April 2016 Moms

Bedrest Check-in 3/10

Yay we have made almost 2 weeks since our last check-in!

Bedrest completed/time left:

How are you feeling? How have you been keeping busy?

Questions/Rants/Anything Random:

Re: Bedrest Check-in 3/10

• Bedrest completed/time left: 14/17 days (HOPEFULLY - Monday I find out if I get to go back to work!!)

How are you feeling? How have you been keeping busy? Morale is not great. However, The West Wing is on Netflix now and I've never seen it, so that's been keeping me busy! And I've asked my housemates (many of whom are teachers) to leave me busywork, so I've been doing some grading and making flashcards for various children. 

Questions/Rants/Anything Random: So tired of not being able to contribute to the house. So tired of people telling me how much I should appreciate being forced to rest. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bedrest completed/time left: 6 wks down/max 5 to go (gotta feeling it will be less)

How are you feeling? Hips and back are KILLING me! I see the doc today. Hopefully LO is staying put for a few more weeks. Two days shy of 34 wks which was our immediate goal. Next goal is 36 wks.

How have you been keeping busy? Had a few visitors over the weekend which was fun since showers were canceled. Binge watching Parks and Rec. Lots of naps. Online shopping.

How are you ladies managing house work and cooking? DH has been doing a great job helping out but still a lot for him to do with working so many hours. My mil is getting us a cleaning service soon to really deep clean this place.
    My rant: It's disappointing that only my DH friends and family have shown interest in visiting or even just checking in since the showers were canceled. If they do call, they call my mom and she tells them to call me...never do. Nonetheless I bet they will be expecting and immediate call and visit once baby arrives..ha! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @klingonpixieSo nice of you to offer to help them out with their school stuff! I hope you get cleared to go back to work soon!!
  • MsIanMsIan member
    Peeking my head (computer) in from the May 2016 BMC. I was tentatively put on bed rest on Thursday, but was officially placed on strict bed rest on Tuesday (March 8). I'm 31 weeks exactly. My goal is to make it to 35 weeks because the hospital where I want to deliver only accepts people 35 weeks and beyond.The hospital with the NICU is not as comfy or pleasant. I tried to start a similar thread on the May 2016 BMC, but no success so far.

So if you guys don't mind:
    How are you feeling: Super down in the dumps. Going from 100 mph to 0 mph in one day is really difficult. Trying to figure out how to cope and how not to go nuts. 

How have you been keeping busy: DH bought me a video game, I've joined a book club, and I've been watching tv. I plan on actually using my Rosetta Stone at some point. 

Questions/Rants/Anything Random: How are you ladies who are on strict/complete bedrest laying? On your side, slightly propped up on your back, a mixture?
    Rant: I just want to go outside and sit in the sun, it's getting so nice out here. I'm hoping when i make it to 34/35, they'll take me off of strict bedrest, so at least with pelvic rest I can go sit outside. 

• Bedrest completed/time left: 4 1/2 weeks done / 1 1/2 weeks left to go. Doc says week 36 is the max for me. Hallelujah. 

I feel generally well although I'm noticing a bit more back, hip and pelvic pain. Don't know how I can be tired despite not exerting much effort at all. Been online shopping, doing small chores around the house, sewing, reading, movies and one-offs on Netflix (haven't found anything binge-worthy to watch). 

The two days I've been allowed to leave the house are wonderful. Sure it's only for my weekly doc appointments and prenatal class but still, it's good for the soul. I feel bad for people whose bedrest time off might negatively impact time off with LO. I can't complain in this department cause I'm already on maternity leave. My legs are starting to feel like jello. I can't wait to exercise my legs again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your welcome to join in @MsIan

At first I was able to lay however but recently my contractions have gotten better only if I lay on my side. LO also remains higher if I lay rather than sit/recline. He's already putting a lot of pressure down there and lightning crotch is way worse if I sit or stand. I only really get up for bathroom and get something to quick to eat. 
  • @redseligHmm I'm gonna ask my doc today to see about a less strict bedrest at 36/37 wks. That would be only 2/3 wks to go!! Maybe I can finally get my prenatal massage and change my name at the DMV. 

I take advantage of doc appointments and hit a drive thru on the way home. Sad and amazed to see how much has changed in my area. 
  • @klingonpixie Every email I've received is a variation of "It's good that you're resting now, cause when the baby comes..." 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Knottie2891384 I've become very good at doing things while lying on my side. :# I make sure that if I do something standing, I limit it to about 15 minutes and then I lie down again. That's what the midwife told me to do if I have to if cooking or doing light chores.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    @Knottie2891384 I've become very good at doing things while lying on my side. :# I make sure that if I do something standing, I limit it to about 15 minutes and then I lie down again. That's what the midwife told me to do if I have to if cooking or doing light chores.
    DH laughs because I tell him I have to plan my route each time I get up. It's the only way I can actually "help" with house work. 
  • @klingonpixieSo nice of you to offer to help them out with their school stuff! I hope you get cleared to go back to work soon!!
    Hah it's not me being nice, it's me LOSING MY MIND without anything to do! 
  • @MsIan I was on strict hospital bedrest from week 30-32. I mostly lay on my left side but would rotate often. I would also sometimes  lie supine and elevate my legs by raising the end of the bed. Are you wearing compression stockings? I was told to wear them during the day since strict bedrest doesn't allow for much movement and blood flow in the legs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MsIanMsIan member
    Your welcome to join in @MsIan

