November 2016 Moms

Weekly Threads

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
edited February 2016 in November 2016 Moms
How do you ladies feel about weekly threads? Most boards have them and its a good way to keep the board active and get to know each better.  I've noticed that most BMB have a HDBD (hump day bump day) on Wednesday.  Obviously it's too early for us but maybe that's something we can start once we start showing.  A weekly check-in would be nice as well.  Any other ideas, thoughts, and opinions for weekly threads?

Me: 31 | H: 32
Married September 2014
TTC #1 December 2014
RE appt 12/2015
CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
Dx: Unexplained Infertility
February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
It's a girl!
Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
--------
TFAS March 2018
RE consultation 8/2/18
Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
It's a girl!
Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC

Re: Weekly Threads

• Love this idea! I love that I can share what is happening with you ladies considering there isn't many people who I'm allowing to share my excitement just yet!

I like the idea of symptoms as we will all be experiencing similar things along the way or cravings for that matter!

Thanks for all the support!
  • So maybe on Mondays we can do a weekly check-in...symptoms, updates, any other information you ladies think we should share.  It would be nice to come up with a form we can use weekly of questions, that way its the same every week. So if anyone has any ideas, please throw them out.
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    It's a girl!
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    It's a girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • We can do "WTF Wednesdays" for now.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Tantrum Tuesday
    Thankful Thursday 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like my old BMB DID TMI Tuesday's lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I feel like my old BMB DID TMI Tuesday's lol
    I'm all about that.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yes! These are great ideas! 
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    It's a girl!
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    It's a girl!
  • I second the idea of ticker change check-ins, TMI Tuesday's (and/or ThankfulTuesdays), WTF Wednesday's/HDBD, UO Thursdays, and FFFC. 

My old BMB would occasionally do Meal Plan Monday's and the occasional Man Crush Monday's, just thoughts

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd be game for some weekly threads. On my old BMB, I didn't participate in them as much as I would have liked and as a result, I didn't feel as close to most of the people in it. Looking forward to getting to know everyone super well this time around! :)

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Maybe a cute GTKY once a week with a question (or a few) that could be but maybe not be something pregnancy related?
  • We did this on my old BMB and it was fun! My favorite was Flame Free Friday where you can admit a confessions (like a pet peeve or whatever) and no one can give you shit for it. It's "flame free" so no matter how bad your confession is, no one can really get too mad about it. It's a free pass to say whatever you want. Most are mild like "I still eat my boogers" or "I wipe back to front" but some people really dive in and make it controversial.
    That's always nice and juicy and full of drama :-D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maaaaaann, if anyone posts a "bump" pic in the next few weeks, I might lose my shit. It's bloating, yo. 
    Lol. 6 week "bump" pics are the BEST for some good dramz  and eventual GIF dance parties though.
    LOL I was just talking about this with my M14 friends
    BabyFruit Ticker

• A PGAL check-in thread would probably be much appreciated, too. Other thread ideas sound good. Meal Plan Monday.... Om nom.
  • Maaaaaann, if anyone posts a "bump" pic in the next few weeks, I might lose my shit. It's bloating, yo. 
    Lol. 6 week "bump" pics are the BEST for some good dramz  and eventual GIF dance parties though.
    LOL I was just talking about this with my M14 friends
    Seriously! In another birth month club I am a part of people are posting FOUR week bump pictures. I am like holy f*$%.... please stop. The baby is the size of a poppy seed. There is no bump. 

It also aggravates me (also on the other board/club) people who are like, "I am three weeks pregnant, so tired... had to take a sick day, because I just can't get out of bed." I'm like......???

• DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Gotcha! :) Thanks for finding this- can't believe I missed it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2016

I like:

TMI Tuesdays

HDBD Wednesdays (or WTF Wednesday until we all actually have bumps lol)

Thankful Thursdays

Flame Free Fridays

• My old board had a running Random post that was a big hit. I can start it if everyone wants? 

Great place for dialogue, random thoughts, sharing articles, memes, etc.
  • Yeah, so 3 love tits are good enough for me. I started it. Go forth and let me get to know you.
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat were
    you in A14?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Heeb918 said:
    @HomeyDontPlayThat were
    you in A14?
    No, July14
  • @m6agua

You are amazing, that would be so awesome. Let me know if you need any help! 
    I think you are right on with all the weekly/monthly/daily/sticky threads. We do seem to have a lot of daily threads, which I'm ok with if everyone else is, but if we need to cut back I think we definitely can. So far (and I know its early), we haven't done man-crush monday and ten things tuesday, but since that's only two it probably wouldn't add much more clutter to keep them. 
    Like I said, let me know if you need help, I'll do whatever I can cause I know this post is important. 
  • That's a good list @m6agua. I think the PGAL ladies want a Monday check-in too. And can we have a birth story thread stickied too? I love reading those.

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• This is awesome @m6agua ! My only thought is that we do appt and symptoms checkins in the daily ticker changes... so maybe we can eliminate them from the weekly list? That might narrow it down a little. Thanks for compiling this!

• Oh I like that idea @LittleStreem
  • @littlestreem if that's what people want to do. I guess from my last BMB experience (although it was short) having those as weekly threads helped in eliminating newbies from posting their own threads for every symptom and appointment. Also if they are in the ticker changes you may not get input from everyone since people who change on Tuesday may only participate in Tuesday's ticker change for example.

I will start writing the post but hold off on posting until there is a little more feedback here.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Look at you @m6agua all organized and stuff! The list looks good t me, we can always adjust as we go if we find the board is getting cluttered. Just an FYI, it seems you have to post on each if the Bump admins walls if you want something stickied...that's how I finally got the intro thread up there. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @m6agua crap, good point about newbies posting new threads.... I didn't even think about that! I guess theres nothing wrong with a lot of weekly/daily threads if it cuts down on dear diary posts and people posting their own threads for everything cluttering the boards. 
  • That totally makes sense @m6agua ! Good call. 

• @m6agua I think this is a great list! Thank you so much for organizing everything! I think it'll be really helpful as more and more people start posting frequently. 
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • @m6agua The list looks good to me with the addition of PGAL check in like @jarethinafrockmentioned!

Im ALL for organization and cutting down dear diaries! We could always alternate some of them to cut back as well. That and bump day is obviously going to be avoided for A WHILE to avoid us all killing each other.
  • I had the PGAL Check-In listed.

I figure at some point some of the threads will probably change. Like maybe the symptoms will change into a monthly thread.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20