Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-in Week of March 7th!*

PiperellaPiperella member
edited March 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Symptoms can be hit or miss during the 1st trimester.  What is the worst symptom you have right now?  Have you found ways to lessen it?  If so, share your symptom tips!

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@MrsB627 EDD 10/4/16
@Selena2016 EDD 10/6/16
@erinscaren EDD 10/16/16
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16
@mrszoess  EDD 10/19/16
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/2016
@bluegal1 EDD 10/21/16
@jaqcap17 EDD 10/27/16
@twomommiestobe EDD 10/28/16
@AandDM2014 EDD 11/4/16
@tvh1982 EDD 11/9/16
@ZoeFer EDD 11/15/16
@alqizwik EDD 11/18/16

Re: *1st Tri Check-in Week of March 7th!*

• I feel like I've been experiencing the longest hangover of my life. I really don't know how else to explain the nausea vomiting and fatigue. I've lost almost 10 lbs since becoming pregnant. I told my RE about my symptoms and she just smiled and said it will eventually go away. In that moment  (just that moment because the woman did get me pregnant) I hated her a little. 

Despite this feeling, I am happy that my little snowflake is doing well and is healthy. I told myself whenever I did get pregnant, I wouldn't complain, so this is me not complaining, just stating facts. :)

My seabands do help me get through the day, along with preggie  pops. 
  • @kennelchickI'm so sorry your MS is being a pain the butt.  I totally understand the "I have symptoms but I'm not going to complain because of what it took to get here".  I've heard that jolly ranchers do a similar trick that preggie pops do, and it has to do with the sugar.  It's in a lot of anti-nausea medicine. I have seabands as well but haven't had to use them, but you have no idea how glad I am to know exactly where they are if the time comes where I need them.  

AFM - I'm excited to be at the 10week mark. I have my last ultrasound with my RE on Wednesday before he dismisses me (he tried to dismiss me two weeks ago but I begged for one last appt).  I'm kind of sad because I miss the personalized attention I got.  I also go in for my NIPT Maternti21 test on Wednesday, so I should get those results within a few weeks.  I'm going to WDW on Thursday for a week for a work conference/vacation, so I can't wait to just be able to say I'm pregnant and not hide it while there.

QOTW:  The worst symptom I have right now is my insane sense of smell.  I get very close to getting sick from smells, so I suck on a jolly rancher to help keep the smells at bay.  I have found peppermint essential oil to also help mask the smells that may trigger me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Piperella, the smell thing is the worst! After my husband cleans the cat litter, I have to stay far away for at least ten minutes, because I can just smell, well, nasty things that my husband cannot. Scooping my cat's tuna also makes me gag--he's lucky he's so cute.

@kennelchick, you are among friends, and feeling like you have a hangover without the previous night's fun is the worst. I hope it eases up for you very soon. I stopped having nausea a week ago, and I'll be in my 2nd trimester on Thursday. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Congratulations on entering your 2nd trimester, @chrissym126!  I hope it treats you well!
  • Thank you ladies for the words of support. I really needed it. Yesterday was by far the worst day for nausea and vomiting. I could not keep anything down all day, not even water. Today is much better. 

@Piperella congrats on graduating from the RE, I know it's scary to leave the security of the RE!  Mine dismissed me last week and I did not feel ready! 

@chrissym126 thank you for your kind words. Congrats on making it to the second trimester! 
  • Hi ladies, I now feel a little more secure in joining this board. I was waiting for our OB appointment yesterday, and since everything looks ok, I will join now. I recognize some familiar names here! My edd is 10/16/16 with one little snowflake on board. Had our 8 week initial OB appointment yesterday and our little one now looks more human with visible little T-Rex arms and noticeable facial features like eyelids! The hr was 188! Crazy that we won't be going back for 4 weeks and won't be getting another US for like 10 weeks! I'll be glad when they can start dopplering the heart beat which they said they do in the 2nd trimester.

Qotw: nausea has been the worst symptom along with bloating. But the nausea has been a lot better since I've been on Diclegis.  I highly suggest anyone with bad MS ask their doctor for it, or you could just buy vitamin B6 and Unisom otc and make your own!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • I've loved having this board as support, and I can't wait to see you all on the 2nd tri boards! Thank you for all your support and advice these last 6 weeks!
  • Trigger Warning - loss mentioned

unfortunately, we found out last week that our baby had a very enlarged bladder at 12w4d and this week at 13w6d we did not have a heartbeat.  Thank you for all of the support that I've received from this community.

@piperella please remove me from the tagged list.

GL everyone and I hope you all have healthy and happy pregnancies and enjoy your little ones when they arrive.
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• I'm so so sorry @vnegron87....big hugs and prayers from Connecticut for you :( 
  • @vnegron87 I was wondering how you were doing. I am so so sorry to hear this dear. I hope you and DW are recovering well, I am sending big hugs to your way from the Bronx !
  • Hello everyone ! May I join this board ladies even though I did not have IVF treatment? I am familiar with some of the names here from IF board and I would like to be a part. 
    A little background : I have been diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. I am 32 now, we have been TTC for almost two years but we started to seek help last year. After so many failed cycles, we had our first BFP somehow. My beta is increasing well so far but I am super nervous about all the things that could go wrong.
    I calculated the EDD as 11/15 online:) My RE office has not told me much about the schedule after betas. I was anxious and talked to my OB, he wanted to see me on 25th at around 6w. So I am not sure if I need to keep that appointment or the RE will tell me something different. I am just waiting now.
    I hope to stay on this board and share/support as much as I can. 
  • Hi ladies! I already feel much more comfortable being on this board than the 1st tri board. Being there doesn't quite feel right to me, especially when people are regretting getting pregnant and complaining.