At first I was able to lay however but recently my contractions have gotten better only if I lay on my side. LO also remains higher if I lay rather than sit/recline. He's already putting a lot of pressure down there and lightning crotch is way worse if I sit or stand. I only really get up for bathroom and get something to quick to eat. 
    How long have you been on BR? How much longer to go?
  • MsIanMsIan member

redselig said:
    @MsIan I was on strict hospital bedrest from week 30-32. I mostly lay on my left side but would rotate often. I would also sometimes  lie supine and elevate my legs by raising the end of the bed. Are you wearing compression stockings? I was told to wear them during the day since strict bedrest doesn't allow for much movement and blood flow in the legs. 
    A labor nurse told DH to get them for me ASAP. He's been so sweet trying to work and clean and prepare meals. I think he'll be getting me some today. 
  • MsIan said:

I was on modified bedrest all first tri (worked from home) and now again since I think 28 wks (late Jan) and full on disability. I'll be 34 wks on sat and we are hoping to make it to at least 36/37 wks. I have already started dilating and efface. But from what I hear that doesn't always mean much. All off my ffn tests have come back negative. I got the steroids shots shy of 32 wks.
  • MsIanMsIan member
    MsIan said:

I was on modified bedrest all first tri (worked from home) and now again since I think 28 wks (late Jan) and full on disability. I'll be 34 wks on sat and we are hoping to make it to at least 36/37 wks. I have already started dilating and efface. But from what I hear that doesn't always mean much. All off my ffn tests have come back negative. I got the steroids shots shy of 32 wks.
    You've made it so far!! I'm praying you'll make it to 36 weeks!! 35 is my goal as of now. 4 more weeks...
  • My mil is so funny. After my doc appointment yesterday we told her that I can get off nifedipine between 36/37 wks. DH and I have a feeling LO will come shortly after. Well she's asking us what day I stop the pills so that she can ask for the day off in case baby comes lol. I love my mil she cracks me up. She will be taking me to my next appointment next Thursday and hear the heartbeat for the first time. 
  • I thought I escaped this thread but I'm back.

As of yesterday, OB put me back on BR until labor/induction (whichever comes first). They are monitoring me for preeclampsia. My case seems on my mild side, I guess. But depending on daily BP readings, labs, and urine tests I can be induced at anytime.

Bedrest completed/time left: 4 weeks left if I go full term.

Not gonna lie, I'm having mixed feelings. I'm just praying to make it to 37 weeks before delivery. YouTube and H's PS4 are keeping me busy today. I'm also sterilizing bottles and hanging LO's clothes in the closet to prepare for his arrival.

Questions/Rants/Anything Random: I hate that I can't eat certain things anymore. Everything that I am craving is high in sodium. After this baby comes, I will be ordering a large pizza to my postpartum room. I'm also packing a  bag of Doritos in my hospital bag. Lol.
  • @linzoirv Can't say I'm happy to see you here again. :( I was also wondering if your blood pressure was steadily rising throughout your pregnancy. My blood pressure is slightly elevated at 133/83 last time I checked and I'm usually hovering around 120/78. It's got me worrying a bit. 

Those Doritos are going to taste amazing! :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Knottie2891384 Just a quick question about your NSTs. When you go for them, does the machine record your contractions? Are you having many? My last two NSTs did not record any contractions and I honestly don't feel like I'm having any. Yet I'm still on nifedipine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    @Knottie2891384 Just a quick question about your NSTs. When you go for them, does the machine record your contractions? Are you having many? My last two NSTs did not record any contractions and I honestly don't feel like I'm having any. Yet I'm still on nifedipine.
    Yes they are recorded on a print out. I sit there for about 30 mins and I'll see about 3 or more good real contractions. I'll be talking and I have to stop till it passes. I drink more than 70 fl oz of water so it's not due to that. I'll have some good days where they are not as strong but never a time when I don't get any.
  • So I've just discovered duolingo, which is a free language learning app and it's let me blow through two hours of bedrest-time this morning! If you want to learn a language it's really good and also FREE. It's a nice change from endless netflix for me at least.
  • So I've just discovered duolingo, which is a free language learning app and it's let me blow through two hours of bedrest-time this morning! If you want to learn a language it's really good and also FREE. It's a nice change from endless netflix for me at least.
    I love Duolingo. What language are you learning? I've blown through most of the French. It's fun but some of the translations are questionable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    So I've just discovered duolingo, which is a free language learning app and it's let me blow through two hours of bedrest-time this morning! If you want to learn a language it's really good and also FREE. It's a nice change from endless netflix for me at least.
    I love Duolingo. What language are you learning? I've blown through most of the French. It's fun but some of the translations are questionable. 
    I've been working my way through French (most of my family lives in France but my French is atrocious) and I just started Spanish, which I know a few hundred random nouns in but not much else.
  • MsIanMsIan member
    redselig said:
    So I've just discovered duolingo, which is a free language learning app and it's let me blow through two hours of bedrest-time this morning! If you want to learn a language it's really good and also FREE. It's a nice change from endless netflix for me at least.
    I've been working my way through French (most of my family lives in France but my French is atrocious) and I just started Spanish, which I know a few hundred random nouns in but not much else.
    I have duolingo and Rosetta Stone (Spanish). You guys have inspired me to start again. Spanish would be so beneficial to my job. 
  • I've been playing Words with friends a lot lately (against the app for the most part). Any one want to play? 

