March 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone still breastfeeding? If so, how often?

Hi Moms! Just wanted to know if anyone is still breastfeeding, and if so, how often? My son will be turning 1 this week and we still nurse about two times a day- once when he wakes up and once when I get home from work ... He also takes one bottle in the afternoon while I'm at work. I'm happy to continue nursing after he turns 1, but wanted to get an idea of your situations. Are you still pumping every few hours also? I pump twice at work and once right before I go to bed, although, I think I can cut out maybe one of my pumping sessions. Looking forward to hearing your comments :)

Re: Anyone still breastfeeding? If so, how often?

• Options
    My son still nurses 6 times a day plus 1-2 times in the night on weekends and days that I am home. When at work I pump 2 times and usually in the car while driving home from work. He turns 1 on March 11th.
  • Options
    My son is nursing 3x a day and takes 2 bottles of breast milk at daycare. I am pumping 3x at work. DS will also nurse at night at least 2x. I am working on weaning him off the night feeds. He will be 1 on March 25th and i will begin to very gradually wean him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your routine sound similar to mine. I pump 2 times at work during the day, and nurse my son once in the morning and once or twice at night (usually once in the middle of the night, too). He's getting two bottles of breast milk at daycare. I might have to take antibiotics that I can't breast feed on, and I'm surprisingly sad about the thought of stopping :-(
  • Options
    I am also sad about weaning. Especially since I want to start next month, I am cherishing even the night waking right now. 
  • Options
    I am starting to wean this week, but I was nursing him  in early morning, before I left work, when I get home and before bed time. I stopped pumping at work 4 months ago, he takes formula once or twice while I work. It is hard to wean, but we made it to the 1 year mark right?!!!! So lets pat ourselves on our backs, it was not easy but we did it!!!
  • Options
    We still nurse 6-8 times a day and at least 3-4 times a night (he's a horrible sleeper so it's mostly for comfort) I am working with him to take more solids but he has a super sensitive gag reflex and is  just not too into it. Only eats 8-12 oz of baby food a day. He will be 1 in 2 weeks
  • Options
    When we are home during the day she nurses 6-8 times a day (including night feedings). I pump 2-3 times during the days I work, and she drinks 3-4 bottles at daycare that are ~3.5 oz each. She also eats a ton of solids at daycare, but doesn't seem interested in dropping any of the bottles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm nursing 3x a day - once first thing in the Morning, once when I get back from work, and once right before bed. He also gets a bottle of milk + formula at lunchtime and then 3-4 solid "meals" in between. I'm only able to pump once at work and lately I'm lucky to find time at all, so his lunchtime bottle is becoming more formula and less milk as our stash is depleted and I just can't keep up. In sad to wean but will be trying to keep at least the nighttime feeds going for a while longer. It's my favourite time of day as it's the only time it's just 'us'.....
  • Options
    She just turned one and we're still breastfeeding.  (I'm so thankful we made it this long because we had so many problems for the first 4.5 months).  She nurses about 7 times a day.  When she wakes and sleeps (2 naps and morning and bedtime) and usually one extra at some point.  She was night weaned around 8/9 months old because it was the only way to get her to stop waking constantly and she sleeps 11 hours every night.  I am happy to keep nursing but I would love to sleep in at some point because she wakes between 5:30 and 6:30 then naps 2 hours later so even when someone offers to watch her I have to wake up.  I don't pump anymore but I also haven't skipped a feeding or introduced milk (it would be soy for us).  If I go too long usually get a clogged duct so I'm a little anxious about weaning.  
  • Options
    My LO still nurses on demand. He doesn't quite sleep through the night and nurses a few times. I pump once or twice at work. I hope to continue breastfeeding until he's at least two. He turns one in two weeks