Infertility
Options

Clear Blue OPKs question!!

Hey ladies!! I did the clear blue OPKs last year for some months and even though I was getting a happy face I hadn't got a BFP... I just wanted to ask you if you know should I keep testing the following day from my positive OPK? Just to make sure that the ovulation did in fact occurred? I was just getting the positive smiley face and I did not kept testing the following day and I read somewhere that someone was testing the following days to see if opk was negative after a positive and to confirm that way the positive opk! I also take my temp in the morning to confirm ovulation! So please let me know what you think...! 
  • TTC 19months now!
  • PCOS & a small fibroid
  • Low level of DHEA 
  • Currently taking - 50g DHEA, 30g Q10 & Pregnacare conception! 
  • Hopping for my little miracle every single month!!!

Re: Clear Blue OPKs question!!

• Options

Mine didn't ask for a test after it detected "peak," and I was too afraid of breaking the machine to try to stick one in when it wasn't asking for one.  I did use the cheapos for a couple days, to see the line get fainter, but with the line being mostly due to the trigger shot, that's probably not really meaningful.  I definitely still temp, as I can figure out from that yay or nay a couple days before either AF or a BFP show up, but I've noticed that the more hormones get added, the weirder my chart gets.  (The stim hormones alone did weird things, forget about the trigger shot.  This is my first cycle also doing progesterone for the TWW, and that's also definitely adding some weirdness.  But, too deeply ingrained at this point to stop doing it, and maybe I'll eventually figure out the pattern.

IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • Options
    Last month when I did the trigger shot my doctor said to not even try OPK because it was going to show for sure a positive more than one day and possibly not the actual day of ovulation.. So this month I just said that I will try without any trigger shot to see if I ovulate on my own! I think that I will do the clear blue digital ones and keep doing them until the smiley face is gone...I don't know if they show more than one day the smiley face but I think that I will try this and see what happens... 
    • TTC 19months now!
    • PCOS & a small fibroid
    • Low level of DHEA 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the OPK.
    I have PCOS and according to the OPK I do ovulate, every single month.
    But I don't.
    My body makes the hormones to give a smiley face, but no egg is released, or an immature egg is released.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Temping is really the only way to confirm ovulation, so I wouldn't rely on the OPKs.  OPKs only show that your body produced LH, which triggers ovulation.  They do not confirm that ovulation actually happened.  Only temping can do that!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    vrdespina said:
    Hey ladies!! I did the clear blue OPKs last year for some months and even though I was getting a happy face I hadn't got a BFP... I just wanted to ask you if you know should I keep testing the following day from my positive OPK? Just to make sure that the ovulation did in fact occurred? I was just getting the positive smiley face and I did not kept testing the following day and I read somewhere that someone was testing the following days to see if opk was negative after a positive and to confirm that way the positive opk! I also take my temp in the morning to confirm ovulation! So please let me know what you think...! 
    Hi, are you going through fertility treatments with an RE? How long have you been trying? 

Unfortunately, most women here are going through infertility and have monitoring with their Dr.  Most women here will not be relying on bbt or opks. Maybe try the trying to conceive boards. They have wto/tww daily boards where people who are actively trying can help answer your questions. 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey!! Yes I'm going through fertility treatments with my obgyn since November! I have been trying with my hubby for 20 months now and had a chemical pregnancy in the beginning of 2015... This month if we are not successful I think my doctor will give me Clomid... 
    • TTC 19months now!
    • PCOS & a small fibroid
    • Low level of DHEA