October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Menu/Meal Check-In! (Mar-5)

What's your menu this week?

GTKY: Do you love cooking? Hate it? Meh?

Re: Weekly Menu/Meal Check-In! (Mar-5)

• Options
    I can't be bothered this week to make an actual menu. After a week of benadryl, I decided to stop taking it, and MS came back in full force today. Maybe I'll start it up again...

I just know I'm making those spaghettios from last week's discussion. Probably a really big batch too so I can eat it all week for lunch.

I'm not a fan of cooking on a regular basis. It's fun when there's a good reason to do it, like a holiday or some special occasion. I like to go all out for that. But as far as actually coming home from work and doing it Every. Single. Day... I'll pass. Except I can't pass. It must be done or we will starve.
  • Options
    Menu this week: eating everything in the fridge before we leave for the Bahamas on friday!!!!!! :smiley: 
    Which includes steak, chicken, squash, tomato basil salad (my favorite) and probably have to turn to some good old spaghetti towards the end of the week!

Do I like cooking?  Sometimes. Not for just myself though. I enjoy it when DH enjoys it and I'm pretty sure he'd eat dirt if I put it in a bowl, I'm very thankful he's not picky! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. Trying to avoid a week of frozen pizza, but food is so not appealing right now. I was supposed to hit Costco today and just didn't have it in me. Hopefully I'll feel like meal planning tomorrow. 

Carbs have been my friends lately, so probably a week of pastas lol. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mon:some kind of stirfry udon noodle dish tues: salmon/sweet potato/grilled tomato/asparagus.
    weds:crockpot chorizo chili
    thurs: stuffed bellpeppers withleftover chili
    fri: mixed veggies with rice
    sat: frozen pizza haha
    sunday: chicken withsweet onion sauce, sweet potato, either asparagus or zucchini (whatever isn't rotted by Sunday)

O16 April Siggy
  • Options
    Last week y'all inspired me.

Monday: Homemade Zuppa Tuscana Soup
    Tuesday: Tacos
    Wednesday: Grilled Chicken and asparagus
    Thursday: Rosemary & Garlic Lamb Burgers
    Friday: Cobb Pasta Salad

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    This thread is giving me so many ideas because I'm the absolute worst at meal planning! 

GTKY: I hate cooking. I want to like it and I've tried to but I just don't.  :( But I know I have to because my children must eat somehow. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    klvklv member
    In no particular order:

chicken pot pie
    grilled pork chops
    spaghetti with broccoli and chicken
    salmon cakes
    Beef and broccoli
  • Options
    I made a very poor decision on food for today.  DH has been cooking so much I wanted to give him the night off on Sunday.  I have been cooking a pork boston butt in the slow cooker since midnight last night and the smell is making me gag. :(  I'm about to put the crockpot in our hall bathroom.

I bought cobb salads for lunch Monday - Wednesday as I will be going to WDW on Thursday!  

For dinners this week we are doing the slow cooker pork boston butt, cheeseburgers, pizza, and most likely some kind of fish.

GTKY: Do you love cooking? Hate it? Meh?  I hate cooking because I am always paranoid about cooking something thoroughly enough without making it charred.  My DH does most of the cooking, although I am a pro at the crock pot.  I'm an excellent baker, though!
  • Options
    The plan this week: 
    M: meatloaf muffins, mashed potatoes, peas
    T: tilapia wraps, corn and black beans
    W: grilled pork chops, butternut squash, green beans
    Th: grilled chicken, asparagus/squash/mushroom sautee
    F: chicken, broccolli, cheese and rice casserole

GTKY: I love to cook, but have been so exhausted when I get home from work that I've only been putting in the minimum effort. Also, the smell of cooking meat is not doing it for me. So, I'm going to prep what I can today, and let the hubs do most of the meat on the grill this week. 
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sun-Grilled Chicken and baked homemade fries
    Mon-Zucchini and Sweet Corn pie
    Tues-Veggies
    Wed-Breakfast for dinner
    Thuds-Leftovers
    Friday-going out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. 

