May 2016 Moms

You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

Re: You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

• JoMunson said:
    Anyone else getting a little muskier downstairs? I know increased discharge is a fact of pregnancy but this week (31+3) it's gotten even more tropical and muskier down there.
    For sure! Great description! Just another beautiful pregnancy symptom. So over this
  • You notice dirt or something that needs to be cleaned at EVERY turn, and wonder how you've lived in such filthy conditions for so long.  Nesting, you're awesome until you're not.

I have even started doing this in my office! We just moved into brand new offices about 5 months ago, so the building still has that new carpet and paint smell, but I can't help myself. Our cleaning crew doesn't do the best job (something I've only recently noticed), and the books and knickknacks on my shelves and desk are sometimes a little dusty. My boss walked in the other day to find me dusting.  He laughed hysterically and told me to send an email to our facilities department about it. But I don't want to be that crazy pregnant lady, so I think I'll keep trying to wipe things down myself for now!
  • Loading the player...

• Merciel said:
    Anyway the one that I actually came in here to say today: All week I've just been buying pretty clothes in my pre-pregnancy size because I am so over maternity shopping. It's not fun, it's not cute, the novelty wore off months ago, I hate all of this now. I'm sick of being a giant blimpy whaleperson and I want my old self back.

So I just buy pretty clothes and dream of the day -- soon! so soon! -- when all these things will fit again.
    ^^THIS!!!  I just placed a large online order last night of all regular work clothes because I'm so over this and can't wait to get back to feeling like myself!  I've been feeling so frumpy lately that I thought ordering some normal sleek and polished non-maternity clothes would make me feel better.  But now I'm afraid I'm going to cry when they come in and I can't wear them yet!
  • swflJD said:

Merciel said:
    Anyway the one that I actually came in here to say today: All week I've just been buying pretty clothes in my pre-pregnancy size because I am so over maternity shopping. It's not fun, it's not cute, the novelty wore off months ago, I hate all of this now. I'm sick of being a giant blimpy whaleperson and I want my old self back.

So I just buy pretty clothes and dream of the day -- soon! so soon! -- when all these things will fit again.
    ^^THIS!!!  I just placed a large online order last night of all regular work clothes because I'm so over this and can't wait to get back to feeling like myself!  I've been feeling so frumpy lately that I thought ordering some normal sleek and polished non-maternity clothes would make me feel better.  But now I'm afraid I'm going to cry when they come in and I can't wear them yet!
    I've ordered 4 very structured dresses recently to wear to a wedding this summer. I keep trying them on and get a little frustrated that the clasp is fine but the zipper is just gaping open mid-back to accommodate the bump. They're so pretty, I can't bring myself to return them. 
  • swflJD said:
    You notice dirt or something that needs to be cleaned at EVERY turn, and wonder how you've lived in such filthy conditions for so long.  Nesting, you're awesome until you're not.

I have even started doing this in my office! We just moved into brand new offices about 5 months ago, so the building still has that new carpet and paint smell, but I can't help myself. Our cleaning crew doesn't do the best job (something I've only recently noticed), and the books and knickknacks on my shelves and desk are sometimes a little dusty. My boss walked in the other day to find me dusting.  He laughed hysterically and told me to send an email to our facilities department about it. But I don't want to be that crazy pregnant lady, so I think I'll keep trying to wipe things down myself for now!
    I've been doing this too, but the cleaning crew at our work is not allowed to touch anything on our desks bc people got weirded out when other people were touching their stuff... so it was probably needed anyway. I also found a container of Lysol wipes in the break room and took them back to my desk and wiped everything down too. I got some looks, but I now feel better. LOL.
  • tgortney said:
    I'm about to go full on fatty-mode with my first ever in-n-out experience on our babymoon  :p
    YES! I have had in-n-out the last two nights ...no shame here.
  • tgortney said:
    I'm about to go full on fatty-mode with my first ever in-n-out burger experience on our babymoon  :p

I'm pretty sure I've been in full on fatty mode for months. I've never eaten so many bagels and muffins in my life...and fries!! 
  • tgortney said:
    I'm about to go full on fatty-mode with my first ever in-n-out burger experience on our babymoon  :p

I'm pretty sure I've been in full on fatty mode for months. I've never eaten so many bagels and muffins in my life...and fries!! 
    Same!!!  Give me alll the bagels.  No, seriously, give them to me or suffer the consequences.  
  • @JoMunson the musk is out of control.
  • When you eat and are EXTREMELY full even though you only ate half a regular size portion but just 20 minutes later you're starving again and it is a vicious cycle all day!
    Then your boss and coworkers point out how your snacks aren't very healthy for the baby! I'm sorry but I'm eating nonstop and if I want bugles I'll have bugles!

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• When you eat a pizza. A whole one. Then feel full and get heartburn. Soothe it with a snickers ice cream bar. More hearburn and fullness. But then you feel like something savory. Hmm... avocado and hummus sounds good.. wtf...... 
    and that was just dinner.... 
    then DH comes home and says: Thank God you made me a smoothie this morning, I had no time to eat ANYTHING today, I was so busy... 

