July 2015 Moms
Options

Teething...

What is the best thing to use for little ones pain during teething? My boy is waking up a lot and it seems to be from pain? I want to give him the safest thing. 

Re: Teething...

• Options
    Tylenol is probably the most common. Our OT said that they have this ointment that you rub on there gums that seem to work. There are also teething tablets. There are a lot of other natural remedies too. Cold washcloth rub against there gums. Teething rings and certain textures 
  • Options
    I've been told Tylenol and teething tablets. People have also talked about those amber necklaces? So many people have mentioned them to me but I'm personally too scared to put on her my LO bc of fear of it choking her...but you can google it. Also, my friend is a pediatric RN and she says one of the most common reasons for babies coming to ER is parents putting too much teething gel on baby's gums! So be sure to follow the instructions and don't keep lathering it on...it can poison then if too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Tylenol not a full dose I'm not a fan of giving it but he's in pain and it helps him sleep at least in the beginning.  We just had 2 teeth pop through and now seem to be working in a third. We also bought a bunch of teething tablets also those food bag things you put a frozen piece of banana in it and he can eat and get some cool relief.
  • Options
    irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited March 2016
    *Lurking from Aug15 'cause it's super dead*

Motrin is much better for teething than Tylenol since it targets inflammation. Lo's pedi OK'ed using Motrin at our 6 month visit and said to use the same dosage as Tylenol. Ask your pedi :) 

ETA: I've also given her a frozen strawberry in one of those mesh things, and a frozen washcloth. Both make messes but she appreciates them.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    micshi said:

Motrin is much better for teething than Tylenol since it targets inflammation. Lo's pedi OK'ed using Motrin at our 6 month visit and said to use the same dosage as Tylenol. Ask your pedi :) 

ETA: I've also given her a frozen strawberry in one of those mesh things, and a frozen washcloth. Both make messes but she appreciates them.
    Hi! You are welcome to join us here! :smile: and I'm going to buy him a mesh for the fruits because that seems to soothe my baby's gums!  
  • Options
    micshi said:

I stay with July15' since my EDD was 7/27 but LO was born on 8/5 the Aug group definitely is pretty dead but seems nice.
  • Options
    Most everyone from Aug 15 migrated to a Facebook group. I joined the group and enjoyed it for awhile but then a catfisher emerged. I didn't want my real profile connected to that so I left. Seems not many others were bothered by that stayed on the Facebook group. 
    So thank you @n3na94 for the invite :) 
    @KAR8706 my LO was due 8/08 but surprisingly arrived 8/03. Her original due date was 7/27.  Our LOs are so close! 

• Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    micshi said:
    Most everyone from Aug 15 migrated to a Facebook group. I joined the group and enjoyed it for awhile but then a catfisher emerged. I didn't want my real profile connected to that so I left. Seems not many others were bothered by that stayed on the Facebook group. 
    @KAR8706 my LO was due 8/08 but surprisingly arrived 8/03. Her original due date was 7/27.  Our LOs are so close! 
    They are close! And we have a Facebook group also if you want to join let me know but I love the app, it feels more like a forum lol welcome aboard mama! :smile: 
  • Options
    n3na94 said:
    micshi said:
    They are close! And we have a Facebook group also if you want to join let me know but I love the app, it feels more like a forum lol welcome aboard mama! :smile: 
    Thank you! I'll let you know if I decide to join. Wondering if I should just create a separate Facebook profile instead of using my real one... I'll think about it :)

• Options
    micshi said:
    n3na94 said:
    micshi said:
    Thank you! I'll let you know if I decide to join. Wondering if I should just create a separate Facebook profile instead of using my real one... I'll think about it :)
    I did that! I created one, I don't have an official Facebook, so I just did one for that. No info or pictures, and since it's a secret group, no one can see it. And no problem! 
  • Options
    micshi said:
    How funny! LO has always done his own thing from the beginning, I went into labor the night I was supposed to be induced. 

I dont have a facebook but I do instagram. 
  • Options
    Anyones baby grinding their teeth? My LO has had her 2 bottom teeth since 3 months and now her top teeth finally popped through and now she won't stop grinding them together. It is driving me insaneeee..it is like nails on a chalkboard AHHH!