Pregnant after IF

January/February IVF success group :)

Re: January/February IVF success group :)

• @morningstar80 that sounds like it was scary, glad it sounds like things are going well now. 

@wenikilina congrats on twins, how exciting!

Sometimes I kind of think I don't feel pregnant, but then others times I am feeling it. I have just been beyond exhausted, I would say that's the biggest thing. I feel like I use all my energy making it through the work day and then I come home and just crash. 

I have my second ultrasound on Thursday and if all is well I will be done with my RE and on to a regular obgyn. I didn't realize that would mean already having to decide what hospital I want to go to, there are lots of choices where I live. I guess that's a good thing but I feel like my head is spinning! Do you all have plans for where you will go?
  • Hi All!! Dropping in to catch up on your posts and see how you all are doing - hoping to join this board myself soon! But in the mean time, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you all :smile: 

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies, I just returned from my last u/s with my RE. I graduated today and as expected I cried as everyone gave me hugs and wished me luck. I went in nervous due to my lack of symptoms and Google but my LO is growing fast and heart rate is up to 174bpm. I go see my regular OB next week! I knew today would be emotional but I was unprepared. 

@Minnie1155 I work at the hospital I will be going to. Good luck tomorrow! 
  • @Jerseygirl856 congrats! My (fx) last appointment with my RE will be this Friday. Thank goodness because I can't afford anymore visits with her. 
  • Thank you @Selena2016! I get it. The co pays can add up quickly. But I know I'm going to miss those weekly ultrasounds. Good luck to you this Friday! 
  • Congrats @jerseygirl856!!!! So glad all is well with your LO!!!
    @minnie1155 I've made an appointment for April 6th with the regular OB that we will be switching to (my RE advised me to call now so I could get on their schedule). They are affiliated with UConn medical school (we are from Connecticut) so that is the hospital that we will use. My husband and I both feel comfortable with this decision, as my new OB lives 2 houses up from us and my husband went to dental school at UConn and I went to pharmacy school there as well. We can't complain....it's been good to us! 
  • Finished our first U/S today! We had a TV U/S from our doctor who immediately located the yolk sac and located the heartbeat. The heartbeat was around 95 bpm (our RE is a bit old-fashioned, he is not a talkative kind and he pretty much tells you how it is without sugarcoating it. My husband gets along so well with him, ask a question-silence-get an answer-silence-shakes hands walks out. Meanwhile I am about to explode inside.), but doc did not want to focus on it. He said per his experience, our chances of a successful pregnancy improved to greater than 90%.

Now the wait begins for the next u/s.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    2/25 BETA#2 12dp5dt - 604. Per betabase.info, the doubling time is 37.21 hours.
    3/9   U/S#1 (6w2d) - Yolk sac and heartbeat!!! Woo hoo!!!
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @laur24444! I can't wait to hear updates on everyone's LO! 
    Just wondering, is everyone still taking the same meds prior to their transfer? My RE has taken me off everything over a 2 week span. Today he said to stop crinone and I asked him why the sudden stop rather than ween me off. He said he doesn't think I need it but if I wanted to I could continue it for another week then stop. I thought I would stay on it up to my 10th or 12th week. 

• @jerseygirl856 I'm only doing PIO. After my transfer I was on baby aspirin and estradiol patches, those stopped for me when I got my BFP. It seems like everyone does something different though. I can't wait to be done with PIO!
  • @Minnie1155 I totally understand. When he took me off that over a week ago I was ecstatic. My rear is still recovering but each day is better than before. 
  • Graduated yesterday!
  • Minnie1155Minnie1155 member
    edited March 2016
    @selena2016 congrats! How far along are you? I graduated this week too at 7 weeks. I wish I could have stayed with my RE a little longer!

