Love: 8.10.99
Marriage: 12.18.04
DD1: 5.19.10
DD2: 4.11.12
#3 EDD 4.23.16

Re: 3/7 GD/Diabetes Check In

• Options
    Gestational Week: 34 weeks

Successes: Numbers continue to be good... even after a little cheat here and there ;) Fingers crossed for reduced testing when I see my OB on Thursday!!!

Challenges: I've been really tired lately so I haven't been walking as much, and I can definitely see a difference in my fasting numbers... still normal, just higher than usual, so I really need to get back to it!

Recipe/Tips: Pepperoni chips are delicious, and fantastic with dip! Just get the package of sliced pepperoni, lay them on a paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds... they turn into little chips/crackers!

Questions: 
  • Options
    Gestational Week: 36.5

Successes:
    Numbers still great. Two high after getting tdap shot but I think that was my body fighting the shot and they were still under the 120 so...
    Challenges: 
    He still hasn't turned and I'm getting very discouraged by this... I feel like my whole day is now consumed by eating for baby and doing ridiculous things to try and get him to flip.

no tips or questions at this point... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @korpatch have you tried swimming? My BFF said it helped her little guy flip, and as an added bonus, it was good for swelling.
  • Options
    Thankfully I haven't actually had any swelling... I would try it, but I don't have a really good access to a pool and I have a bit of a chlorine allergy. It's hard to find pools that don't use it... 
    But I thank you for the suggestion!!! Right now I'm trying the whole inversion thing ( you know laying on an ironing board ... Really uncomfortable!) and am trying to get in to see a Webster technique chiropractor. I really would like to avoid an ECV and CS... But I'm trying to be ok with the possibility of it.
  • Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    Gestational Week: 34

Successes: Numbers are still good when I remember to test.

Challenges: Still having trouble remembering to test enough. I actually forgot all weekend because DH moved my kit and out of sight apparently = out of mind for me.

Recipe/Tips: Enjoying some pot roast this week - love anything I can throw in my slow cooker so that it's ready to eat when I get home!

• Options
    korpatch said:
    Thankfully I haven't actually had any swelling... I would try it, but I don't have a really good access to a pool and I have a bit of a chlorine allergy. It's hard to find pools that don't use it... 
    But I thank you for the suggestion!!! Right now I'm trying the whole inversion thing ( you know laying on an ironing board ... Really uncomfortable!) and am trying to get in to see a Webster technique chiropractor. I really would like to avoid an ECV and CS... But I'm trying to be ok with the possibility of it.
    Hooray for no swelling - it kicked up for a few days for me last week and it was wildly uncomfortable. Too bad about the pool access... my BFF said it did wonders when she needed her little guy to flip. I've heard ECVs are crazy painful! But whatever it takes, right?!
  • Options
    Anything to avoid a "major surgery". I'm only 26 and haven't had any surgery other than wisdom teeth extraction. I want to put it off a bit longer if possible .
  • Options
    @allaire314 thumbs up on the pepperoni chips! I've been craving something crispy and savory that I could mindlessly shovel in my mouth, and they hit the spot!
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    Gestational Week: 33w6d
    Challenges: My numbers continue to get worse and I keep increasing my dosage. My endo told me the next four weeks are going to be tough and the insulin resistance will get worse, so I'm prepared the best I can be. We have scheduled a c-section for April 8th at exactly 38 weeks. Little man is growing and in some areas he's in the 92nd percentile. The doctors have mentioned some possible complications from the GD and I think my hubby and I are as prepared as we can be, that our son might have issues with his blood sugar when he's born.

I'm really ready to end the pokes but still continue to find many reasons to be thankful  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Pregnancy20ticker
    Beautiful Daughter 11/08/2002
    Miscarriage 04/21/2015
    Rainbow Sugar Baby due 04/22/2016, C Section Scheduled for 04/08/2016
  • Options
    Gestational Week: 33w5d today

Successes: physically I'm feeling pretty good this pregnancy. Last time I was in a lot of pelvic pain, and I wonder now if it had something to do with the baby's large size. Overall numbers have been pretty good, although I'm still getting some oddball readings here and there. 

Challenges: I'm wondering if lack of sleep/interrupted sleep is contributing to my wonky fasting numbers lately. Between 2-3 bathroom trips, leg cramps, and my older girls deciding to stop sleeping through the night, I haven't slept more than 1-2 hours at a time lately, and had several nights of no sleep at all after about 3am. The worst night, when I was up for 3 hrs in the middle of the night with my 3yr old, I had the highest fasting number of my whole pregnancy :(

Recipe/Tips: I can vouch for how tasty the pepperoni chips are! 

Questions:
    #3 EDD 4.23.16