February 2016 Moms

Confessions of a Tired Mama

Re: Confessions of a Tired Mama

• Loading the player...
  • I have been getting enough sleep. BUT that is only because DH has been picking up the slack absolutely everywhere. He's been cleaning (sort of), cooking and giving me the small minutes to take a shower, pee, scarf down the food he made, etc. He goes back to work on Friday! Wah!
    My confession? I just got a bunch of hot dogs, pre-made chicken nuggets and cereal for the weekend with a toddler. Little to no effort to keep up with real nutrition.

• I hurry to get in bed in the morning after LO nurses so that H will get up with DD1 (2.5) and I can sleep in. I made it back in the bed by 5 minutes before DD woke this morning, so I got to sleep an extra hour. I was proud of myself. I'm screwed when H goes back to work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited March 2016
    Today at the park, another mom was like, "Look at you! Showered and all put together!" I didn't tell her that I showered at 1:30 am because of the disgusting night sweats...

eta - PS any STMs out there remember about how long they last??
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish I'm 4 weeks pp (tomorrow) and they have definetly gone way down (not sure if they are gone for good-I hope so). It definetly peaked between weeks 2 and 3 but so far this last week I haven't been waking up drenched in sweat, yuck! If I'm remembering correctly the first time around it lasted about the same time frame as now. 
  • lilqt3929 said:
    @MississippiCatfish I'm 4 weeks pp (tomorrow) and they have definetly gone way down (not sure if they are gone for good-I hope so). It definetly peaked between weeks 2 and 3 but so far this last week I haven't been waking up drenched in sweat, yuck! If I'm remembering correctly the first time around it lasted about the same time frame as now. 
    Okay, that's doable. Thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish I was drenched in sweat the first couple nights, but since then, I've been freezing! DD1 was a summer baby, so maybe that's why, but I don't remember being this cold last time. 

• I let baby cry himself to sleep for naps in the swing. It doesn't last long but he's just a generally fussy baby and he actually cries even if I'm rocking/bouncing/singing etc so I've learned to let him cry and I get stuff done and before you know it he's sound asleep. He's on Zantac now for his reflux and switched formulas which seems to be helping with the constipation so hopefully he'll start being more content. 

Im pretty sure I'm dealing with ppd. I'm talking to my ob about it at my 6 week appointment Thursday. I'm actually excited to get back on meds to help me think straight. I'm just struggling with the fact that depression is an actual illness. I always feel it's my fault and that I should be able to "just be happy." I've struggled with it my entire life. I was the complete opposite after having DD though, emotional I felt wonderful until she was about 10 months old. This time I felt great from weeks 2-4 and now I'm emotionally struggling. 

Ramble much?!
  • @jadkins2 thank goodness I am not the only one thinking crazy like this!!  DS is 3.5weeks and DD turns 2 later this month.  We weren't sure if we wanted 2 or 3 kids, but since we have one of each and this pregnancy sucked so much, we had pretty much decided that we were done.  Then on Saturday I went to a kids consignment sale and saw a bunch if pregnancy ladies at the "cute bump" part of their pregnancies and I found myself longing to do it all again!!  When I told DH, he said "I think that we're okay with two" (we're kind of a hot mess right now).
  • @jadkins2 Yep, you're crazy ;) 

