Baby Showers

Mamaroo on your registry? yay or nay?

edited February 2016 in Baby Showers
I am looking for opinions on whether or not I want/need a Mamaroo. I was already gifted the auto-rocking Rock and Play, as well as an exersaucer/jumper and another chair that has a vibration option. I do not have a '"swing" exactly however. Did you register for a Mamaroo? Did you love your mamaroo? Did you hate it? Did you return or sell it? Did you just think it was not worth the cost? Did you think if i pass on the mamaroo, i still need to purchase another regular swing?

EDIT: Someone bought it for me before i could decide. So i guess we are trying it out!

Mamaroo on your registry? yay or nay? 43 votes

Yes! Get that mamaroo!
37% 16 votes
No! You dont need it.
58% 25 votes
Other: Comment Below
4% 2 votes

Re: Mamaroo on your registry? yay or nay?

• The RnP was the single greatest thing I ever owned for my daughter, but she hated the swing. Then there is my son who basically slept exclusively in the swing so you never know.

When my second child was born I wanted to have multiple options on hand so I could try them all to see what worked. Go ahead and register for the Mamaroo. Couldn't hurt right?

• I keep hearing that! That the rock n play is the best. And i think having the auto-rock feature (though ive heard it can be a little noisy to some) should be a great addition. I mean i guess worst case scenario i can keep it in the box until baby comes and try it out briefly and if its not working for us or not getting used then return it if its not too late.
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep hearing that! That the rock n play is the best. And i think having the auto-rock feature (though ive heard it can be a little noisy to some) should be a great addition. I mean i guess worst case scenario i can keep it in the box until baby comes and try it out briefly and if its not working for us or not getting used then return it if its not too late.

I personally wouldn't use the auto rocking feature simply because I wouldn't want my kids relying on rocking or vibrating to sleep. I did rock the thing by hand occasionally but that's just one transition challenge I didn't want to deal with. Except the swing. I left that thing on all the time for my first kid because he slept so well in it.

But yes, you definitely can return, trade or sell any baby items that don't work out for you.

• It doesn't hurt to put it on the registry. We did not, but my sister bought us one. Neither one of our kids used it more than a handful of times. Some babies just don't like it. My kids liked a head to toe swinging option, which the mamaroo doesn't have. We are probably going to sell it.
  • I asked for the Rockaroo on my registry and I received it which was great! I have yet to try it since our LO is not here yet. However, I have heard great things about 4moms Rockaroo or Mamaroo. Honestly I think it depends on the child as well, one may love it and the other may not. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think you need all of them. Pick one (Rock and Play, Mamaroo, or other swing). If your baby hates it,  exchange it for another option. Since you were already given the RnP, just stick with that.
  • I registered for a Mamaroo, and when I was updating my registry a few days ago I saw that it had been purchased.  My shower is this weekend, so I am looking forward to trying it out afterward. My sister has a 3 month old who loves it.  Unfortunately, she will probably still be using it by the time our LO gets here.  Hopefully, he will like his as much as his cousin likes hers. 
  • Yay yay yay! We bought one for our twin boys, and ended up getting a second one because they both wanted to spend so much time in it. I would vote yes for adding it to your registry!

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Someone ended up buying it for me before I could make a final final decision. So it looks like we will be trying it out.
  • My hospital had a mamaroo in the nursery. DD loved it! I didn't buy a mamaroo though I got a regular full size swing from my registry. DD still enjoys the swing either way. Mamaroo or not. 

Go ahead and put it on your list. Just don't expect anyone to get it for you. I've noticed that it was mainly my parents buying the bigger, expensive items 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• My sister in law used hers a grand total of two times. She wanted to let us borrow it but we were gifted the rock n play and a swing and I don't want to clutter my living room with extra stuff. May try it if the baby doesn't like the other two options.