Just a a quick update while I'm at it. Feeling good about almost being 35 weeks. Next goal is 37 and finally getting to stop taking nifedipine Yes!!! I honestly think baby will come shortly after that. Just 2-4 weeks to go! Doctor goes on vacation next week so baby better stay put! Not much difference in terms of dilation and effacement. 
  • I've been playing Words with friends a lot lately (against the app for the most part). Any one want to play? 

Just a a quick update while I'm at it. Feeling good about almost being 35 weeks. Next goal is 37 and finally getting to stop taking nifedipine Yes!!! I honestly think baby will come shortly after that. Just 2-4 weeks to go! Doctor goes on vacation next week so baby better stay put! Not much difference in terms of dilation and effacement. 
    Great update! I was so nervous from week 30-34, and now I'm a bit more relaxed since I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and am anticipating bedrest being over.I still want to take it easy until week 37, I'll feel confident after that.

I reuploaded WWF, what's your username? :wink: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    I've been playing Words with friends a lot lately (against the app for the most part). Any one want to play? 

Great update! I was so nervous from week 30-34, and now I'm a bit more relaxed since I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and am anticipating bedrest being over.I still want to take it easy until week 37, I'll feel confident after that.

I reuploaded WWF, what's your username? :wink: 
    Nice! I hope you get off rest! Username: Mitziastrid
  • Update from doctor's appointment today. I am technically off bedrest but the doctor suggested I still take it easy. That's easy for me to do since I'm already on mat leave. LO's heartrate was high at one point during the NST so the doctor did an ultrasound to check the blood flow. Apparently everything's okay but he wants me to do another NST tomorrow. :( He said he'll keep my pessary in for another week. I also had my mandatory appointment with an anesthetist to sign off on some papers and do blood work in case I want or need an epidural at any point during labour. I can't believe there's only a month left! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redseligGlad your not on forced BR! My LOs heartbeat has been a bit high too recently but he's very very active and doc doesn't seem concerned since it goes back down after a while. Take it easy! We are almost there!!
  • @Knottie2891384 yeah, definitely not forced, more self-imposed. 37 weeks is the goal, 39 is the pot of gold. Today at my appointment my back was killing me, like I was having little back spasms. I also felt nauseous. Not sure if that has something to do with LO being more amped up than usual. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Looks like I'm joining this party now if you all don't mind! 

Bedrest completed/time left: 
    4 hours/ up to 2 weeks but that depends on my bp and labs...

How are you feeling? How have you been keeping busy? Crazy anxious right now. Diagnosed pre-e earlier today and sent home to come back for more labs and ultrasounds Monday to check on LO and see how shes doing/get a better prediction of how she might do. Right now I'm trying to figure out plans for LO if I end up having to be induced this weekend or Monday per doctors orders.

Questions/Rants/Anything Random: A little miffed at the universe for throwing this at me along with having my husband have a kidney stone at the same time. I should be taking care of him...
  • Hi @Octoberly :smile: How many weeks along are you? I'm seeing my blood pressure steadily cling and I hope it doesn't get any higher. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    Hi @Octoberly :smile: How many weeks along are you? I'm seeing my blood pressure steadily cling and I hope it doesn't get any higher. 
    By some brilliant miracle I am 37 weeks today (Saturday) which brings some comfort though I know 37 isn't a magic number and her lungs aren't necessarily ready. 

Short term goal is make it to 38 weeks, then I'll focus on 39!

I hope your BP stays good!!! Such a tricky thing!
  • @Octoberly I am concerned about the rising BP because I have been on modified bedrest for six weeks and still my blood pressure is slowly making its way up. I don't know if I can take it any easier! So frustrating. :neutral: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It really is crazy and it's so hard to tell what bp is doing. Mine spiked out of nowhere this pregnancy. It was REALLY good for so long then I walked in yesterday and it was 158/95. After 3 hours in L&D it got down to about 145/86 on average. With my first it was elevated from 22 weeks so it was expected. Sometimes I feel like crap and it's good. Sometimes I feel good and it's crap. The only thing to do right now I think is prepare physically and mentally. But that in itself can help you relax!