• I totally never thought I would co sleep with LO on a regular basis. we bought a lulyboo bassinet to put in bed for naps and the occasional fussy night but she sleeps so amazing in it I've been using it every night. I sleep way better too with DD right next to me and at least with the bassinet I know she's safe. Poor DH gets kicked out to sleep in the guest room every night but I need my sleep so I'm doing whatever works right now 
  • I think having twins has done my husband and I in! We wanted three. Definitely done. Two is good. Loved being pregnant, but two babies is tough!! 
  • @jadkins2 I told my husband yesterday I miiiiiight consider having a fourth!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm right there with you ladies @jadkins2 and @MississippiCatfish. I have two girls, a 2 year old and a 2 week old. DH and I have discussed before that 2 is perfect for us. (Man to man defense) but now I don't feel ready to be done with babies. Plus i realize with the second love truly multiplies and not divides. If money and my age weren't an issue ( I just turned 36) I would be completely convinced for a third. So we will see. 
  • I fall asleep while breastfeeding sometimes at night. I've been doing it since in the hospital, not as often now. But goodness does it scare and worry me. I just can't help it though!
  • I'm lucky if I don't fall asleep during a night feeding with my baby boy. I sit sideways on my glider with my leg propped up to hold my arm while I nurse. I got the kindle app on my phone and borrow e-books from the library to help me stay awake during the feedings but lately, I fall asleep on purpose in the chair just so I know I get some sleep at night. My neck and tailbone seem to be getting used to it now, they don't hurt so much after my lil naps.
  • Lurker from n15, between a 4 month old getting up for his night feeding, making my husbands lunch and getting him up at 130, a 21 month old that needs his diaper changed in his sleep so he doesn't pee through it and a 9 month old Great Dane that has to go out every hour, I enjoy reading all the community months!! Both our kids are boys plus my husband has two boys from his first marriage and I still want to try for another one because I so desperately want a girl! I know I'm a little bananas because it's so much going on but I loved being pregnant even though I was sicker than a dog. With both kids I had extreme morning sickness til 27 weeks pregnant. And when I say extreme, I mean throwing up 10+ times a day. Anything that went in my mouth I threw it up. Hospitalized for it and on meds for it as well. I lost 30+ pounds with both kids. I just miss feeling the little one inside me. Hoping to get pregnant soon though. Okay done rambling. Time to try to sleep again
  • Today at the grocery store I let my 3 yr old son pee behind my Suv because LO was screaming and I didn't want to go back in the store and find a bathroom.

Last week I had just got LO to sleep in his RnP and I started to doze off on the couch with my 3 yr old. He took one of his socks off and rubbed it on my face trying to make me wake up. I let that go on for several minutes before opening my eyes. 

These are awesome!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This is 100% me today. LO slept like crap through the night and I think I'm coming down with something. Ugh!!
  • I find myself throwing poptarts on the table and cartoons on the TV in the morning just praying that the twins will stay napping for a bit (after getting up super early and not wanting to go back to sleep) and my older two will not kill each other so I can sleep for an extra 15 minutes. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I find myself throwing poptarts on the table and cartoons on the TV in the morning just praying that the twins will stay napping for a bit (after getting up super early and not wanting to go back to sleep) and my older two will not kill each other so I can sleep for an extra 15 minutes. 
    When I was pregnant, I'd let my 3 year old watch Paw Patrol on my phone, in my bed, EVERY morning. I just wanted a few. More. Minutes. 

DH has either been home on paternity leave or going in late to work, so I haven't had to deal with the early morning wake ups yet since baby came. Not looking forward to it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish I totally let DD watch Disney Jr on my phone while nursing DS in the morning and before bed
    in fact since DH is gone for the night I'll probably let DD just sleep in my bed because it so much easier. She never slept in anything but her bed before baby
  • Today's 3am feeding was completed while I was on the toilet. Yes, I dragged her bassinet into the bathroom. 

Then later today, I used the toilet while she slept in the moby wrap on my chest.

I've reached a whole new level. 
  • Today's 3am feeding was completed while I was on the toilet. Yes, I dragged her bassinet into the bathroom. 

Then later today, I used the toilet while she slept in the moby wrap on my chest.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the bathroom while holding a baby.  I think I've gone alone less often then I have with a child on my lap/strapped to my chest/precariously balanced in one arm. Sorry, kids. Mama has got to go, too! My toddler now asks "just pee, mama?" And announces "it's stinky!". No shit, kid.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the bathroom while holding a baby.  I think I've gone alone less often then I have with a child on my lap/strapped to my chest/precariously balanced in one arm. Sorry, kids. Mama has got to go, too! My toddler now asks "just pee, mama?" And announces "it's stinky!". No shit, kid.
    #reallife #momlife ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This is super TMI, but with DD1, I always had an intense urge to poop when I nursed her for the first couple weeks! Poor kid would be breastfeeding while I was on the toilet ☺️