2nd Trimester
Options

Can a Yeast Infection Cause a False Negative on Amniotic Fluid Test?

Two night ago, while doing dishes I felt a gush of fluid that completely soaked my panties and pj bottoms. Yesterday I wore pantyliners and kept soaking through them with fluid and discharge. My doc sent me to the ER yesterday. The midwife looked at my cervix and said that I had a pretty bad yeast infection and that was probably what was causing fluid to leak, but she swabbed me anyways. She told us the test results would take about an hour. Less than a half an hour later she came in and said that the tests came back showing I wasn't leaking AF and that we could go home. Today I've soaked 3 pantyliners in 3 hours. I've never had this happen while I had a yeast infection. Is it possible the yeast infection caused a false negative? Thanks! 

Re: Can a Yeast Infection Cause a False Negative on Amniotic Fluid Test?

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I feel like the medical professional would know better than anyone here....
    If you're still concerned you should probably ask your doctor. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No, they test for two different things. 1)nyou can see a yeast.  2) the PH is usually different,  and if she did the fern test or other tests. 

Trust your provider.