How's everyone been feeling? Morning sickness has hit me this week. It's been a struggle to figure out what I can eat, I realized quickly that not eating only makes it worse. 
  • Good morning!!! I just jumpers over from the infertility board. Just started my PIO injections and Holy smokes, my butt kills! Any pointers? 
    Hope you are all feeling well! I love checking in to see your updates!!! 
  • @alexiskiriluk what I have found helps most with the PIO is to ice first, massage the injection site immediately after, and then use a heating pad. I also try to walk/move around after doing the shot, it seems to help avoid the lumps. I have found I've sort of gotten used to it over time, though I can't wait to be done with them!
  • Congrats @selena2016!!! I go again tomorrow for an ultrasound at the RE (I will be 8 weeks 5 days) so we will see if I graduate as well! 
    @minnie1155 boooo to the appearance of morning sickness.....not fun! Knock on wood still none for me. I've had a wicked headache the past 2 days and have def been starving all the time. Feel a little bloated this weekend. I have had a feeling of slight indigestion in the morning, but no real nausea.
    @alexiskiriluk.....def what @minnie1155 said...ice the area first for like 5-10 mins and then you won't feel a thing going in. some days I still feel more sore after than others (or I'll randomly get a black and blue), but you get used it unfortunately! Did you have your transfer??!!
  • @laur2444 transfer is on Wednesday!!! 
    the RE nurse said not to ice or heat??? I think I'll call tomorrow and ask because my tush is for real about to fall off!!!! 
  • Congrats @Selena2016!
    @minnie1155 sorry to hear about your MS. I haven't experienced that yet. I do get nauseous during and after meals. And my appetite for food is limited to pizza and fresh fruit.
    @laur24444 good luck tomorrow! 
    So I've been told by my RE that it was safe to resume sexual activity but I've been afraid to. I feel bad for DH as he's been so cool about it but I know he wants to. It's been so long but thanks to google, I'm not sure I'll be ready until second tri. Am I being rational or too overprotective? 
  • Ahhhhh so exciting @alexiskiriluk !!!! I'll be waiting to hear from you with your bfp!! And my nurse is the one who told me to ice so I'm not sure!!
    @jerseygirl856 we are in the same boat....doctor said go ahead but you might bleed so don't be alarmed. I told my husband and he freaked out, so he doesn't want to yet either lol we haven't had sex for like 2 months it's so sad!! I'm sure we will soon, but obviously we are both just so nervous even though I know in my head nothing is going to happen.
  • @laur2444 thanks so much for reassuring my sanity. I've been going back and forth over this for some time. My RE didn't say I would bleed but did say it would probably be messy due to the Crinone. I'm pretty sure we would be fine but the nerves kick in and change my mind. I'll see what my OB says this week at my appt. 
  • @Minnie1155 I'm 10W3d.

My DH and I followed RE's direction and abstained for 3 weeks until we were cleared after our BFP. We have sex regularly and I have not bled. It's everyone's personal choice and I really needed to feel connected to him through all of the emotional ups and downs. So far no negative effects on our little bean. 
  • @alexiskiriluk The best thing you can do to help with itching and bumps is to use a rice bag on the stop for a few mins after your shot. A rice bag warms up and then cools unlike a heating pad. The bumps are from the oil not the progesterone getting stuck in your muscle. Also, try holding the shot in your hand a few mins before taking it to warm the oil to body temp. 

These se things have helped my DW a lot. 
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Just a quick update: We are now 7wks1day. We first saw and heard our LOs heartbeats at 6wks2 and the nurse said that's pretty unusual Bc it was so early. We've seen and heard the heartbeat twice already. Which is great. They are both beating over 125. The last time we were in on Wednesday my wife's hcg was 130K+! The morning sickness is so hard. She's been given something from the doc to help:  Diclegis. She had to increase the dose but it's finally helping. We are feeling good about everything. Today we tell my mom via a birthday card. 

"We want to wish a happy birthday to you, but first you should sit down because....

(inside) it's not one, it's TWO!!

(ultrasound photo)"

Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

• @Cmartin6706 that's such a cute idea!!!! Your mom is gunna die!!! Glad everything is going well for you 2, minus the morning sickness. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I'm home free since I haven't gotten any and I'm 8 weeks 5 days today. 

Went to the RE and I officially graduated! Baby looked great and was measuring a day ahead! Heart rate was 170 and I got to hear it! Crazy how in just 2 weeks it actually looks like a baby in there now!! So nervous to be on my own the next 3 weeks before my appointment at the regular OB, especially since the RE said to stop the progesterone shots! 
  • @Cmartin6706 sounds like a great update! I love how you are telling your mom!

@laur2444 congrats on graduating! I think I will be nervous when I stop the PIO too.

