Babies: 0 - 3 Months

nursing pads

What nursing pads do people like?  I've used the Johnson but they are too thick.  I'm currently using the Lansinoh but I can't decide if I like them or not.  Looking to try another brand after these are gone. I prefer the contoured shaped ones.  Thank you!

Re: nursing pads

• I use medela but I'm not sure if they're the contoured ones you're talking about. You can see them through the bra but not through clothes. They don't stick great to certain materials but they're really absorbent 
  • I liked the Avent ones a lot. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Loading the player...
  • I like the Medela ones for disposables. I also have the reusable Bamboobies which are great for overnight and very soft.
  • I also have bamboobies which I like.
    I had reusable medela ones that are ok but the edges are thick so you can see them through some tops.
    If I use disposable I perfer medela.
  • I was having going through a ridiculous amount of pads until my lc suggested I get milk savers. When I nurse on the first side, I stick the milk saver in my bra over the other boob and I've been capturing about an ounce of breastmilk that goes into a bottle rather than a nursing pad. 

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • I have several types of washable pads. I even sewed some myself. My favorites are the ones I bought off amazon. They are waterproof and have bamboo for absorption. Bamboo is are great, but pricey and I go through several sets per day. I have samples of the disposables - 4 different kinds and I'm just not a big fan. I keep them in my bag for when I'm out and need a new set. 
  • Lansinoh have always worked the best for me.  I wish the reusable ones worked better for me but I'm too much of a leaker.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Medela disposable are SUPER absorbent, stay in place well.  Need to have some padding in your bra though,  or else you look lumpy
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Bamboobies
  • kde4kde4 member
    Lansinoh disposable ones worked for me. 

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• I was having going through a ridiculous amount of pads until my lc suggested I get milk savers. When I nurse on the first side, I stick the milk saver in my bra over the other boob and I've been capturing about an ounce of breastmilk that goes into a bottle rather than a nursing pad. 
    Oh I've never heard of these, thanks, I'll look into those.  Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  I'll check out the Medela next I think.  
  • I like up and up and Medela. I just saw there's a free sample for bamboobies using the code thebump16. So I'll be trying those out when they come.
  • I like the reusable bamboo ones. You can get a bunch on Amazon for pretty cheap. They aren't as bulky or itchy. The only problem is they don't stay in place if you are being really active so I wear them at night and around the house. If I am going out and about I use Lansinoh or wear my Bravado Silk bra that has soft pads built in. 
  • I like up and up and Medela. I just saw there's a free sample for bamboobies using the code thebump16. So I'll be trying those out when they come.
    how do I order the sample?
  • @lclelan  
    Go to the Bamboobies website (www.buybamboobies.com), add "Bundle 1: Hospital Bag Must-Haves"to your cart ($7.49). Sign in/sign up. When it prompts you to enter a discount, enter "TheBump16", and it will only charge your credit card for shipping. I recieved my offer in an email, but this will also work (I ordered two pairs using two different email addresses). My bundles didn't come with the free nipple cream though. 
  • @lclelan  
    Go to the Bamboobies website (www.buybamboobies.com), add "Bundle 1: Hospital Bag Must-Haves"to your cart ($7.49). Sign in/sign up. When it prompts you to enter a discount, enter "TheBump16", and it will only charge your credit card for shipping. I recieved my offer in an email, but this will also work (I ordered two pairs using two different email addresses). My bundles didn't come with the free nipple cream though. 
    THANK YOU!
  • I don't recommend Nuk ones.
  • I just ordered some reuseable ones off Etsy (too busy/lazy to make my own). I'm hoping they'll be less irritating than the disposable kinds.
    In the meantime, I'm using up a partial box of the Lansinoh disposables. They hold a lot and don't move, which is nice, but are a little scratchy on damaged nipples. Plus I can get 10 pair of reuseable for less than two big boxes of disposables, so as long as I nurse for 3 months it'll be cheaper to do reuseable. 
    Anniversary 
  • Wow, thank you for everyone's help.  I bought some medela ones which I'm finding bulkier and itchier than the Lansing brand.  Maybe bamboobies next  =) 
  • mrstraxmrstrax member
    Update - I LOVE the reuseable ones. So much nicer on the nips than the disposibles. And they're flannel, so they only get softer with each wash!  Highly recommended. I think the Etsy shop I used was GreeniesBoutique or something like that. 
    Anniversary 
  • I use Lansinoh for disposable and have 14 pairs of washable pads that I ordered off of https://www.breastpads.com/ , you get 2 pairs for $7 and they come in tons of cute patterns and are SUPER soft! I usually only have to change them out twice a day.