January 2016 Moms

Baby milestone forum!

cali1710cali1710 member
edited March 2016 in January 2016 Moms
just thought it would be cool to have a thread that we can post wha milestones our babies have hit. From smiling, rolling over, crawling etc. Lets hear em!

Today during tummy time my 6 week old rolled onto her back from tummy twice! Proud mama here!! 

Re: Baby milestone forum!

• cali1710 said:
    just thought it would be cool to have a thread that we can post wha milestones our babies have hit. From smiling, rolling over, crawling etc. Lets hear em!

Today during tummy time my 6 week old rolled onto her back from tummy twice! Proud mama here!! 
    Wow! That is really great at 6 weeks! My DD cannot roll over yet, but she started to give me big smiles when she was 7 1/2 weeks. She just now started blowing bubbles at 9 1/2 weeks
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• kaym6kaym6 member
    cali1710 said:

That's awesome! My 9 week old still thinks tummy time is torture! Luckily today the pediatrician said he has good head control and his head is nice and round so at least the torture sessions are paying off! Def can't picture him rolling anytime soon so that's so cool! 

My little man man has been smiling and cooing for a couple of weeks but for the past two days he has let out a couple of laughs it's the cutest
  • Loading the player...
  • Ah I'm jealous you are getting laughs!! Thats very exciting!! I cant wait for that!! She makes noises but wouldn't say coos. 
  • MissMheMheMissMheMhe member
    edited March 2016
    DS started smiling around 7 weeks. I love it! He's super smiley first thing in the morning after he eats! 
    He's figured out that he can get his leg under him and flip himself to his back during tummy time. He really hates lying horizontally, whether on his back or tummy, so this just makes him even more upset. He's got pretty good head control as we spend a lot of time holding him upright so he can look around. He especially likes to look at himself in the mirror :smile: 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • DS is 6 weeks and has been able to roll from tummy to back for about two weeks.  He just started cooing this week and we've gotten one or two smiles out of him. 
  • Violet smiles like crazy! That started about 2 weeks ago. She blows bubbles too! I weighed myself, then picked the baby up and got back on the scale. My chunker weighs 12 pounds. She'll be 7 weeks tomorrow
  • Rosalie has been holding her own head up since she was 3 weeks and rolled over onto her back at 4 weeks. I had to take a video of her doing it because no one could believe it. She was the most alert newborn her pedi had ever seen. She's super wirery and strong for her size. She started smiling at 5 weeks and now smiles when I come to pick her up when she's starting to fuss, she's 7 weeks on Wednesday!
  • Brynlee started smiling around 4 weeks and slept through the night at 6 weeks (after hours and hours of a colic episode).
  • Brynlee started smiling around 4 weeks and slept through the night at 6 weeks (after hours and hours of a colic episode).
    Super jealous you got them to sleep through the night. My darling little girl (6 weeks) was sleeping a 5 hr stretch starting at 10/1030 but the last few nights its been midnight/1 before she sleeps and is up every 3 hrs. Last night she didnt even sleep overnight. Maybe 3 hrs total from 6pm-6am. I'm praying this is a growth spurt and will be better in a day or two and not a habit. 
  • DD laughed this morning! One of the sweetest sounds a mother could ever here! 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Mine has been smiling since 4 weeks, but very sporadically, they are getting much more frequent now along with cooing :)

He also slept last night from 10 pm until 7:30 this morning...hoping that keeps up! He is 7 weeks today. 
  • 6 weeks and we have very sporadic giggling and cooing. Lots of smiles for dad and sister. I only get some :( not as many as they do. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • leap_frog said:
    6 weeks and we have very sporadic giggling and cooing. Lots of smiles for dad and sister. I only get some :( not as many as they do. 
    I don't get as many as my husband. Its not fair. Maybe they are sick of looking at us all day ?