January 2016 Moms

Daylight Savings Time

i figured I'd start a thread for our frustrations with DST. I've heard parents complain about it for years. Now I get to experience the joys...
luckily, LO was nice enough to sleep an hour less than usual before her first feeding in the middle of the night, so hopefully she'll be right back on track for the day. However, I fear the longer daylight tonight may disturb going to sleep. I'm not celebrating yet!

Re: Daylight Savings Time

• I was so excited at 4:45 that she had slept that long and I couldn't figure out why my tracker app was telling me it was 6 hours since the last feeding not 7, then I realized the time skipped... Oh well I guess I will take it.  The toddler was up bright and early anyway so that was fun.
  • 2winterbabies2winterbabies member
    edited March 2016
    With baby #1 never had an issue with sleep. He is a heavy sleeper like his dad and he loves his sleep as much as his mom ;)

Right now my DD is doing just fine. She wakes up and hour early or an hour later during some days anyway. I'm just going to stick with the routine even if it's off by a couple hours. DD was up all hours of the night yesterday. It was a pretty tough one 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Loading the player...
  • I realized we were going to miss a feed with the time change. Her nap right now is all messed up, she technically missed a feed at 930 but she fell asleep at 9 (her old 8 am nap) and I didn't want to wake her up. So we're aiming to get back on track with our 1230 feeding. 

Also going for our 2nd attempt to see the Easter bunny today after we had an explosive poop in our car seat yesterday and had it all over our outfit. Womp womp
  • l4rk said:
    I realized a small perk of having a baby who barely has a schedule is that DST really doesn't impact us yet. We still eat and sleep on demand, so... take that, time change!
    This!! Lol!
  • l4rk said:
    I realized a small perk of having a baby who barely has a schedule is that DST really doesn't impact us yet. We still eat and sleep on demand, so... take that, time change!
    Omg yes! I was starting to think we were the only ones not in a solid routine yet! Jamie never noticed a difference. I got excited thinking I'd gotten a total of 6 hours sleep then realized it was only 5 after all. 
  • No routine here with the baby... which totally screws with the routine of the toddler. Lol. Nothing like having a time change when he's (toddler) sick to boot. Everything is so off for my poor miserable little man. 
  • The bed time struggle was real last night! Forgetting about the time change I woke her up from what would of been her cat nap to get ready for bed. Got her down only to wake up 30 mins later and be difficult to get back down. I didn't realize we were an hour off until s friend mentioned it and asked how she was dealing with it..... Sleep is all whacked out so I had no clue the time change happened
  • My little one had zero issue but we also didn't have a routine. It's "feed when hungry" in our house. He usually goes down for the night around 8:30 so it's dark anyway. 
  • We don't have much of a routine at our house with the little one, but the toddler ended up going to bed an hour "late" and sleeping an hour "late", so all of our meal times are messed up. I'm going to shift everything by 1/2 hour for a few days, then the second 1/2 hour to get back on track.