I officially made my first OB appointment, I was happy they scheduled it for next week when I will be 8 weeks and then another when I will be 11 weeks. I just can't wait to make it through the first trimester!
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited March 2016
    Congratulations @laur24444!! So happy to read all these positive updates on everyone's LOs! Big milestones for all of us!
    @minnie1155 I couldn't agree more! 
    Edited for spelling
  • Cmartin6706Cmartin6706 member
    edited March 2016
    Ladies who are carrying multiples: 

Book suggestion: "When You Are Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads" By Dr. Luke

This is the only one we could find that actually is any help. It talks about weight gain for reducing or eliminating the nicu stay, meal plans, extra vitamin recommendations (which we already started), picking out a doctor now that you are carrying multiples, labor, etc etc. One of my friends who gave birth to fraternal boys highly recommended it, too, and actually credits it with going full-term with her boys and not having any nicu stays. You have to get started reading it asap though. I borrowed it from my library and then bought the kindle version for $10 I think. 

I've also ordered Dr. Luke's book on how to reduce one's chances of preterm labor. Drinking a lot of water is one. That book won't be here for a few weeks though. Google her for her website. 

• Yessssss @mskeenan !!!!!!! So incredibly happy for you!!!! Welcome!!!! :) 
  • @mskeenan!!!!! I have been thinking about you!! I'm so excited for you- WELCOME!!!
  • @mskeenan I've been thinking about you all day!! I really thought your cramping was a good sign, but I didn't want to say anything in case it didn't work out. Eeeekk!!! Congrats momma!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Congratulations @mskeenan!!
  • Thank you @laur2444 @Selena2016 @riveridgional and @minnie1155 ! I am SO excited to be here. I'm so glad you are all doing well!

I know some of yall had said you feel this way too. This just doesn't feel real. I felt for sure I was going to get a BFN. I woke up in the middle of the night last night panicked that my body felt cooler (I've been running a low grade temp). I was freaking out thinking it was a bad sign. How do yall get through the waits between betas? I'm thinking positive but I'm so scared of something happening!! I am praying my beta number doubles tomorrow! I don't want this excitement and hope to be gone.

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan Welcome and congrats!! I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone being worried. We are 7w3d with twins, we've seen and heard heart beats twice and we are still nervous all the time especially right before an ultrasound. 

Also, with a beta that high don't be shocked if it's two. :smile: 

• Thank you @CMartin6706 I guess the worry doesn't go away :/ If it is twins I will definitely be checking out those resources you posted earlier in this thread. I won't have a CLUE what to do! I work with a lot of twin babies/toddlers and I'm always amazed at how their parents do it!  I can't even imagine how exciting it must have been to hear not one but TWO heartbeats!! How exciting for yall!

This sounds crazy, but my husband's family has a family friend who is "psychic". I'm not sure if I believe in that kind of stuff but this psychic woman has predicted a lot of things for my husband's family members. Before we were even trying to get pregnant (thus didn't know we had fertility issues) the woman came out and said that we were going to have twins one day. When I was diagnosed with infertility and the doctor told me that treatments would put me at a higher likelihood of multiples it freaked me out! We shall see if her prediction comes true....

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan I feel like the worrying and believing it is too good to be true will never go away! I went for my second ultrasound this week and it's so nerve wrecking before each one. Now I wait until April 6th to go to the regular OB and I will be almost 12 weeks at that point (I'm 9 weeks today)....I don't know how I am going to survive the 2 1/2 weeks until then!!!  Did you transfer more than one?? I always said I would have loved twins, but our RE only would transfer 1 since it was our first IVF cycle and I'm 29 with no genetic issues in the family. I'm sure your beta will double beautifully, so try to relax (even though I know you probably won't!! Lol) 
  • @mskeenan it helped me to focus on what was in my control. Eating super clean became my obsession. Making sure I are enough from each food group, drinking tons of water staying low stress and positive happy thoughts. Nothing can prevent a loss but study show things woman have fine to make it less likely. 
  • Had anyone had their first appointment with their OB yet? I'm just wondering about what to expect. It doesn't look like dh will be able to come with me, but if it's an appointment that would be helpful to have another person at I have someone who has offered to come. Just curious about others experiences. Thanks!
  • Good morning! Hope you are all feeling well!! 
    I just had my transfer yesterday and was wondering how long you all took it easy? I don't want to over do it but I don't want to just sit around all day!!! 
    Also, for all of you who gave advice on the PIO shots, thank you, they are getting better (or I'm just getting used to them ;-)) 
  • Congrats @alexiskiriluk!!! How do you feel? I would base what you do on that. My RE said it was fine to resume normal activity the next day. Although I had taken off from work, I enjoyed a 5 mile walk and ran a few errands. I felt totally fine!! I obviously wouldn't climb a mountain, but don't feel like you have to lay in bed all day!