Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In 3/11

It's that time again! Does anyone feel like this week just flew by?

How far along are you? 

Where are you from?

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Pregnancy definitely has some side effects, sciatica, cankels, weight gain, obsession with junk- just to mention a few from this week. But.... What do you LOVE about being pregnant right now?

Re: Weekly Check In 3/11

• Loading the player...
  • @CarrieandRoy -- feeling the baby move is totally weird. Maybe as you get more used to it, it will remind you less of those things like dread and stage fright. ;) 
  • @Wyattnash00 I don't get a competitive vibe at Orange Theory. For me, everyone else's energy gives me energy. Not to mention the encouragement of the trainer.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Uh oh @mthoomom!! If you're in denial still at 37 weeks about having a baby, I think I'm in trouble!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mthoomom - Excited that you're so close to meeting baby! And so close to me! Somehow I missed that you were in the Portland area too!  I'm going to blame pregnancy brain since a) You did mention wanting Burgerville too b)  I now notice your username and picture (mt hood?) and c) it's quite possible we went over this before...
    Of course, I am not actually "from here". Moved here from Chicago and grew up in neighboring Oak Park. 
  • How far along are you? 16w

Where are you from? Originally from Chicago, but live in Vermont

How are you feeling? I mostly feel great and not particularly pregnant. A little hip and sciatic pain from time to time but nothing too bad or consistent. Overall, I'm sleeping well, but recently I've been waking up to pee around 3am and then processing my stress and anxiety about finances, relationship issues (w/a friend not my partner), DS's transition to preschool, etc. I'd prefer not to be doing that in the middle of the night, but I actually feel pretty relaxed during the day and seem to get enough sleep anyway, so I guess it's ok.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)
    Finally going to have another midwife appt on Wed. to hear the hb on the doppler. It's been almost 4 weeks and the closer I get to the appt, but more anxiety I have. I'm still not really feeling baby which is increasingly stressing me out since this is my 2nd pregnancy and I felt DS at about 17 or 18 weeks. I'm sure it's fine, I'll just feel much more relaxed once I hear LO's hb again.

Rants/Raves/Questions: DP and I are going on a babymoon for 4 glorious nights next week! I'm so excited to sleep in, eat fancy meals, go out the movies and just have a few kid-free days! I might even indulge in a beverage (or two....don't judge me...)

GTKY: Pregnancy definitely has some side effects, sciatica, cankels, weight gain, obsession with junk- just to mention a few from this week. But.... What do you LOVE about being pregnant right now?

Funnily enough, I have cankles even when I'm not pregnant (inherited from my grandmother who recently passed away and I loved dearly, so I wear them like a badge of honor)! After a long road TTC with a loss along the way, I am just so happy to be pregnant and that everything is going well. I also enjoy observing the way my body is changing and knowing that I am creating life. It took me a long time to come around to the idea of raising children, but even when I didn't think I wanted them I was fascinated by pregnancy and the fact that our bodies can do that!
  • @mamafesto - Enjoy your babymoon! And I hope the next few days fly by so you can feel at ease after your appt. I know this week's GTKY is about what we love about pregnancy, but yeah, the worrying has to be my least favorite thing so far. 
  • The worrying is hard. It's my least favorite part too. I'll be so glad to get to the feeling consistent movement stage. I don't like wishing time away and that's what I feel like I'm always doing so i can get to the next appointment and hear that heartbeat again!
  • @BernieRae Yep, I live just outside the urban growth boundary on the Eastside of town :) 
  • jilligan14jilligan14 member
    edited March 2016
    Sorry for the late post. I also didn't manage to post at all during last week's check-in. I had a close friend visiting and we were super busy and now MIL is here for 10 days. I'm also having major issues the bump app on my iPad. I had to delete it and re-instill it but it's still acting up (taking me to non-bump pages, not letting me post, etc.). I often do a lot of reading and posting late at night from bed with my iPad so this is one reason I've fallen behind in keeping up with you all. Anyway, I'm still here and reading when I can. So far it looks like things are okay on my laptop (it wasn't letting me post either for awhile). Is anyone else having app or website issues???

I'm 18 weeks, 4 days

I'm from North Carolina

Feeling pretty good. Still getting some weird stomach aches from time to time. Appetite comes and goes. Have had a few emotional break-downs (mostly in the afternoon - a nap always seems to help the situation). Having a sudden aversion to DH - can't stand him right now and not really sure why. MIL is here and he does act differently when she's here so maybe that's it??? Or maybe it's just me and my hormones...

I have my anatomy scan this morning! I was going to wait until after appointment to post but had a free minute right now so had to grab it. I'm nervous but this seems normal for me for every single appointment. MIL is thrilled she gets to come along.

