January 2016 Moms

Weekend TW Edition

Share what's bugging you!

My postpartum period is awful. I see my OB for my 6 week appointment on Tuesday. If we can't do a hysterectomy we will do something because I am going to have to get my iron level checked since this is so not awesome! DH got me chocolate because of it so at least there is that. DD2 has colic so it is not fun times but hey, it's all gonna be okay...with chocolate. 
Also Im upset no one told me about taco boats. They are super awesome! 

Re: Weekend TW Edition

• DH is a twatwaffle. I ask my husband to do ONE thing before he came to bed last night since he wanted to stay up and play video games-close the patio door so it isn't freezing in the morning... Bring the kids out into the living room and what do I find??? It is WIDE OPEN!!!! UGH. I can't...
  • l4rkl4rk member
    @PedsIsHardcore wtf is a taco boat?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah. What's a taco boat and where can i get some?
  • A taco boat is a boat made out of a tortilla to make a taco. Old El Paso makes them. I found them at Wal-mart, but I'm sure they're in other stores. DH and I love them!
  • To preface this, I've had horrible nightmares the last couple nights about some lady breaking into my house and not letting me into the baby's room and telling me I'm a bad mom.

We went out to breakfast this morning, and she started to fuss in her car seat. No big deal, it's a down home kind of place that I used to work at, so no one cares. My husband picked her up out of her seat and she settled down, he gave her to me to wrap into the Moby, and she wasn't having it, so I passed her back to him. This old lady next to us goes "Ut oh mom, it looks like shes a lot happier when she is with dad!"

I know im extra sensitive due to my weird nightmares, but F you stranger lady. Yes our daughter comfortable with her father, but really, is it some sort of competition? 

• m6tonner said:
    To preface this, I've had horrible nightmares the last couple nights about some lady breaking into my house and not letting me into the baby's room and telling me I'm a bad mom.

We went out to breakfast this morning, and she started to fuss in her car seat. No big deal, it's a down home kind of place that I used to work at, so no one cares. My husband picked her up out of her seat and she settled down, he gave her to me to wrap into the Moby, and she wasn't having it, so I passed her back to him. This old lady next to us goes "Ut oh mom, it looks like shes a lot happier when she is with dad!"

I know im extra sensitive due to my weird nightmares, but F you stranger lady. Yes our daughter comfortable with her father, but really, is it some sort of competition? 

I'm so very sorry you had to deal with that! That lady was super rude! Horrible nightmares are the worst! I have done the exact same thing! You are not alone!
  • Kitchen faucet broke at 8:30 tonight.
    Pro: the sprayer had been disconnecting itself so we preemptively bought a new faucet yesterday.
    Con: Hubby is now spending the rest of the evening attempting to install the new one while I try to get LO to sleep. Doesn't sound like it's going too well on his end so far..
  • carlyhammondcarlyhammond member
    edited March 2016
    Nightmares are my TW: 

I've been having horrible nightmares. 
    Ive woken up multiple times still in a "dream" and LO's face is covered with a blanket, I blink my eyes and he's fine ( this happens multiple times a night) 
    last night I dreamed of the grim reaper-- I'm terrified to sleep.... 

I just want it to stop. 

Also, my phone is a TW.. It's not allowing my app to load so I have t been as active lately. 
    A new phone is in the works as long as the irs hurried the (bleep) up
  • l4rkl4rk member
    edited March 2016
    @carlyhammond I was thinking about you just this morning and wondering where you went! Glad it was just the app.

ETA: posted prematurely...
  • Thanks @l4rk glad to know people care :) 
    LO and I are doing great, I wish I could get on and socialize more. 
    But, the community will not load 99% of the time and I get fusterated having to keep reloading to get it to work. 

Hopefully ill be more  active soon. 
  • The app is so hard to use, I just use my mobile browser. It works way better. I just have have J16 bookmarked and load it up anytime I want to check. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    The app is so hard to use, I just use my mobile browser. It works way better. I just have have J16 bookmarked and load it up anytime I want to check. 
    Samesies!  
  • The app is so hard to use, I just use my mobile browser. It works way better. I just have have J16 bookmarked and load it up anytime I want to check. 
    Never thought of that! My app shuts down every time I look at (our think to upload pictures to) any of the graphic heavy threads. I worked hard to make a cute baby and I want to show her off!
  • Yep I ended up deleting the app and using my browser too. 
  • Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020