December 2015 Moms
Options

I feel gross

I guess this may sound stupid to some but I'd really like to know that im not alone. My son is 11 weeks old today. Before he was born I was so confident with myself and I told myself I'd never be upset about my post baby body because everyone goes through it and it's a truly beautiful experience. The older he's getting the worse im feeling about myself. I know I'm not "fat", I just have some weight to lose and toning to do. But I just feel so down about myself. I feel disgusting. And my biggest concern is my boobs. They just look so different :( I feel like such an idiot complaining about this but I just can't seem to shake this feeling. I feel so unattractive and bad about myself. Does anyone feel this way? Do boobs ever go back at least a little bit? My SO and I still haven't had sex yet and I think it's mostly because I feel gross.Ugh, anyone? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I feel gross

• Options
    I'm still at my pregnancy weight! With a toddler around who has time!? Here and there I do crunches and run with my jogging stroller but that's the most I can get in
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) I know I'm not disgusting but I sure feel like it! I live in Washington too, and the sun is still in hiding :( that makes it worse! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes when the sun is out it will be easier ( I'm in Vancouver BC)
    mom butt here :|
  • Options
    I feel the same. I only weigh 5 pounds more than I did pre pregnancy but I just feel flabby and blah. I am telling myself having a winter baby is part of it (cold and gloomy here in MI). I still haven't done the deed either. After helping my husband move a couch I bled a little so now I'm scared. I think going back to work in 2 weeks may help make me feel better about myself. You're not alone thoUgh! I'm telling myself the warmer weather and some sunshine will help! 
  • Options
    Yep, sooo feel the same. And it totally doesn't help that Spokane is still so dreary out. Btw did you guys get hit by the crazy wind storm at your house? We luckily didn't loose power but we just got our yard cleaned up a few days ago :/

Me (36) + DH(35) = Married 9yrs!
    BFP #1 May 2010! mc @11weeks blighted ovum, natural mc.
    BFP #2 Sept 2010! mc @9 weeks, natural mc. Diagnosed with Prothrombin Gene Mutation or Factor II (hetro)-baby asprin while ttc, Found out the hard way that I am deathly allergic to aspirin- OB put me on Heparin injections.
    BFP #3 July 2011 with DS (whom was diagnosed with bilateral trans-radial limb deficiency at 20 week A/S-with no answers why) born 4-12-12.
    BFP #4 March 2013! Early mc @6weeks.
    BFP #5 Sept 2013 EDD June 5th, DS#2 born 5-31-14
    BFP #6 April 2015 EDD December 21st Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   

• Options
    I just had a meltdown about this! I feel gross and flabby and I used to run and that is hard now...I feel like I've lost myself. I was always active and in decent shape and not being active for so long AND this new mom bod has me down. I just keep trying to remind myself that it took 9 months to get here, it'll take at least that long to get back. 
  • Options
    The thing that helped me feel better was to get new clothes. Higher rise pants and some looser fitting shirts. I was wearing maternity clothes for 10 weeks after I had her because I thought I would be getting back in to my old clothes. Getting the new clothes made me look and feel a lot better. I read an article that said if should take you as long to get the weight off as it did to put it on. I know it's hard but it does get better. 
  • Options
    I feel yucky too. And I was the thinnest I've ever been about a year postpartum with my son so I know I will get there but yah, it sucks. I hear you.  
  • Options
    I am struggling with this too, and I was never one to worry about my weight or how I looked before pregnancy. For me, DTD with my husband helped me to feel more confident, because by some small miracle he still thinks I am sexy, mom butt and stretch marks and all. It might be worth giving it a try. It also made me feel more like my old self, and not just a mommy milk machine. 
  • Options
    The biggest challenge for me was this little voice of doubt in my mind everytime my hubby would try to love on me. I would think about how different everything felt for me and whether he would still enjoy... me, but I know now that those kinds of thoughts are damaging and hard to shake.

After I got my IUD, it took another week before I could even THINK about getting intimate with him. I felt I needed to prepare and pamper myself. I got my hair cut and nails done, then I saved up enough pumped milk for MIL to be able to take baby for the night. Everything else happened organically.

If you are struggling, your SO needs to be your crutch. Like PP have said there are few circumstances that would result in getting your pre-preggo body back in three months, but that is no reason to not be happy with yourself. Feel pretty in every other way you can until you find the time to work on your body. 
  • Options
    I am also struggling with this. I'm happy with my weight now, but the stretch marks are ridiculous. I had a couple with my son, but my stomach looks like DD was trying to claw her way out!  I'm hoping things look a little better by the summer. 
  • Options
    Right there with you. DD is 11 weeks and I just feel awful about how I look. I'm 20 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and my belly is flabby. On top of that, none of my clothes fit right, I desperately need a haircut and eyebrow wax, and whenever I do find the rare time to do my hair, my DD spits up in it, so it's usually in a hastily made bun. For my first kid, I don't remember having so much low self esteem about my appearance, or having a hard time with clothing. Maybe because it was summer. 

For me, the tough thing is that my DH and I are having some disagreements about how often he is out with friends. (At least 4 nights every week, well past midnight. Sometimes every single night). This wasn't a problem with the first kid, but with this kid, it's like every time I look in the mirror, I think "No wonder he doesn't have a huge desire to stay home...." Also no sex yet. 