Rant: MIL and I dragged DH to Buy Buy Baby last night to start looking/browsing baby stuff. He was distracted and not super helpful. He kept playing with all the things instead of actually engaging in a conversation about what we would need most. He did try, though. I'm just wondering if everyone leaves their husbands behind when creating a registry? Do you take a girlfriend instead? It just feels weird to me to not include DH but he seems pretty miserable in most stores, especially a store full of baby stuff. MIL was pretty helpful. This was just the first excursion so we haven't started an official registry yet. I was pretty overwhelmed but at least got a better feel for the different stroller, pack-n-plays, highchairs, etc.

So far I'm loving the maternity clothes! I have a super long torso and have always struggled to find tank tops that fit properly (everything usually rides up). I got a bunch of the Motherhood Maternity tanks and they are so great - super long, stretchy and oh-so-comfy!! I also love people touching my belly. It's so sweet, so special, and it makes it feel so real. DH is pretty good about accommodating my food needs/desires but he was basically like that before I was pregnant! I can't wait until the kicking starts - I think that will be my favorite part by far!!!

*Edited because the bump won't format my paragraphs so I had to use some html myself to avoid one big mess
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @jilligan14 -- glad things are going well! I was SO nervous about my anatomy scan with my son, but once we got going, it was so fun to see him in such detail. My anatomy scan for this one is 6 weeks away and I'm already having twinges of anxiety. Hang in there and I hope you can enjoy it once it gets started!

and, I absolutely left DH home while doing a registry! I had visions of how romantic it would be to wander the aisles together, daydreaming about our ne me baby. Nope. Not how it was going to go. He just wasn't into all of that stuff. So, I went on my own and had a good time looking and daydreaming myself. I wish I had brought a girlfriend in retrospect. Do what works for you, for sure, and enjoy it! ;)

let us know how the scan goes!
  • @jilligan14 good luck on your scan! It's so exciting it's today! I'm sorry you are annoyed with your DH I get that way too, sometimes I can't stand to look at him or be around him even though he tries so hard. I think that's just life! Ha!
  • @jilligan14 GL w/ your scan! My DH has not be very involved with the creating if the registry or the purchasing of baby stuff. It's been all me! Honestly, tho, it is not something that he is interested in at all and I actually have been enjoying the process of researching the stuff and purchasing the things. Generally he trusts my judgement and, because I have some generous friends,  we are able to try a variety of some baby items to see which ones work for him and which ones work for me, work for both, will work for baby. My sister's BF on the other hand doesn't understand why a husband wouldn't want to go shopping and research all the baby goodies so I guess it depends on the guy.
  • @jilligan14 My mom will be helping with the registry. DH would never get involved in that.

The other day I got an email from Parents magazine with "helpful" articles like "Infidelity During Pregnancy Is Not As Uncommon As You Might Think" and I mentioned to DH what an awful thing that is to send to pregnant women. A guy in the article said he did it because all the attention was on his wife and he wanted to get some attention. DH said if those guys were more like him, they wouldn't have that problem. Instead of helping with the registry, fetching my food cravings, going to dr appts, planning the nursery, rubbing my feet and treating me like a princess, he pretty much ignores the pregnancy. That's sad, but I suppose it's better than him doing it all and resenting it. --I'm sure there are guys out there that are naturally doting and want to be involved every step of the way. DH just isn't one of them.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @bgf1 congrats on your good appointment and your baby boy!

@CarrieandRoy um, yay that we have partners who aren't engaging in infidelity while we're pregnant? WTF kind of article is that? My DH hasn't been too involved either. I think he'd want to be, but he just doesn't know what to do. He finds it a bit overwhelming, so it's easier for me to take charge. The whole thing is so much more real for me because I'm living it.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Glad the scan went well, @jilligan14

For what it's worth, my placenta was low at my anatomy scan with my son and when they checked again at 32(?) weeks or so, it had moved up and was well out of the way. ;) hope yours does the same!
  • Glad the scan went well, @jilligan14

For what it's worth, my placenta was low at my anatomy scan with my son and when they checked again at 32(?) weeks or so, it had moved up and was well out of the way. ;) hope yours does the same!
    Mine did the same with my daughter!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @emsmama15 a week without FB, Instagram, or TB?!? I would not survive! Congrats on your awesome Harmony result!

@jilligan14 I was also in the low-lying placenta club, but it's moved up already.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Welcome to the old ladies club @texafornian!! This group rocks!! My two will be 23 months apart, eeek! I figure it will be a year of pure insanity but then I hope they'll be best friends. Plus you just did all the baby stuff so it's fresh in your mind :wink: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome and congratulations @Texafornian! And you point out one of (many) reasons why I have no interest in sex while pregnant - the BH contractions after O are awful!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Welcome and congratulations, @Texafornian ! I'm 41 expecting #2. #1 is 23 months, so these two won't be quite as close as yours but I agree that it'll be worth the insanity!
  • @BernieRae that's wonderful congratulations!