July 2015 Moms

Crying in the car!

my lo is 7mo old and hates the car! we try so hard to schedule our drives around her feeding and napping schedule so she's full and tired but sometimes even that doesn't work and she'll scream the whole ride. She just wants to be held constantly.
any tips or suggestions?! We've tried noise apps, YouTube cartoons, toys, singing etc.

Were thinking of switching her into the convertible seat next week so maybe the change will help? Crossing my fingers!

Re: Crying in the car!

• n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    My baby boy also does not like his car seat. I usually try to make errands when he just wakes up because he mostly doesn't cry, but I'm also thinking he will like the convertible car seat better than his current one. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes mama! 
  • Switching to the convertible could help. She probably wants to sit up more than the infant carrier allows. The convertible seat will help that. Rear facing has nothing to do with it and should be done until at least 2 years old. Have you considered a mirror for the headrest? My son loves being able to look at himself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Switching to the convertible could help. She probably wants to sit up more than the infant carrier allows. The convertible seat will help that. Rear facing has nothing to do with it and should be done until at least 2 years old. Have you considered a mirror for the headrest? My son loves being able to look at himself.
    I agree, it is definitely the reclining and plus my son doesn't fit anymore. I'm thinking of ordering online the convertible but I'm between the chicco and Graco ones that convert as they grow. And thanks for the mirror suggestion!
  • RosieJuly said:
    my lo is 7mo old and hates the car! we try so hard to schedule our drives around her feeding and napping schedule so she's full and tired but sometimes even that doesn't work and she'll scream the whole ride. She just wants to be held constantly.
    any tips or suggestions?! We've tried noise apps, YouTube cartoons, toys, singing etc.

Were thinking of switching her into the convertible seat next week so maybe the change will help? Crossing my fingers!
    I found this at Amazon, I'm thinking of giving it a try, maybe your little one will be more entertained while in the car! Good luck! 
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited March 2016
    We have the graco 4ever. Lo loves it. It sits up more than the chicco nextfit and we like the lower sides to get him in and out. I suggest checking out the car seats for the littles facebook group. Its run by car seat technicians and they can recommend car seats specific for your child, car and budget.
  • :::Lurking from August 2015 board:::  :)  Hi!

My LO absolutely hated his car seat for the first few months and I was at my wit's end because our commute to daycare was about 45 minutes morning and night.  Oy.  We bought a Maxi Cosi convertible car seat and it was a game changer!  He rarely cries in it, falls asleep in it most of the time, and is generally much more comfortable. I would definitely recommend switching to a convertible. 

• We switched to a Chicco Nextfit and LO stopped crying as well. :)