September 2016 Moms
Options

Harmony test

did any of you do the harmony test?  If so how far along were you and have you received the results yet? 

Re: Harmony test

• Options
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    I can't open that link for some reason :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's on page 2.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    Hi I had the harmony test done at my 10ish week appointment, it took about a week to get the results back (Appointment was Thursday and I got the results the following Wednesday). 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

@AMT1107 thanks for your reply. 
  • Options
    I got the test done at exactly 10 weeks. I received the results 6 calendar days later- healthy baby girl!
  • Options
    thats awesome. I read a few places where people didn't have enough cells so they had to be redrawn and I am dying to know. I was ten weeks four days so surely I'll be ok. Thanks @colesmommy15
  • Options
    I had blood drawn for Harmony at 10w6d and received the test results exactly one week later.  They recommend any time after 10 weeks so I'm sure at 10w4d (especially if that was confirmed by your OB with a us) that you'd be good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my blood drawn on Wednesday 2/24 and waiting to hear the results.  :)
  • Options
    Just talked to my dr yesterday and she said they usually wait until 12 weeks, but I've heard others do it as early as 10 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    12 weeks.  We got the results in 7 days, also found out we were having a girl!
  • Options
     I did mine at 10w1d. Two weeks later we found out we were having a boy. At my 10 week appointment my doctor never mentioned anything about waiting longer to do the test for more accuracy, otherwise I would have.
  • Options
    For all of you who got this test.  Is this a standard test or did you have to request this?  I know I had my blood drawn for my first tri screening (which checks for down syndrom and other possible issues) but i don't think it was the harmony test (specifically).  I'm just wondering if this is a test you have to request to have?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @erinmarie86 I was asked by my genetic counselor if I wanted to have some sort of NIPT test. We opted in since my insurance is supposedly covering it but it was optional. The genetic counselor said that if our first trimester screening had come back with elevated risk then she would have recommended we do a NIPT like Harmony or move straight to amnio/CVS. 
  • Options
    We had ours done this last Tuesday and we are impatiently waiting the results.  My doctor's office said 10 days but I have been reading in a lot of places that is does not take that long.  I pray that what I am reading is right.  The waiting is horrible. 

• Options
    We had ours done yesterday. I'm in a little of a panic because I've seen things about it costing almost $1000. When the doctor asked if we wanted to find out if it was a girl or boy. I asked about cost. He told me that sometimes insurance covers it differently but worst case scenario it is around $100. Does that sound about right? I even joked that if it was more my husband would kill me.