November 2016 Moms
Options

Call Me Crazy But I Think I'm Having a ...

edited March 2016 in November 2016 Moms

So I think that all of us here are between 3-6 weeks right now which is obviously really early on in our pregnancies, but I was wondering if anyone has any "feelings" about the gender of their baby?? 

I think the baby is a Boy.  Seriously have nothing to go by except the feeling I have lol.  It may simply be because it's what we're hoping for since we'd like the pair or because that's what the Gregorian calendar told me I'm having (how convenient lol) but in the end I feel it's a boy.  The truth is I was wrong with our 1st, I thought I was having a Boy all the way up until 20 weeks when we found out which we weren't, so clearly I'm not the best at this feeling thing.  Though I'm often right with others pregnancies. 

Obviously if I'm wrong that's ok because what matters is Health.  Amen.

Re: Call Me Crazy But I Think I'm Having a ...

• Options
    Anytime I talk or think about the baby I picture it as a boy, so who knows.  I don't have a preference, just as long as I have a baby in my arms in November :)
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Before I conceived, when we were trying (and even before, when we were just talking about it) I always pictured the hypothetical kid as a girl. I would have dreams about her. But now that I'm preg, I keep thinking of it as "he." I think that might have more to do with the fact that we default to "he" when anthropomorphizing things, which is what I'm just doing to this ball of cells right now. (Blah, blah, patriarchy, blah, blah, blah) :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    While I was in the TWW, one morning I just got hit with the thought that "if I'm pregnant this cycle, it's a boy". It was weird and random.
  • Options
    It's a boy. I just have a feeling for no real reason 
  • Options
    I was convinced my first was a boy. I just KNEW it would be. I had multiple dreams about delivering a boy and had to bite my tongue when people asked what I was having before our ultrasound. When the US tech said "girl" I didn't believe her! It was such a shock and adjustment in my mind because I had be so sure!

This time, my daughter (who is very much a girl!!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had this crazy "feeling" too that its a girl. Cant really explain it. When I told H that we were expecting his first two reactions were that he knew it and that its a girl. He refers to it as a girl only and I keep telling him hes gonna feel silly when its a boy! But we both seem to be on the same page with this notion. I agree that as long as I have a baby in November it doesn't matter to me!
  • Options
    A girl would be 'easier' because we agree on a name and because we can get all my niece's old stuff. So I think it will be a bit because the universe loves irony :-)
  • Options
    I have had weird feeling that this one was a boy. Nothing at all with my DD, so having a feeling is new to me. Although I'd obviously be happy with a healthy baby regardless of sex, part of me feels like having a girl would be easier because I have all the stuff, so my intuition is contrary to what I'd prefer.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea why and it's completely irrational but I'm convinced this baby is a boy. 
  • Options
    I was certain my first was a girl. I was wrong. 

Was as equally certain my second was a boy. Wrong again. 

I'm not going to predict with this one, hah. My track record is worse than chance. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    XmomXXmomX member
    I knew without a doubt my first was gonna be a boy and I was right. I am 99.9% sure this one is also a boy. Even before I ever got pregnant I always had a feeling I would only have boys.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    With my first pregnancy everyone around me and even myself was convinced I was having a boy. I was very shocked to find out I was having a girl. This time around we are hoping to give her a baby brother but I'm determined to not let myself lean too much in one direction over the other. I can definitely say that this pregnancy is already so much different though! 
  • Options
    laurenlalaplaurenlalap member
    edited March 2016
    For some reason I'm thinking this bean is a girl. 
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    It will be fun to revisit this post once we all know what we're having, unless your Team Green of course and then it will be a while.  

