July 2016 Moms

Viability Party!

Celebrate here when you reach 24 weeks! (International standard for foetal viability).

Whilst it would be incredibly early and absolutely terrifying to have our babies now, there is some comfort in knowing that medically, there is a chance that baby could survive at this point.

Sounds like a good reason to celebrate to me! :smile:

Re: Viability Party!

• Loading the player...
  • Got there today! :)

Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I am waaaay too superstitious for a thread like this!
    I'm the same way too, talk to me when I hit 37 weeks when I'm full term.
    Why? 
  • ^maybe they're feeling like celebrating viability could "jinx" things and lead to preterm delivery or complications? Not that anyone logically thinks that but I get what they're saying.

still, 24 weeks last Thursday woo! im just marking it as that much closer to third tri and then full term.
  • I am waaaay too superstitious for a thread like this!
    Full term was redefined a few years ago.....39-40 weeks is the new standard FYI 
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• I'm a few weeks away but want to post this before I forget....absolutely terrifying yet inspiring!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/premature-baby-elayah-faith-pegues-home-from-hospital-charlotte-north-carolina/

TTC since June 2011
    IUI or IVF in December

• xc1148 said:
    I am waaaay too superstitious for a thread like this!
    Full term was redefined a few years ago.....39-40 weeks is the new standard FYI 
    Between 37 and 39 is "early term." It's not ideal because the baby still needs to cook but the risks are greatly lowered from preterm. 

• @elenabrent I haven't taken my clean menstrual cup out of my purse yet...I keep wanting actually to get rid of it because this is my first baby, so I'm likely to need a new one - but I can't manage to convince myself to get a new cup either. I'm almost never superstitious, but in this case apparently I am. I am going to celebrate 24 weeks for the same reason, but @givemepenguinss & @oneliloaktree13 I completely understand why someone wouldn't want to celebrate it either. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy is totally the right plan and having concerns and anxieties about all this is totally normal - even though I know I'm being irrational about removing the cup from my purse, lol!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited March 2016
    Maybe we should start a superstition thread too. I have a box of pregnancy tests and a box of tampons sitting directly next to my toilet in the master bath -- we have a separate little "toilet closet" with its own pocket door in the bathroom, so I keep a few things I may imminently need right where I can reach them.

I have thought many times about moving them over to the cabinet under the sink but I just can't. And this is my second kid, FWIW.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Haha Yep, just took a trip and didn't want to take the tampons out of my toiletry bag.
  • I celebrate every single week I'm pregnant, every Friday when my ticker changes. I'm also not going to get nit picky with 37 weeks being full term. I'm going to go off of the 4 apps I have on my phone thank you very much.
    That's the funny thing about science...it's always so nit picky!
    TTC since June 2011
    IUI or IVF in December

• xc1148 said:
    I celebrate every single week I'm pregnant, every Friday when my ticker changes. I'm also not going to get nit picky with 37 weeks being full term. I'm going to go off of the 4 apps I have on my phone thank you very much.
    That's the funny thing about science...it's always so nit picky!
    That's the funny thing about me, I don't really care. 
  • @mandyjulie great idea! Though if you guys are anything like me, we'll all start sharing superstitions. 

• stillcozystillcozy member
    edited March 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Screen shot of my calendar app. This is what I go off of. Clicked 37w0days and it says term pregnancy begins.