October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread **3/7**

Re: Symptoms Thread **3/7**

• I keep going back and forth between feeling weirdly good, and like I'm about to get the worst flu I've ever had (headaches, nausea, fatigue) all in one day. Hopefully, it's pointing to things easing up soon. I'm pretty over feeling like complete shit 24/7, so these breaks of feeling decent are welcome. We'll see. Every week is a surprise. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Is anybody else dealing with nasal stuffiness/postnasal drip/sinus pain?  My sinuses are killing me.  I normally have bad sinuses even when not pregnant (and I don't help myself by living with a cat that I am allergic to), but since getting pregnant I have definitely been more .  .  . mucusy.  I've continued to take my Zyrtec but am trying to stay away from the Nasonex I usually use, which I think is just making matters worse (who knew that a nasal spray would be yellow lighted during pregnancy?)  Every few days I'll allow myself a spray of Afrin when things get really bad, but that's not a long-term solution.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Loading the player...
  • All you ladies having sexy dreams are making me jealous. I had the joy of dreaming about work last night. Boo!
  • For the last week my nausea was terrible at night. Yesterday, however, I woke up feeling slightly sick and dizzy, which lingered all morning. Last night I only felt a little sick after eating dinner. Today I've felt slight nausea on/off all morning. 

Back pain is the newest for me. I noticed yesterday pretty much all cramping (which was slight twitches/pulling) has disappeared. My back has really been hurting, lower and upper. I think it's my chair at work. It sounds crazy, but I don't want the nausea to go away - it's pretty much the only thing that soothes my crazy anxiety over thinking something's wrong.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • It sounds like a lot of us who are in the 7/8/9 week range are experiencing similar things. Personally, I'm generally okay in the morning until I eat breakfast...or I try to eat,at least, and feel like I'm going to vomit afterward.Then late morning through the afternoon I feel really good. This kills me on my days off since when I am at work, I don't notice that I feel good because I'm so busy. When evening/dinner time rolls around I usually go back to feeling nauseous.Call me crazy, but it's a huge comfort to feel cruddy since my first appointment isn't for another 14 days.  Boobs are only a wee bit sore to the touch, but they have grown. Sleeping has been rough. I hate our bed! The pillow between the legs thing helps loads with joint pain, though. 
    I've also gone from only craving fresh fruits and veggies to only wanting sour gummy worms and apples. Seriously. Other foods have no appeal to me right now. I also keep getting yeast infections. (yuck) I've read it's common, but it's also really gross.
  • @simcal18 I'm also dealing with stuffiness and sinus pain! I'm not sure if it's a cold or pregnancy related, but it's been going on for weeks now.  The worst is at night when I wake up completely parched because I've been mouth breathing!
  • No sexy dreams here either. Just really bizarre ones. My nausea comes and goes, but I'm off work so it's not the end of the world.

The worst for me is these stabbing pains I get in my breasts! It doesn't happen every day but when it does, it's constant. Mostly my right breast. I basically have to squeeze my breast, which doesn't feel good either since they're still sore, but it helps. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• simcal18 said:
    Is anybody else dealing with nasal stuffiness/postnasal drip/sinus pain?  My sinuses are killing me.  I normally have bad sinuses even when not pregnant (and I don't help myself by living with a cat that I am allergic to), but since getting pregnant I have definitely been more .  .  . mucusy.  I've continued to take my Zyrtec but am trying to stay away from the Nasonex I usually use, which I think is just making matters worse (who knew that a nasal spray would be yellow lighted during pregnancy?)  Every few days I'll allow myself a spray of Afrin when things get really bad, but that's not a long-term solution.
    Yep. I've actually had a cold since the day of my BFP that developed into a full flown sinus infection. Been fighting it every day of this pregnancy so far. I was on allergy shots for 6 months & they were helping tremendously, but obviously I stopped when I got my BFP. I've been doing my sinus/nasal rinse at least 3 times a day & that helps some. My Dr. told me regular Claritin is ok, so I've been doing that for about a week & I think it helps during the day. I take regular Robitussin at night if the cough gets bad. (Also okayed by my Dr). And one Benedryl at night helps me sleep. Seems like I'm slowly getting better so there's a light at the end of the tunnel! I haven't really been working out because 1). I'm so exhausted at the end of the day & 2). Haven't wanted to compromise  immune system that's already weak with this infection. But...I'm feeling good enough so far today that I plan to go to the gym tonight. So...yay! I hope you get to feeling better soon - I know how miserable it is!!
  • @krzyriver I was getting those stabbing pains on and off last week too! I'm pretty sure I remember from a puberty book a million years ago, that it happens when breasts are growing.

• annabenannaannabenanna member
    edited March 2016
    Is anyone else hungry ALL the time?  

Pre-pregnancy, I usually would skip breakfast, just do coffee, then lunch, and dinner.... Maybe a sweet after dinner while watching TV. 

But now, I'm like, hungry...no ravenous.... every 2 hours!  I'm so terrified I'll gain so much weight!  I just stocked up on veggies and hummus.  So I can snack on that instead of Sun Chips!  
  • @krzyriver I was getting those stabbing pains on and off last week too! I'm pretty sure I remember from a puberty book a million years ago, that it happens when breasts are growing.
    I've had stabbing boob pain too. It comes and goes. I've noticed that if I'm around the house all day and not wearing bra, my boobs feel fine. If they've been strapped in all day and I come home and take my bra off, they're super tender. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Have had very few symptoms the past week. They are few and far between. But no spotting, bleeding or cramping.  It worries me for a little while each day. Then I think it's just hormones screwing with you and get back to being ok. Definitely going to talk to doc about it next week though. 
  • Has anyone else been diagnosed with endo and feel some of their symptoms could be attributed to that? I'm worried I am in for many months of these bad cramps because of adhesions stretching as baby grows. Obviously will be asking my obgyn on Thursday!
  • @MRSCORKER My pain is in my lower back as well!  More to the left side most days.  It was on and off and then I hit 6 weeks and bam!  ALL THE TIME.  When I get home from work I literally have the heating pad on 24/7 and that helps a bit.  I forewarned the husband last night that I am cracking out my snoogle pillow because I can't take it anymore.  Happy to hear it is helping you a bit.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Is anyone else hungry ALL the time?  

Pre-pregnancy, I usually would skip breakfast, just do coffee, then lunch, and dinner.... Maybe a sweet after dinner while watching TV. 

But now, I'm like, hungry...no ravenous.... every 2 hours!  I'm so terrified I'll gain so much weight!  I just stocked up on veggies and hummus.  So I can snack on that instead of Sun Chips!  
    YUP! And if you're anything like me, the ravenous feeling will last all the way until the last day you breastfeed (if you choose to breastfeed). When I was pregnant with my son and then while breastfeeding, I would eat breakfast, have a 10 am snack, eat lunch, have a 3 pm snack, eat dinner and then usually eat something after dinner. It's so weird as soon as I stopped nursing I went back to normal. 

Then of course I got pregnant again and STARVING again! 

(I will add... in my personal experience I did gain quite a bit of weight during pregnancy, but ended up losing it all and then some while nursing for 14 months.. even with eating all the time and not exercising.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 6w4d and this week it's been extreme bloating and exhaustion. I hate feeling like I waste my evenings so much! It seems I'm the only one thats experiencing low throbbing down by my ovaries. It comes and goes throughout the day. Seems like I should be paying better attention to it to see if it's after I eat. I've already started with food aversions which is extremely annoying but it's all worth it in the end!
  • @MorganL925 Yeah, I figured it was something like growing pains. I thought I was done with that after I finished puberty. Lol.

@AshleyGemini24 I worry any day that I don't have symptoms too. Then I go back to feeling horrible and get mad at myself for not enjoying the days where I feel good. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Have had very few symptoms the past week. They are few and far between. But no spotting, bleeding or cramping.  It worries me for a little while each day. Then I think it's just hormones screwing with you and get back to being ok. Definitely going to talk to doc about it next week though. 
    This for me since lunchtime yesterday. I had some really intense nausea yesterday morning, but it dissipated and now- nothing. I feel pretty darn good and I am totally psyching myself out about it. Boobs are barely sore, not nauseated, only some mild heartburn and still with the being tired. Rational me knows it doesn't mean anything, but PGAL me is freaking out a little bit. So glad I have an appointment on Friday to check in and ease my mind. And maybe just enjoy not having so many symptoms this time! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • cd92007 said:
    Is anyone else hungry ALL the time?  

YUP! And if you're anything like me, the ravenous feeling will last all the way until the last day you breastfeed (if you choose to breastfeed). When I was pregnant with my son and then while breastfeeding, I would eat breakfast, have a 10 am snack, eat lunch, have a 3 pm snack, eat dinner and then usually eat something after dinner. It's so weird as soon as I stopped nursing I went back to normal. 

Then of course I got pregnant again and STARVING again! 

(I will add... in my personal experience I did gain quite a bit of weight during pregnancy, but ended up losing it all and then some while nursing for 14 months.. even with eating all the time and not exercising.)
    I'm so scared I'm eating this much @cd92007!  While all the other mommies can't eat and are nauseous---I'm here devouring everything in sight.  If I don't eat, the nausea is so much worse.  Although I did some calorie computations.... pre-pregnancy I was drinking about 2 glasses of wine every evening.  Now that I'm not, I guess I have to somehow makeup for that extra 250 calories. :) 
  • @simcal18 Yes! I wake up in the middle of the night with a dry mouth because I've been mouth breathing since my sinuses are clogged. I've been using two sprays of plain saline in both nostrils before bed and it definitely helps. If I get up to pee in the middle of the night, I might do another spray in each nostril if I'm feeling stuffy. I was concerned about Afrin because I heard mixed reviews on using it during pregnancy. Safer to avoid it, IMO.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I've got twins brewin, so I look 4 months pregnant already! And I'm getting these weird muscle pains around my belly. It's driving me fricken nuts! I'm paranoid as is that something is going wrong, so all these weird random pains make me freak out. @annabenanna I second the sexy dreams! I'm getting them every. single. night. Not gonna lie, they're super realistic, and super awesome. 
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The nausea is better with the low dose b6/doxylamine combo I've been taking, but the fatigue, irritability, gas and the dreams! Oh my word the dreams! I'm with you @samijrichards! Allll night long, and not about anything fun. I've been dreaming DH is cheating on me. Two nights ago it was with Ellen (WTF right?!), but she had lonnnng blonde hair. Last night was with the lead woman in the tv show Blindspot. I wake up so pissed off at him, for no good reason of course. He finds it hilarious, I'm not so easily amused.
    BabyGaga
  • My primary pregnancy symptoms thus far have been fatigue and uterine cramping. These are slowly getting better but last week I started getting constipated and having INTENSE stomach pain. I had a bad case of gastritis 2 years ago and I think maybe I've developed some nausea which is irritating old wounds (I'm at the end of the 9th week, which is supposedly the worst for nausea). I'm usually fine... until I move. Of course the doctor says it's "totally normal" and to "take it easy for a few days". Luckily my job is super flexible and I can do a lot from home but my dog is NOT happy about the 10-minute walks he's been getting. So now I can add "wild, jumping dog" to my list of pregnancy experiences.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • WTF, I had some really creepy/scary dreams last night.  And these pregnancy dreams always seem to involve real people/places, so they seem so real and vivid.  I'm sick of it!  How do I get rid of dreams?!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• I have Crohn's as well!! What type of symptoms are you experiencing?
  • @LizaKate1213 and @blonde1817 the dreams are crazy! Over the weekend I dreamed that my husband was introducing me to his first wife and kids and told me that I was going to be his second wife (polygamy style). I was so pissed when I woke up! 
  • bethashlibethashli member
    edited March 2016
    The nausea and exhaustion absolutely eat away at every good mood I might have plus I keep getting these POUNDING headaches that just hammer the nail home. My DH is military and I end up alone a lot which definitely aids in the downward spiral. When I realize I'm getting really down about everything, I call my sister or best friend or someone who will distract me for 5 minutes and remind me I'm excited about all of this too and that things should be looking up in a few weeks! There are a million and 7 things I should do but I know they won't all get done like I want them to. And stressing about what I'm NOT getting done while I'm laying on the bathroom floor just makes me feel worse. So, trying to do what I can to tame the nausea, napping when I need to, and throwing out a quick phone call when things start feeling too out of control. So far that's my recipe for surviving this last week.
  • So dizzy!! 8w2D - this is my first real symptom, other than super sore boobs and being sleepy...and this sucks! Anyone else have the spins?? Not lightheaded enough to pass out or anything but feel all off-kilter and dizzy. Can't focus on much at work...any suggestions? Is Dramamine safe to take? Does it even help?

Thanks @MRSCORKER and @smmatt08 for your suggestions. Going to up the water and give the doctor a call...

• This one is new...last night I had pizza for dinner & it's like it didn't digest. As the night went on, I felt more & more full & the food seemed to keep "growing" in my stomach. I was so bloated by the end of the night I looked 6 months pregnant. Feeling slightly better today but hoping I don't have to go through that again.

Also, my teeth are ultra sensitive today. Not sure if is PG related or not?
  • My self esteem has plummeted. I'm breaking out like a teenager, my hair is constantly a frizzy mess, and the bloating makes me feel a damn dinosaur. My skin is itchy and dry, all over... Just yucky. 
  • Kaessi said:
    This one is new...last night I had pizza for dinner & it's like it didn't digest. As the night went on, I felt more & more full & the food seemed to keep "growing" in my stomach. I was so bloated by the end of the night I looked 6 months pregnant. Feeling slightly better today but hoping I don't have to go through that again.

Also, my teeth are ultra sensitive today. Not sure if is PG related or not?
    This exact thing has been happening to me frequently.  No real nausea yet for me (just random short moments of queasiness here and there), but my digestive system has been totally dysfunctional.  If I eat a regular sized lunch I feel way overfull by 4-5 and then I can't eat dinner.  I've limited myself to very small lunches and that seems to have helped, but it's really unpleasant.  Apparently progesterone makes your digestive system slow down and that's what causes it.

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Okay, anyone getting period like cramps? Like those cramps that feel like blood is literally getting expelled? Just me? Okay.. lol 
  • lmno304 said:
    My self esteem has plummeted. I'm breaking out like a teenager, my hair is constantly a frizzy mess, and the bloating makes me feel a damn dinosaur. My skin is itchy and dry, all over... Just yucky. 
    So with you on this, particularly the dry skin. I have been chugging water nonstop and moisturizing, but nothing seems to help. Definitely not feeling that ~*pregnancy glow*~.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LMNOBaby How you treat your dizziness depends on its cause. I have chronic low blood pressure and often pass out when sick (or when I stand up, or after a steamy shower, when hungry, etc.). What works for me is staying hydrated and getting lots of salt. Gatorade or similar works really well (especially if you can find sugar-free).

@babymamamegs Yes, that was my #1 symptom for the first 8 weeks. I was doubled over. I was sure I was miscarrying but I'm now at the end of the 9th week and still going strong. I still have some mild cramping but it's mostly gone. My OB/GYN said cramps are "totally normal" for the first 8 weeks.
    P.S. Shoutout to a fellow Megs :)
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Okay, anyone getting period like cramps? Like those cramps that feel like blood is literally getting expelled? Just me? Okay.. lol 
    I've had them on and off. My doc said it's from the uterus stretching and not to worry about it unless it's severe and/or accompanied by blood. The further along I get, the less I'm feeling them. Also, I'm finding that it's getting more and more difficult to decipher between uterine cramping and GI cramping. The gas is no joke. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I had a lot of cramping for the first few weeks, but haven't noticed any the past week+. I'm 7w 5d.

• lmno304 said:
    My self esteem has plummeted. I'm breaking out like a teenager, my hair is constantly a frizzy mess, and the bloating makes me feel a damn dinosaur. My skin is itchy and dry, all over... Just yucky. 
    My face is a pimply mess, too.  And I don't want to hang out with our friends because I'm so bloated that nothing looks right on my body.  Frustrating.
  • @LMNOBaby hey, just wanted to say that Dramamine is not safe to take. I get motion sickness and my doctor gave me a safe prescription to take instead of Dramamine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sciatic nerve pain already...I can't imagine this will get any better  :/ and night time morning sickness...
  • @Jessicaerin0728 I have a slipped disc/chronic sciatic nerve pain and it was really bad around week 4 or so. It still acts up like usual now but it went back to normal, not more irritated than usual. Fingers crossed for you that it goes away!
    Pregnancy Ticker