposed to have a baby next week. I'm using all of the energy, though, and planning our garden where we'll be planting a tree in memory of our son on his due date. Also, I got great reassurance yesterday at my Dr.'s appt! We heard a strong baby beat! While I'm sad, scared, anxious and nervous, baby's saying "Don't you fret, mom, I'm healthy and holdin' down the fort in here!" Thanks for the reassurance bebe!

4. GTKY - Top 3 Fav movies: 
    Gahhhh this is a tough one!

A league of their own (This is just one I can watch over and over and over...)
    Nightmare before christmas (or really any Tim Burton... It was a close call with Beetlejuice and Big Fish)
    It's a Wonderful Life

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @EmmieAnn22 Thank you for that reminder. I'm trying not to worry too much. I should clarify that I am beyond excited that this little one is sticking so far! I guess naive me thought that once I saw a heartbeat today that I would relax. Not so! I guess I'm past my first milestone and now I just have to take things day-by-day and enjoy being pregnant!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida, here's hoping the dating was just off or that you just had a late implantation/slow starter. Thinking good thoughts for you!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I've had 3 early us with this LO and I measured different with +/- 2-4 days each time and on top of that at my anatomy scan I got a new EDD too... Measurements can be off a little and also harder to get sometimes due to baby's position and so on. 
  • @Synnovus I'm hoping that's what is going on. If I wasn't temping and tracking ovulation I'm sure I wouldn't be so crazy now. It will be interesting to see how they measure next week. Thanks for the reassurance! I'm much more relaxed today than yesterday. 
  • Happy Monday! Hope everyone has had a great week. Thought I would add a GTKY question this week, so here goes:

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 34 weeks tomorrow, due 4/30

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Had a serious false alarm and was hospitalized for a day and a half but I wasn't dialated and baby is doing fine (good girl!). My first trimester symptoms of backaches and headaches are back as of this week making things very tough.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 37weeks. I'll feel more comfy for baby to arrive by then.

Gosh. Really hard to pick. I'm gonna skip this one!
  • How far along are you? EDD? 21 weeks, July 30th

Rants/Raves/Randoms: I have so much to do. Pediatric CPR/First Aid class, birthing class, breastfeeding class, call insurance about a breast pump and ask about adding the baby to insurance, do a registry, prepare the nursery, plus do various projects that I want out of the way before the baby comes.

Next milestone you are looking forward to: Viability

GTKY: What are your top three favorite movies? This is tough. Some favorites include Airplane, High Fidelity and Pretty Woman.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• ***** TW*******

Unfortunately, my PGAL journey is ending. At my ultrasound today, the sac and yolk sac were measuring at 6 weeks with only a possible fetal pole visible. I should be 7+2, and there's no way I'm off on dates. H and I are devastated, despite trying to not get attached to this pregnancy. We are generally feeling hopeless, and like this just isn't going to happen for us. I'm now waiting to start bleeding and trying to decide on options in case I don't MC naturally. I'm getting betas in the meantime, but I am exactly 0% hopeful. It's mostly just to have a baseline to track my HCG drop. Of course, my MIL is visiting us right now, which is just horrible timing. I want to curl up in bed and stay there, not entertain my MIL. We had to tell her about both MC, and I'm wishing we hadn't.

Thank you all for the wonderful support you've given me over the last few weeks. I hope you all get happy and healthy take-home babies.
  • ***** TW*******
    Unfortunately, my PGAL journey is ending. At my ultrasound today, the sac and yolk sac were measuring at 6 weeks with only a possible fetal pole visible. I should be 7+2, and there's no way I'm off on dates. H and I are devastated, despite trying to not get attached to this pregnancy. We are generally feeling hopeless, and like this just isn't going to happen for us. I'm now waiting to start bleeding and trying to decide on options in case I don't MC naturally. I'm getting betas in the meantime, but I am exactly 0% hopeful. It's mostly just to have a baseline to track my HCG drop. Of course, my MIL is visiting us right now, which is just horrible timing. I want to curl up in bed and stay there, not entertain my MIL. We had to tell her about both MC, and I'm wishing we hadn't.

Thank you all for the wonderful support you've given me over the last few weeks. I hope you all get happy and healthy take-home babies.
    So sorry to hear this. Sending you big big hugs.
  • I'm so sorry, @RiverSong15. I had two losses, too. I hope your third try goes perfectly. And I'm so sorry your MIL is there. If I were you, I'd curl up in bed anyway. Since you told her what happened, you don't have to pretend you're okay. Hugs to you. xo
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @RiverSong15 I'm so so heartbroken for you. And I agree, I would stay in bed too. MIL *should* understand. Take care of yourself. Sending T&P and hugs!
  • @RiverSong15 I am so sorry. I agree that you should curl up in bed and rest. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• @RiverSong15 I'm so very sorry that you are going through this, it really is a cruel and unfair world at times and no woman deserves to m/c, let alone m/c more then once. Screw your MIL and do whatever you need right now. You take care of you because that's what truly matters right now. Hugs :'(
  • @RiverSong15 I'm so sorry for your loss. Agree with all the others pp MIL should understand, go get some rest and do what you need to do for you. Lots of hugs
  • Hugs @RiverSong15
    I'm  so very sorry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• @RiverSong15 be kind to yourself.  I'm so sorry!!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    @RiverSong15 so sorry for your loss! I can remember very well the complete hoplessness when we found out my 2nd pg wasn't viable. Press for answers if that's something you feel like you need (i did). Don't lose hope! Take care of yourself and let your Mil take care of herself! You need to focus on you now!