Options

Friday confessions and Randoms!

confess, discuss, etc
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Friday confessions and Randoms!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Let me preface this FFFC by saying prior to DD being born I volunteered for a Lab Rescue and both my dogs are rescues. I'm a huge animal advocate/lover. BUT....

Every time they bark and go crazy when DD is sleeping I want to let them out my front door lol. 
    My dog breaks into the bathroom and eats/spreads the gArbage (full of pantyliners and breast pads) all over the living room. I regularly tell her I'm taking her to the pound and that I'll never have another dog (even though I don't mean it). I don't walk her, pet her, or even look at her as much as before baby was born. Poor thing.... Once the weather warms up she'll at least get walks again! She is lucky my husband still has some time to give her attention! 
  • Options
    I just ate a cinnamon roll as big as my face. DH bought it for me this morning at the local bakery. I hope he wasn't expecting me to share......it was delicious :smile: 
    @charliegoldengirl my fur baby gets plenty of attention and exercise and she still gets into my laundry basket and eats my undies and tears apart diapers and panty liners from the trash.
    however when my first was a month old she ran away for a night and it was one of the most awful nights of my life.
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish I second that, I had some red aging while I was pregnant  :) I've snuck out of the house for cigarette breaks while DH and LO are sleeping. I wipe off and get back in bed they never know  >:)
  • Options
    DD is 18 days old and still has not received a bath beyond that first one at the hospital when she was 2 days old. I am just so desparate to get her back to sleep after eating that all thoughts of bathing are out the door. I only think of it when she's sleeping.

• Options
    We've changed the swing batteries 3 times now. DS is 5 weeks old. Aside from a 6 hr stretch in his bassinet at night, he will only sleep in the swing. Rocking just makes him mad, put him in the swing with a light blanket by the side of his face and a binky and he puts himself right to sleep. He lives in the swing basically. I never would have let DD do that. I was so worried she'd never sleep in her crib if I let her. #secondchildproblems
  • Options
    I've had a glass of wine almost every night since baby was born. 
    Me too! ;) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't cleaned my house or done much of anything, besides wash loads of baby clothes and wash bottles, since coming home from the hospital. It's like sleep or clean? Eat or clean? The choice is easy and my house is a mess. 
  • Options
    Me too! ;) 
    Are you ladies BFing? If so what are the rules with breast feeding and alcohol? I've wanted a beer so so badly, but have been too shy to ask my pedi what the rules are on that. I'm dying for a blue moon. Or wine. Or both.
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    DD is 18 days old and still has not received a bath beyond that first one at the hospital when she was 2 days old. I am just so desparate to get her back to sleep after eating that all thoughts of bathing are out the door. I only think of it when she's sleeping.
    My baby is 6 weeks old and he's gotten two baths at home. I've got my hands full with my toddlers bedtime!
  • Options
    DD is 2 wks and hasn't been bathed yet. There was meconium in my fluid, so I intended to do it sooner, but her skin has been so dry and I just haven't been motivated to do it. I probably won't do it next week, either. It's not very high on my priority list, since I don't really see the need for frequent bathing in babies. 

Now what I should feel bad about is the fact that I don't think my toddler has had a bath in 2 wks, either. 

• Options
    edited March 2016
    willkc said:
    Me too! ;) 
    Are you ladies BFing? If so what are the rules with breast feeding and alcohol? I've wanted a beer so so badly, but have been too shy to ask my pedi what the rules are on that. I'm dying for a blue moon. Or wine. Or both.
    Drink up, lady!! You're totally safe with one drink (or two!).  Here's what kellymom (my go to bf resource) says https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/alcohol/ 
  • Options
    It's 2am and I'm starving right after nursing (and while holding baby upright/bumping). Do I use energy to get out of bed for a snack or just lay here til morning? The struggle is real .., 
    I'm just jealous that at 2am, you think you'll be sleeping until morning if you don't get up now!

