Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Need some support ladies

I had a miscarriage two weeks ago after TTC for two years. We were 6weeks along, that Monday I had seen my baby on an ultrasound, and later started severely bleeding.  We did fertility treatments to get pregnant this time and it had worked on the first try. We are waiting for my HcG to drop to 0. Last Tuesday it was at 90, This Tuesday it was at 12, hopefully next Tuesday it will be at 0. Anyways I talked to my Dr. about starting treatments again after we hit 0, and they said we will talk about it next week (They said it is likely, but want to look over everything to be sure its ok)

I talked to some of my co-workers about everything because I don't like hiding stuff (maybe I should have held back). One lady said that this is my bodies way of telling me that it is not ready for a baby, and I am putting myself at a risk of having another miscarriage because I am not being patient. My problem is that I don't have a period at all, I know we just had a miscarriage and trust me I am devastated but I cannot let this hold me back. For me I cant let go of hope that one day we will have a baby. I am young (only 22), but that doesn't mean that I am rushing my body or myself...... Right?

If anyone has a similar story I could use some help... I feel like they just don't understand how hard this has been for us, and how much of a journey this has been for us- they are pretty harsh saying I am doing the wrong thing.

Re: Need some support ladies

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and your struggles.  We discovered our loss at 11 weeks.  I was pregnant after about 1.5 years of trying and 3 medicated IUIs.  It really sucks.  

I also don't like hiding this and have been struggling with wanting to tell more people but having trouble finding the words.  Some people make really insensitive comments.  I think that there are people who have not struggled with IF and/or loss and just do not get it.  You know what is right for you, and it is up to your doctors, not your co-workers, when it's a good idea for when you can try again.  I am sorry you are not getting the support that you need and deserve.  We are here for you, though, and I hope you do find compassionate people around you.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    Wow! What a bit@#!!!! I wish I could kick her for you! 

You are your PRIME age wise for fertility. So, that lady does not know what she is talking about when she said that. It's bull. 

As soon as your doctor gives you the go ahead, by all means if you're ready to try again, go ahead. 

I have to applaud you for being open about your struggles. That takes balls and you have more balls than I do and I'm about to turn 30. I'm very in the closet with our struggles. So my hat goes off to you! 

I'm so sorry for your loss and wishing you the best of luck on your next cycle! 

Next time someone tells you something stupid ask them to name the medical journal /study they got the information from. Or say "congrats!  I didn't realize you recently got a MD!" 

Sorry, those aren't nice things to say but, your co-worker sounds like my MIL and comments like that make my skin crawl! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 basically said it all, but you listen to yourself and your doctor to tell you when you're ready, not some biddy who should mind her own damn business.  

Loss sucks, bottom line, and it happens to a lot of people for a lot of reasons, but it didn't happen to "tell" you anything.  I hope you take whatever time YOU need and then get a take home baby with a future try soon.