So yeah, I'm right there with you! Don't worry. I have faith that this will all pass in a few months.... 
  • Options
    I'm the same. Still about 20# to go pre pregnancy and I was in really good shape . Just recently started meeting with a few moms in my area working out and meeting about healthy eating. It's definetly made me realize I need to change my eating habits and keeps me motivated to work out. 
  • Options
    To help combat the pooch and extra weight I have...I wear my belly band.  My pants fit but that helps them fit...better.
  • Options
    I feel gross too. I loved being pregnant because I actually felt confident in my own skin for once and now I just feel flabby. I hate getting dressed to go anywhere because I don't feel confident in any real clothes I have. I got a few pairs of leggings and looser sweaters and that helped a bit.
  • Options
    I have mom bod of the first degree! I am ten lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and  have been since about one week post partum and it's just sticking there. And my hips are ginormous and my boobs look super national geographic like. The biggest problem for me is that my clothes don't fit and I do not have the time or desire to buy clothes I don't plan on wearing ever again. I won't lie, it's not my favorite, but I feel like I have zero time to exercise. I have little time and large amounts of mom guilt!
  • Options
    The clothes situation is the most depressing. This mom pouch kills my confidence! I feel like my stomach will never look the same. Never mind the stretch marks which I got everywhere. I try not to let those get to me because if I can get back in shape otherwise I think I'll be happy. Dieting started today so I'm hoping I can stick with it!
  • Options
    Wow! So glad to know I'm not alone..I still have about 15lbs until I'm back to my prepregnancy weight. I was so tight and toned before and I'm just not seeing results. I love DH to pieces but he is tough on me and has high expectations for what  I should be getting done in a day. And DD just eats and eats and eats plus refuses to use anything but me for a pacifier. I feel so incredibly gross. I haven't washed my hair in a week because i barely have time to shower. I had fun being pregnant and would like more children but the way I'm feeling right now makes me reconsider 
  • Options
    kleshellekleshelle member
    edited March 2016
    Yes I'm struggling so hard with this tonight! Earlier today I was trying to find a top to put on and I literally went thru 20 tops until I ran across one that wasn't completely unflattering. From then on it went downhill... Tried to take our monthly family photo and all I seen were my cheeks. My SO took my phone to try to take the pic and said "this angle doesn't make you seem so... Fat." Okay. Okay.   O k a y. I have to bribe him half the time for him to have intercourse with me and even then he seems... Distant. So needless to say I'm going to treat myself to a FULL day of pampering and shopping for a few tops. I actually weigh less than I did before but I look bigger HOW DOES THAT WORK?!? I'm so tired still especially trying to get in a routine working full time I feel so guilty to take anymore time away from my baby I feel like my mom raises her as is with how much I work. Just keep your chin up girl! It's only been 3 months! Once they're mobile I'm sure we will be working some more off chasing them around! I'm trying to stay as positive as I can.
  • Options
    I was slender pre pregnancy and then I gain 60 lbs when pregnant. It took me a while to be okay with my pregnant body and now it's just flab, uneven boobs, and purple strech marks in all the wrong places. I've been feeling so down about myself. I don't feel attractive. I don't look attractive. I lost 20 lbs off the table, and 15 just breastfeeding but I have almost 30 more to go to be back to before. And DH never helps either. He doesn't act attracted to me anymore. He impregnantes me, I endure extreme changes to my body, I have a baby yanked out of me, and now you don't want me? Thanks again. I even tried to buy myself some dresses to fit me for the summer, and I had to shop plus size and they still look a little tight. And with my pooch I look 5 months pregnant. 
    I'm an extreme mess with my self esteem. It's at a complete 0 right now. 
  • Options
    Yes, I definitely feel gross too! I am 20 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight and my boobs are droopy ugh. I have to pick them up several times after I take a shower to get the area underneath dry. Like pp said though, having sex with dh will make you feel better! At least, it's very reassurring for me even though he complained that my boobs swing now instead of bounce. He must still like them a little bit though because he has lamented the fact that he can't play with them without them"trying to give him a drink." Anyway, you are definitely not alone.
  • Options
    Wow...it's nice to know I'm not alone, but it makes me so sad all of you feel this way, too. I guess we need to remember we had a baby, and all the beauty we once had they have now ;P kidding, I am sure there is hope for all of us! We just need to try to love ourselves for how we are now, eat healthy and get some exercise (as if it were possible). 

Are you talking about the windstorm from November? We didn't have power for about 3 days, lost some shingles and a branch but honestly we had it good compared to others. @Brookerose978

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CharLG yes, that's the one! Oh good, glad to hear you didn't go through all the craziness. So many uprooted trees everywhere :/ We were lucky too, being so pregnant at the time it was kinda scary

Me (36) + DH(35) = Married 9yrs!
    BFP #1 May 2010! mc @11weeks blighted ovum, natural mc.
    BFP #2 Sept 2010! mc @9 weeks, natural mc. Diagnosed with Prothrombin Gene Mutation or Factor II (hetro)-baby asprin while ttc, Found out the hard way that I am deathly allergic to aspirin- OB put me on Heparin injections.
    BFP #3 July 2011 with DS (whom was diagnosed with bilateral trans-radial limb deficiency at 20 week A/S-with no answers why) born 4-12-12.
    BFP #4 March 2013! Early mc @6weeks.
    BFP #5 Sept 2013 EDD June 5th, DS#2 born 5-31-14
    BFP #6 April 2015 EDD December 21st Lilypie Pregnancy tickers