It's 12:30am and I'm starving, too. Nothing easy to snack on, though. 

• Options
    VitaLuna said:
    It's 2am and I'm starving right after nursing (and while holding baby upright/bumping). Do I use energy to get out of bed for a snack or just lay here til morning? The struggle is real .., 
    I'm just jealous that at 2am, you think you'll be sleeping until morning if you don't get up now!

It's 12:30am and I'm starving, too. Nothing easy to snack on, though. 
    Made it to 530am- hooray for three hour stretches of sleep. The toddler's Cheerios are calling my name but I'm  once again stuck under a sleeping baby and probably won't have the motivation to go to the kitchen once I get him back into his bassinet. Maybe I should put a snack next to my bed tomorrow night...
  • Options
    I keep a decent stash on my nightstand, granola bars, trail mix, and peanut butter crackers. So much easier for when you're hungry in the middle of the night!
  • Options
    My husband and his parents left me a messy kitchen and a sink full of dishes (and clean dishes in the dishwasher to put away) which I discovered when going to put away the milk I pumped and clean the pump parts. It was 6am and I did the rest of the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen because it grossed me out so much. Then, I washed and sterilized the pump parts because it seems wrong to try to clean those with the remains of last night's dinner. I  think I may have woken people up which I feel bad about but all anyone wants to do is hold the baby (which I get--that's all I want to do, too) so I'd just end up doing it later--especially since no one did them in the 2 plus hours they were up after the baby and I went to bed at 8:30. Thanks, husband...  I really shouldn't complain because he's normally a huge help, but 4 adults and a baby in a 2 bedroom apartment make things messy real quick. (I think I have turned into my mother. The kitchen being a disaster and stuff everywhere is the kind of crap she worries about). 
  • Options
    Every time they bark and go crazy when DD is sleeping I want to let them out my front door lol. 
    I love my pets to death but I've threatened to lock the cat in the closet that he keeps breaking into and to let the dog live outside when they annoy me. Then we thought my cat ran away and I felt awful about losing my patience with them :(
  • Options
    mrsc12414 said:
    Didn't know where else to post this .. And didn't want to create a new post --- went to mall today .. I'm not comfortable enough nursing yet to do so in public . I still fumble around a lot and really do like some privacy .. I had to idea nordstroms had such a nice moms lounge area in their bathrooms !!! There's couches and chairs to feed in a changing table a sink and lots of space !! Just my psa To anyone else out there that needs a place to go when out in the mall
    They had great ones at Nebraska furniture mart too! I was very impressed :)
  • Options
    I swore I wouldn't cosleep with my LO, he's got a bassinet, a pack n play and a RnP and only way we'll get any sleep is if I hold him at night. I make it as safe as possible for him and I sleep SO much better 
  • Options
    asimms93 said:
    I swore I wouldn't cosleep with my LO, he's got a bassinet, a pack n play and a RnP and only way we'll get any sleep is if I hold him at night. I make it as safe as possible for him and I sleep SO much better 
    We're in the same boat here! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't mean this to sound snotty, because I really do appreciate any help at all, but I'm a little disappointed that my mom hasn't been more helpful with DD1. She watched her 3 days a week before I went on maternity leave (3.5wks before LO was born) and she's taken her for a couple hours, one day a week since then. It's hard on DD, I think, and I really wish I could get a little more of a break!

• Options
    asimms93 said:
    We're in the same boat here! 
    Us too. I put him down every night to start in the RnP but eventually he makes his way to sleeping on me. 
  • Options
    I go back to work tomorrow. I realize I'm extremely blessed to be able to work and be with my kids all day (im a nanny-they come with me to work), but I'm dreading it. I've loved being home and doing laundry, dishes, cooking etc. Oh and did I mention there will now be 9 kids total... And only one of me? At least most of them are in school so I only have them for a bit in the morning and 2 hours after school... Ugh I'm so nervous for tomorrow!