• Options
    I've thought since day one that I'm having a boy, just a gut feeling. The Chinese Gender Chart says boy as well so we shall see!
  • Options
    My husband thinks boy... I have no idea! 
  • Options
    I have a gut feeling girl and I had a preference of another boy before we conceived this one, but now I'm torn (I actually prefer being torn!) lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    With my first I knew it was a boy from the very beginning, also had dreams often that further convinced me. This time I haven't really had a clue, although I did buy a cute little dress the other day just in case (: I wouldn't mind another boy so DS1 can have a buddy to grow up with (he'll be 2 when this one is born). But I'd love a girl just so I can experience both. As long as he/she is healthy I don't care!
  • Options
    I feel like this baby is a boy. I actually don't care what we have as long as it's a happy, healthy baby, but I've dreamed of this baby and it's a boy in my dreams. We shall see!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like this one is a girl. DH with our first two pregnancies as soon as we found out just knew what we were having. Both times he was right. With our Angel he didn't have the feeling at all. This time he says Girl, so we'll see if he's right a third time. 
  • Options
    Chinese Gender chart says it's a girl... I'm  still just trying to wrap my head around the fact that a tiny human is growing inside me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When my last cycle started, I scheduled a pity party spa day. The masseuse was an adorable woman from Barbados who "could sense it would happen soon ... and it's a boy." Well, 2 weeks later, she got the first half right ... as good of a reason as any to assume it's a boy?  ;)
  • Options
    I've been having serious boy vibes about this little sprout. Last time around I had no vibes one way or the other, but DH really thought it would be a girl and he was right. We shall see...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Moon cycle says boy this time. In my super 'scientific' sampling, I've only seen it wrong once. 
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@punchdrunkthirty please do share more about this scientific info?

I go off the Gregorian Calendar which, in my experience, is fairly accurate but I'd love to hear about your method.

Update:  I just looked it up, I O'd on either the 19th or 20th of Feb so if it was the 19th it's a Girl but if it was the 20th it's a Boy.  FF puts me at the 20th so we'll see. 

• Options
    I have no idea and we are not finding out the sex. It will be a long 8 months of guessing!
  • Options
    I feel like I'm having a boy. But maybe that's because I'm already a mom to a boy, it would be a different world with a girl!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@punchdrunkthirty please do share more about this scientific info?

I go off the Gregorian Calendar which, in my experience, is fairly accurate but I'd love to hear about your method.

Update:  I just looked it up, I O'd on either the 19th or 20th of Feb so if it was the 19th it's a Girl but if it was the 20th it's a Boy.  FF puts me at the 20th so we'll see. 

me too! 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What is this Gregorian calendar folks are talking about? I tried google, but I'm just getting hits of Chinese gender charts.
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's a boy, and I don't know why. If I could pick, I'd probably choose a girl, so it's not that. Just a funny intuition I guess!
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 My cousin showed me this one when I was KU with our first and it was accurate for us.  It was also accurate for 7/8 of her friends and 10/12 of mine.  No gaurentees of course but still fun.

Its a Chinese/Western Gregorian Calendar combo:

https://chinesefortunecalendar.com/predictsexlink.htm

• Options
    @RiverSong15 My cousin showed me this one when I was KU with our first and it was accurate for us.  It was also accurate for 7/8 of her friends and 10/12 of mine.  No gaurentees of course but still fun.

Its a Chinese/Western Gregorian Calendar combo:

https://chinesefortunecalendar.com/predictsexlink.htm

According to this, all the possibilities are a girl.  That's what I was feeling anyways, so we'll see how it goes!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I'm pretty convinced that this one is a boy. With my first, I was so so so sure that it was a girl and lo and behold, baby girl arrives in August. 
    I just have a strong feeling that this one is a boy.  
    Happy either way, of course. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The regular Chinese gender chart says girl, but the link above says boy. We'll see if my intuition is right.
  • Options
    With my last BMB, once most of us knew what we were having, I posted the link in its own thread and did a poll to see what the results were.   I can't recall the % but it was favorable towards the chart being fairly accurate.  I'll do the same here once the ball gets rolling with finding out genders :) 

• Options
    I have no idea, but H is pretty convinced it's a boy.  We'll see!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Okay that chart says girl for me. For all possibilities.
  • Options
    taylernielandtaylernieland member
    edited March 2016
    We are hoping for  a boy according to the calendar it should be a boy both our parents had a boy and two girls so the odds maybe against us

• Options
    I think I'm having a boy.  I keep calling the baby "he" and even Eric thinks it is strange how I keep referring to the baby as "him"

i sort of wanted a girl, just because together we have two girls, and idk I wanted to see pretty dresses and take her picture in them???  It sounds stupid, but I used to do that all the time for my daughter but lately she doesn't like the clothes I make.  She doesn't specifically say that to me, but she won't wear them. Everyone always used to say how pretty her dresses were.
  • Options
    I'm torn on which would be better (really...cliche as it sounds...healthy is all I want!). Right not my symptoms are similar to last time so I'm thinking another girl. Plus, I did that uber silly needle on a string over the wrist test and it swung in a circle...just like last time. My BFF was expecting at the same time and her's swung like a pendulum and she had a boy. lol Take it all with a grain of salt though.

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17