Urrgsss.... I felt so GUILTY AND STUFFED!!!!!!!  Could not tell him what i just had. FOR DINNER. 

• I'm using this thread to bitch. Last night was the first night I woke up because my hips ached. I would have to switch positions constantly. 
    Next, I second @Merciel and hating maternity clothes. Couple the hatred with my love of spring fashion and I'm full on sad panda. I don't know when I'll get back in normal cute clothes bc I didn't exactly bounce back with a vengeance last time so I'm trying to practice denial and avoidance. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • @That1didntcount last night was your first night? I've been doing that for weeks! Sorry I have no encouraging words, other than I would be miserable without my chiropractor.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• folamij said:
    When your  husband yells from upstairs in a concerned voice asking if you are ok, to which your ask him why? His response: Because of all the noise. Yup, just fine sweetie. Just dropped something under the table and trying to pick it up. 
    This happens to me all the time...except it's usually me just rolling over in bed. Yeah babe just being a beached whale up here! 
  • I'm using this thread to bitch. Last night was the first night I woke up because my hips ached. I would have to switch positions constantly. 
    Next, I second @Merciel and hating maternity clothes. Couple the hatred with my love of spring fashion and I'm full on sad panda. I don't know when I'll get back in normal cute clothes bc I didn't exactly bounce back with a vengeance last time so I'm trying to practice denial and avoidance. 
    Me too!!! I hate the cold month, and really look forward to flippy dresses and cute sandals! I have found a couple cute and comfy maxis though that are similar to things I would normally wear when the weather warms up. I just hope come July and August I can squeeze into some shorty shorts and cute tanks.

cat fail animated GIF

• I'm with you anti maternity wear ladies! I miss my jeans, my shoes, the whole half of my closet I'm currently not wearing!
  • kp90 said:
    When you look back at old pictures and want to slap yourself for ever thinking you were heavy and unappealing pre-pregnancy. Can I just get my old body back soon, please?

This! Times 1000! I'm overly ready to have my body back instead of feeling like a host to an alien.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @That1didntcount last night was your first night? I've been doing that for weeks! Sorry I have no encouraging words, other than I would be miserable without my chiropractor.
    I don't remember the hips aching at night until much later in my last pregnancy. But I am still avoiding some other annoying symptoms I felt around 30 weeks last time. You win some, you lose some.
  • kp90 said:
    When you look back at old pictures and want to slap yourself for ever thinking you were heavy and unappealing pre-pregnancy. Can I just get my old body back soon, please?
    I've been saying this since about 12 weeks...I never truly appreciated how good my body was pre pregnancy. Can't wait to get back to it...strong, fit and healthy! 
  • kp90 said:
    I've been saying this since about 12 weeks...I never truly appreciated how good my body was pre pregnancy. Can't wait to get back to it...strong, fit and healthy! 
    Ugh, I used to run marathons... now I get winded from rolling over in bed. I feel so useless and large. This sucks.
  • When you have so much acid from heartburn that it triggers your gag reflex...and you come full circle to first tri puking at work. Hopefully this chain reaction was a one-time-thing.
  • oh @kbrands7, that is the WORST. I am right there with you. I get the gag reflux on the BAD heartburn days. HATE it.
  • dsmith211 said:
    kp90 said:
    Ugh, I used to run marathons... now I get winded from rolling over in bed. I feel so useless and large. This sucks.
    This. I used to run and when I found out I was pregnant I pretty much stopped... It blows my mind that I could once run for hours straight, now I get winded walking from the car to the house. I used to be so critical of myself before. I really hope this helps me to appreciate my past self just a little bit more.
    I was thinking these same thoughts this afternoon!!  As I was catching my breath after climbing a flight of stairs, I thought about how I used to get frustrated with myself on days that I quit after 3 miles.  I'm going to look like a freakin Kenyan comparatively when I get back to it in the summer.
  • Rociofg said:
    When your engagement ring doesn't fit anymore :( and next, your shoes. bloated. 

Was SO sad to take off my wedding ring! I keep having mini panics that I have lost it somewhere and then I remember that I'm just too swollen :(
  • @kbrands7 @That1didntcount YUP. My gag reflux is out of control from the HB, then in turn I pee my pants from all the gagging and coughing. HOT MESS EXPRESS!
  • Those of you complaining about gagging due to reflux....are you taking any drugs to help?? Because if not, you totally should!! That sounds pretty horrible
  • Those of you complaining about gagging due to reflux....are you taking any drugs to help?? Because if not, you totally should!! That sounds pretty horrible
    Yes, you and Zantac are my new best friends.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• salbbsalbb member
    When you start to forget what week of pregnancy you are in!!! Week 32 for the record but I had to check :-)
    rings off, feet fat, waddle on!