A little about our trek (it's much more than a journey after how long we've been at it!): started ttc in March 2014, first appointment with RE in August 2014 as I had not ovulated (though I bled) since we started ttc. Thanks PCOS! We did 6 rounds of IUI with clomid, all BFNs (except the first, which was ectopic). Moved to IVF last September, did one fresh and two frozen transfers. Second one took.

I went in today for my first OB ultrasound at my fertility clinic, and I measured at 5w5d. My doc saw a tiny flickering heart, though I'm not quite sure if I did. He was kinda standing in front of the monitor so it made it a bit harder for me to see. I go back in next Friday morning for another US and more blood work.

My edd is 11/4/16.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @laur2444 thank you very much for the love and support I truly appreciate it.

@zoefer thank you so much we are hanging in there,taking it one day at a time.  I am so very happy to see that you've been able to graduate to this board!  I've been rooting for you for a long time!
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• @vnegron87 I'm so very sorry.   I have removed your name from the list.   You are in my thoughts. 
  • @Piperella can you add me to this group?

I'm 8w4d with my first LO after 2 rounds of IVF. Been TTC since Jan. 2014. Had an ultrasound at my OBGYN appt on Weds and my LO is growing steadily with a strong heartbeat that we were able to see and hear.  <3 

My EDD is 10/18/2016
  • @Morningstar80 Yay!!

I didn't answer the QOTW during my last post because I wasn't quite sure what QOTW stood for  :#
    So now I am answering it: I think it may be in part because I've got a cold, but whenever I move around for the past few days I feel like I have a stitch in my tummy, like when you run too fast and your side hurts. It isn't super painful, but I hope it's letting me know that LO is still growing!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• edited March 2016
    Hello everyone. Do you mind if I join this board? I'm not an IVF patient, but we did do treatments with injections. 

The worst symptom for me has been heartburn. I've only ever had it while preggers. It makes it hard to eat, but I'm not complaining. I'll take any crappy symptom for a family any day. 

Loss mentioned:
    My name is Ayah, and we have been TTC an addition to our family for 3 years now. We have been taking treatments for a little over a year when we found out I have PCOS. After a couple miscarriages, I came back to the IF board last month. We just got our BFP earlier this week, and our EDD is 11/18. We are super nervous, and are scared to feel excited once again, but hoping that our u/s on the 28th can allow us to stop holding our breath. 

@vnegron87 I'm so sorry about the news, you're in my thoughts. (HUGS)

Congratulations to the rest of you. I wish us all a happy and healthy 9 months. 

Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• @vnegron87 I am so sorry!! I am sending all of our love to you. You and DW take time to heal and take care of each other. 

We have another u/s on Monday. After the bleeding scare last sat, I was on be dress for the week. I feel MUCH better physically and emotionally. I'm not near as scared as I was. I will still rest easier seeing that little baby again in a few days. 

Qotw: it used to be my sore boobs. I got a few cheap nursing bras at Burlington and wear them, even to sleep in. It really has helped! 

Right now, at a little over 7 weeks, my MS is kicking my butt. I eat all the preggie pops, candies, crackers, soups, etc. I think eating time meals more often has really helped. I also have blown my healthy lifestyle. If I'm craving it and my stomach can tolerate it- I eat it with no regrets!! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in.

For some that don't know me:
    33yrs old Dutch girl living in Norway, single and preggers (boy I really am aren't I!) of a Danish donor after 2nd FET.

I don't 'feel' pregnant, like no morning sickness or smelling things. 
    I even woke up Friday with the most horrible feeling that I wasn't pregnant anymore. 
    As I have had tiny cramps since my FET and they'd stop I really thought that was it. But they are back again, so hope all is well. 
    It might sound weird, but I kinda wished right now I had ms, just to know that I am really pregnant.
    (should I end up getting ms and complain about it, you may throw that sentence in my face!)

My edd is (my estimation) 9th Nov. Which is quite special as (s)he's 'conceived' in November too :smile: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Welcome @tvh1982, I'm excited to see a familiar name from the IF board. If it helps at all I had intermittent cramping for the first few weeks, and as soon as I hit 6 weeks I went from having zero symptoms to constant ms. 
  • @tvh1982 I too don't have many "symptoms", even though I'm on 1.5 ccs of PIO. Really the only thing I'm feeling is like I have a stitch in my tummy. Not sure if that is what you guys call it, its like when you run too quickly and get a pain in your side, only in my tummy. I should be 6 weeks today, based on last US, which means MS should be coming any time.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• That does help @kennelchick :smile:, it makes me worry a little less!

I think I know the feeling @aanddm2014

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers