September 2016 Moms

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• I've found child's pose to be the most helpful for sciatic pain 
  • @Sporty1216 @blondie080300 I've been going to the chiropractor once a week (my OB approved it). It has helped a ton. It's so difficult having back pain and having to lift a toddler all the time! My chiro also said it should get better once the relaxin hormone sets in around 14 weeks - c'mon hormones lets do something good for a change!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm at home with a sick kid today. Puke and diarrhea. Ah! She hasn't been tummy sick in a few years so we were way overdue. She's in good spirits, though, so there's that at least. Now let's hope the whole family doesn't catch it.  :#
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Sporty1216 have you every tried going to a chiropractor? I checked in with mine ( I have back issues usually 2-3 times a year, stress related) and they said they have special ways they can do adjustments for pregnant women. Chiropractics have helped me so much, but I know it's not for everyone. 
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Good luck @runningisrad . My 1 year old has had a million colds but no GI issues in life. He has thrown up maybe 3 times (while just on formula thank goodness) from coughing too hard, never diarrhea. Yikes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KarenBeth714 -- I actually tried to go to the chiropractor a few months before I got pregnant. He "fired" me because I freaked out when he wanted to crack my neck by twisting my head like they do. I just couldn't relax enough for him to do it. Oops. If it gets bad enough, maybe I'll try a different chiro. 
  • I'm at home with a sick kid today. Puke and diarrhea. Ah! She hasn't been tummy sick in a few years so we were way overdue. She's in good spirits, though, so there's that at least. Now let's hope the whole family doesn't catch it.  :#
    NOOOOO
    Anniversary       

• Is anyone else losing a lot of hair? I typically lose a decent amount when I wash my hair, but these past few days it's seemed like a ton. Kind of reminded me like the post-party's hair loss.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

NOOOOO
    Basically my reaction as well. Me + hand sanitizer = BFF right now.

• @Runningisrad - Ugh. I hope your kiddo feels better asap and no one else gets sick!

This morning I asked DH if he though I was looking pregnant at this point. I was asking because the shirt I'm wearing isn't as flowy as what I've had on recently. His response..."Yeah, you're starting to look pregnant". I kind of wish I had smacked him because hearing that just made me feel like crap. I swear, guys just don't get it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @LizC216 I'm not noticing hair loss, but I am noticing that belly hair is making it's unwanted appearance again.

@UnwritteN12 At least he's noticing something. My husband still insists he can't see any change in my body. Wait, I take that back... he told me he noticed during sex that my belly was starting to feel pregnant again. I honestly don't even know how to take that, and decided I need to stop asking.

• I put my retainers in after probably a year of not wearing them and surprisingly they fit despite being tight. I should probably start wearing them again... 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Even though I officially have a bump, it looks more like an extreme muffin top right now. I just want to be cute pregnant before I have to put on a swimsuit in April.

I'm with you. I can tell, my husband can tell, but I just feel like I look thick and fluffy to outside observers. 

• @Thurstobertay  That is an awesome shirt  :)
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• No extra hair loss for me but man am I getting some bad headaches! It's horrible, always in the same spot and lingers for days no matter what I do  :s
  • I think today is the first real day of bump emergence for me. I'm 15w1d with #3 and wearing a shirt that's a little bit more form fitting, and I swear it's there!

It's just a matter of time before I can wear this awesome shirt I picked up:

That's awesome!!

• @LizC216  I think I have extra hair loss, but I think it's growing faster.
  • jhems776 said:
    @LizC216  I think I have extra hair loss, but I think it's growing faster.
    I was thinking the same thing this morning!! I need a haircut!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Even though I officially have a bump, it looks more like an extreme muffin top right now. I just want to be cute pregnant before I have to put on a swimsuit in April.

Haha! This is me. I'm excited for a real bump. With a kicking baby. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • No extra hair loss for me but man am I getting some bad headaches! It's horrible, always in the same spot and lingers for days no matter what I do  :s
    I feel your pain. I've had migraines since I was 10 and lately I've been getting some bad ones. Tylenol just doesn't cut it.

• My daughter is just resting, watching the iPad so I started cleaning the kitchen. I've had to stop and rest twice. This fetus is wearing me out!

• It's so true! @LizC216 Tylenol is doing absolutely nothing. I wish I had other options. 
  • I work at a college so venturing out among the teens at lunchtime is always fun since it's so busy.  Today I braved the crowds for lunch but ending up getting stuck behind this guy who smelled like a combo of cigar smoke/bo/cologne  :s  Every time I tried to casually shift a little bit further away from him, he inched closer!  I am now sitting at my desk trying to breathe past the nausea; I really want to eat my fritos!

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • YES on the sciatic pain... I am not sure I have any real solutions, except as weird as it sounds, if I have my husband deep massage my glutes before bed, it seems to help me sleep without so much discomfort from the nerve pain....

• RedMar said:
    @Sporty1216 @blondie080300 I've been going to the chiropractor once a week (my OB approved it). It has helped a ton. It's so difficult having back pain and having to lift a toddler all the time! My chiro also said it should get better once the relaxin hormone sets in around 14 weeks - c'mon hormones lets do something good for a change!
    I never really thought about the timing of the relaxin hormone...  But I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and was just thinking earlier today that I haven't been having any abdominal pain in a few days.  Until recently, I had a pretty consistent, dull ache in my lower abdomen all. the. time.  Huh.  Thanks, relaxin!?

@geminigirl16 Headaches here, too.  I had them a lot with DD as well.  And I'm with @LizC216 (and ever pregnant woman, ever, most likely) - Tylenol does nothing.  I might as well just drink a glass of water as it has the same effect.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those with headaches (cause I'm too lazy to tag) I use peppermint oil and put a drop on my temples and the nape of my neck.  It definitely helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JennM205 I always joke with my husband that I might as well take 2 gummy bears instead...at least it would taste yummy!  ;)

• pilotswifeypilotswifey member
    edited March 2016
    @camichael84 I was just thinking the same thing! It seemed super odd to me...and an weird reason to close a thread. I've seen tons of threads go "off topic".

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • JennM205JennM205 member
    edited March 2016
    @camichael84 My theory is it was because of the "catfish" stories.  I'm sure TB has filters that comb through threads looking for certain keywords.  They probably want to shut down things like that quickly to protect their reputation.  And closing that one for "changing subjects" was convenient as it had turned slightly.  But, you're right, the thread was pretty much dead anyway.  Who knows.

Edited because words.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runningisrad : I was packing my son's lunch this morning and DH says, "Are you sick? Why are you breathing hard?" 
    "Because I'm fat and pregnant...thanks."

It's hard work growing a human!
    lmao

• @runningisrad haha that's awesome!! 

@Steephers123 that sounds absolutely terrible. Blah!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • There is no way I'm reading through this whole thread, but I just clicked over to see if there was anything fun going on.. 

@runningisrad I totally do not blame you at all!! We get little geckos and salamanders in our house (Hawaii problems haha) one time my husband was out of town and there was a gecko in my baby's room!! I called my neighbor to come get it for me because I was way too scared to even go in the room! She agreed with me that it was the biggest one she had seen... I still felt like such a wimp!

Pregnancy Ticker