June 2015 Moms

Easter plans?

My mom was always big into making me a special Easter basket before church and making sure I always had a nice new spring dress. I made my DD a dress and am stuck on the basket.

Our church is helping with an egg hunt and having a big event that day at the church. Anybody have cool plans or ideas for baskets?

Re: Easter plans?

• Saw a thing on Facebook using an umbrella as a basket  that I thought was cute
  • Handmade dress - that is so cool and special!

DH is working and we don't have any family in town... boo :(  I guess me and LO will just do whatever is going on at church. I love Easter and can't wait to do egg decorations and hunts, but this year basket will probably just be something simple for pics. Maybe some puffs as a treat;) With 1st b-day coming up, he'll get plenty of toys. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • This? I'm thinking about doing it too, I have 3 kids :smile: 
  • I was just thinking about Easter too. DH will be out of town and it will be just me and LO. They have an egg hunt listed in the paper for Saturday but it seems like more for older kids. The idea of giving him an Easter basket is super cute but I don't know what to put in it. He's too young for chocolate bunnies which were my favorite Easter basket staple. He would like books and toys but I can't spend too much on it. Ideas for inexpensive and fun toys for a baby who will be about 9 months?
  • LO is getting some wood eggs and egg cups. It's a montissori activity for this age and you can find them cheap this time of year. 
  • I have a stuffed bunny rabbit, a couple books, a wooden bunny Teether I found on etsy, and a couple toys. He's got a little smocked outfit for Easter! 
  • I haven't been enjoying church much lately, we may do a brunch.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Church is very hard with babies our babies ages.......... I usually can't get anything out of it unless I hand LO to dh during the homily/sermon. 
  • klkonwi said:
    Church is very hard with babies our babies ages.......... I usually can't get anything out of it unless I hand LO to dh during the homily/sermon. 
    I spend the whole time in the lobby chasing him around. I'm not ready for the nursery. 
  • We just started using the nursery a few weeks ago. LO can't sit still for more than 5 min. So there was really no other option. She seems to be doing great back there though.

I also volunteer with the children's ministry so I think that helps my comfort level with them.
  • Some of our best friends work in the nursery on a rotating schedule so I don't mind nursery too much unless I've barely got to see her for some reason or there are a lot of toddlers. These people are our babysitters if family can't watch little one and its an emergency anyway so we're usually pretty good with that. The toddler age ones just don't know how to deal with a smaller baby usually.

• We are going camping that weekend but will be coming home in time for church which starts at one. I think I am gonna get LO a chair to go with the books I got. And possibly swimsuit our camping has a spring pool so he will be needing one. 
  • So excited for baby's first easter. We are planning a BBQ and Easter Egg Hunt at our home. I'm just googling and going on pinterest for all ideas.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Well i'm creating DD basket myself. putting in finger food baby snacks inside the eggs for her to crawl and get. i'm figuring on a book and a toy too. she already has her dress. probably going to do a special dinner like my mom always did with us when we were small. thought about having her picture taken with the Easter Bunny, but all the ones I've seen so far are a bit creepy looking, I don't want to scare her.....not sure what to do there...maybe a picture with an actual rabbit.
    OUR FAMILY is a circle of LOVE!
    TOGETHER we are UNBREAKABLE!
    FAMILY is FOREVER!
    Anniversary
    There's a RAINBOW of HOPE after EVERY STORM!
    And a POT-OF-GOLD at the END of EVERY RAINBOW!
  • Well i'm creating DD basket myself. putting in finger food baby snacks inside the eggs for her to crawl and get. i'm figuring on a book and a toy too. she already has her dress. probably going to do a special dinner like my mom always did with us when we were small. thought about having her picture taken with the Easter Bunny, but all the ones I've seen so far are a bit creepy looking, I don't want to scare her.....not sure what to do there...maybe a picture with an actual rabbit.
    A friend of ours is dressing up as the Easter bunny and is really good with kids. She did ok with Santa so I'm hoping it goes well.
  • well I hope it goes well for you with your friend the Easter bunny {fridaysdance}.
    OUR FAMILY is a circle of LOVE!
    TOGETHER we are UNBREAKABLE!
    FAMILY is FOREVER!
    Anniversary
    There's a RAINBOW of HOPE after EVERY STORM!
    And a POT-OF-GOLD at the END of EVERY RAINBOW!