Infertility
Options

weight gain after tube removal/laparascopy

so i already gained almost 20 lbs ttc for the last year.. plus a miscarriage last year.. but now since the lap/tube removal last month I swear i gained another ten. My stomach is HUGE.. i can't fit in my jeans or anything. I tried to squeeze into them and I'm so sore now.. is this normal? does the stomach just distend for awhile? I am hopefully starting ivf cycle in april ad will probably gain even more.. Its so hard to go through all this and now deal with weight gain on top of it all.   I don't wanna give up on this but i don't know how much more i can keep going.

Re: weight gain after tube removal/laparascopy

• Options
    Hi @runner76.
    I haven't gone through tube removal, but when I started my hormones last summer I have been gaining weight and gaining weight. 
    I never gained weight before, I was wearing clothes I wore 10 years ago, so it came as a big shock, and I am still getting used to the new me. 
    For me it stabilised after my second FET, I think my body got used to the extra hormone intake and I started to eat less food to cheer me up. 

It's difficult to go through this, all the hormones, operations, ups and downs, it is a total roller-coaster and your body really takes its toll. But I do believe once you start to feel a little more like yourself your body will be calming down too.
    Try not to be to hard on yourself, or your body. Give both a little credit. It is not ideal, so take gentle care of both body and mind. We can handle much more than we think, and I am pretty sure you got this! So keep going. xoxo

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @runner76- I had my right tube removed last month due to a hydrosalpinx & I'll be 3 weeks post op on Monday {3/14}. I actually started working out today & have been walking with my dog since 7 days post op. I would bring up your concerns to your doctor if it has been 4+ weeks since your surgery. My tummy was swollen & distended for about a week and then I only noticed swelling near the incisions. Now I have no swelling. Of course, every person heals differently, but I would still bring this up to your doctor. Feel better!
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks I honestly think its just weight gain.. I was already gaining just from trying and taking it easy at the gym. I want to get back to the gym too seeing it has been five weeks post surgery. what are you doing at the gym> I was  hoping to start elliptical again. I would love to lose ten pounds but so worried it may interfere with getting pregnant so I feel like I am just in limbo at the moment. I know the weight can be lost once this is over so I am just trying to remind myself why I am doing this. It is really hard though. I had anorexia for many years. I am very much recovered but this is a giant trigger for me.... I just hope I can lose this one day.,.
  • Options
    @runner76 I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. I haven't been through the surgeries, but I will tell you that it has taken me weeks of getting back to the gym to lose just two pounds that I put on with the stims and not being able to work out. I'm also still very hormonal despite having had AF since stimming, and hormones mess with your weight (as we all well know.) Take it slow getting back so you don't hurt yourself, but if you start doing walks/elliptical, you'll feel better emotionally, which leads to better physical health, and visa versa. Praying for you!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker