July 2015 Moms

Baby Food Brands

Hello - What brand of baby food do you love and why? Gerber?  Beech-Nut?
I'm just looking for opinions :)

Re: Baby Food Brands

• beech-nut here and because it has more simple ingredients. 
  • I've always bought Heinz baby foods 
  • Loading the player...
  • I cook his meal, but I did buy some happy baby and earth best for when we are out about, too me as long as it's organic and gmo free I am fine with it
  • We have tried both and my daughter likes both :) I like beech-nut though because it seems like it is more allergy friendly.
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    I've always bought Heinz baby foods 
    I didn't know Heinz had baby foods. Good to know!
  • We buy organic so whatever is on sale or cheapest, usually.  I like the plum organics pouches.
  • abbymessinaabbymessina member
    edited March 2016
    n3na94 said:
    We are in canada and this is the major brand of baby food here.  They make a large variety from starter foods up to toddler cookies etc   This brand is what I've fed all 3 of my children, not sure if it's just canadian or not :/ 
  • n3na94 said:
    We are in canada and this is the major brand of baby food here.  They make a large variety from starter foods up to toddler cookies etc   This brand is what I've fed all 3 of my children, not sure if it's just canadian or not :/ 
    I will definetly look into it, I've only seen dressings and ketchups here in the US, but I will check! Thank you so much for letting us know! :smile: 
  • n3na94 said:
    n3na94 said:
    I will definetly look into it, I've only seen dressings and ketchups here in the US, but I will check! Thank you so much for letting us know! :smile: 
    Your welcome :) 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    emfolstad said:
    We buy organic so whatever is on sale or cheapest, usually.  I like the plum organics pouches.
    I hear Babies R Us has really good sales on the plum organic pouches! 
  • I make the easy foods - sweet potato, pear, banana stuff like that, but when it starts combining flabors I always buy Earths Best or Plum Organics.

Ive tried Beechnut but I found chunks of food, like larger than I was comfortable giving her (fear of choking). It was weird, sometimes I'd find chunks and then other times not so I just stopped buying the brand. 
  • Beech nut organic or earths best.  I'll buy whatever is on sale if it's organic/GMO free.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• I make the easy foods - sweet potato, pear, banana stuff like that, but when it starts combining flabors I always buy Earths Best or Plum Organics.

Ive tried Beechnut but I found chunks of food, like larger than I was comfortable giving her (fear of choking). It was weird, sometimes I'd find chunks and then other times not so I just stopped buying the brand. 
    I found the same thing, then looked at the little green section at the top of the bottle and it says for 6+ months or 8+ and so on and some of the 8+ have little bits in them. 
  • I use beech nut 
  • We've tried Gerber when he started at 5 months. It went well then he became disinterested a month later. So we tried but still made sure he was getting more breast milk and formula. Now we have switched to beechnut and plum organics. My son like ves those more than Gerber. 
  • edited March 2016
    We like Earth's Best Organic. I make most of her food myself but when we travel that's the brand I pick up.

ETA why: We've actually tried Gerber and LO didn't seem to like it, even her favorite flavors like sweet potatoes. Then we tried the Earth's Best and and she gobbled it up, even cold peas!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Earth's Best Organics over here... Did research and this was in the top 3 brands. Luckily, LO and mommy love it! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I grew up next to the Beech Nut factory and know the farmers who contribute produce to make those foods, so we definitely buy Beech Nut when we give her purees. 
  • We just do gerber. That's pretty much all my town carries. Walmart has a very small selection of beech nut. Even our grocery stores hardly carry any baby food. I made a lot of mine though. I just am not comfortable doing the meats myself.