I love cooking especially new recipes and I love to bake! 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    ChefWalkerChefWalker member
    edited March 2016
    Menu this week:
    Monday: swedish meatballs with buttered noodles and salad
    Tuesday: some kind of grilled fish, probably salmon and quinoa and salad
    Wednesday: roasted leg of lamb and roasted potatoes and broccoli
    Thursday: leftovers
    Friday-Sun: Chicken fried brown rice on one of these nights, will do leftovers or go out on the other nights

I love cooking! Menu planning can definitely be a challenge for me. I find that if I plan out a whole week of dinners, I usually end up over or under buying. I have found what works better for me is to plan 1-2 recipes to cook and to get the ingredients with my Sunday shopping. Then mid week I will stop at the grocery store on my home from work and pick up ingredients for 1-2 more recipes once I have a better sense of what the week will look like. I also try to cook in bulk and we eat a lot of leftovers. I don't love leftovers but it's better than cooking every night! 

• Options
    @Piperella I can't stand the smell of Boston butt cooking even when I'm not preggo. sometimes it smells worse than others. I can't imagine during pregnancy. 

O16 April Siggy
  • Options
    Craving comfort food lately  :p
    Chicken noodle soup
    Steak w/ salad and Brazilian cheese rolls
    BBQ pulled pork with greens
    Grilled chicken w/ broccoli salad
    Parmesean crusted pork chops w/sautéed green beans and cherry tomatoes

GTKY: Do you love cooking? Hate it? Meh? Love cooking! I also have the privilege of having an amazing sous chef  :D DD2 is quite the little helper in the kitchen <3  
    D&E  <3 2/08/2008 <3
    DD1 7/31/2008 <3
    DD2 6/16/2010 <3
    DD3 5/10/2012 <3
    IUD surprise pregnancy/MC 2015  :'(
    Little Rainbow Due 10/2/2016  <3

• Options
    I'm getting some good inspiration from this thread!

M: Whole roasted lemon herb chicken with roasted carrots and cauliflower
    T: Chicken Caesar salad with cheesy garlic bread
    W: Personal chicken pot pies (made with Monday's chicken)
    R: Pork stir fry with napa cabbage, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts, and spinach over rice
    F: out!
    S: Carnitas tacos
    S: Homemade pizza

GTKY: I love cooking, for the most part. I enjoyed it a lot more before my daughter was born. Now I try to cook a lot more speedy meals because time with her/down time as a family is really important for my sanity. My appetite has been really wonky in first tri, which kills my desire to cook some nights. Fortunately my husband is a good cook and a good sport, so he's been happy to fill in for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a cold and weird food aversions so I'm blessing myself for putting together a bunch of freezer meals a few weeks ago. I couldn't look at the red pepper chicken and rice DH and the kids had last night so I had leftover lentil soup. Tonight is quinoa broccoli chicken casserole  (fingers crossed I can handle that), then will do a chickpea curry, ground turkey and veg soup, and definitely fish and chips from freezer bags at least one night DH is out of town, since pregnancy is making me crave processed crap and my kids love it but I'm feeling guilty about it. Also probably tacos, and maybe baked chicken legs with potatoes and asparagus since my son insisted on buying two bunches of asparagus yesterday. Yay for asparagus season! And more lentil soup since that is all I want to eat right now.

I generally love to cook. Especially interesting ethnic dishes with 9 million specialty ingredients. I hate everything right now, though. I generally dislike baking  (so many dirty dishes!) but I do more of it when I'm pregnant. Maybe that's why DH wanted a third.
  • Options
    Monday- Steak Salad
    Tuesday- Stuffed Bell Peppers
    Wednesday- Leftovers
    Thursday- It's our first US apt so we will probably go out!
    Friday- Tilapia

I LOVE cooking and baking, my husband is also a decent cook so that makes life a lot easier.
  • Options
    E=Mc3E=Mc3 member
    I'm going to have the following:
    M- pork pad thai
    T- hubby going in to hub village and will bring back take out food.
    W- Stuffed peppers with caribou
    Th- spaghetti because I have a late class for work
    F- teriyaki salmon with fried rice and steamed broccoli.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    E=Mc3E=Mc3 member
    chickpea curry
    Yum!!!! Curry!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Sun: Turkey meatballs and rigatoni

Mon: Beef stroganoff

Tues: Enchilada orzo

Wed: Fig Balsamic pork tenderloin w biscuits and roasted zucchini

I love cooking!

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm really bad and don't usually have a "menu." Especially right now, it depends on what sounds good at the moment. I'm thinking for this week;
    -cheeseburgers
    -chicken pie
    -tacos or fried burritos or enchilada casserole
    -grilled chicken salad
    -pulled pork/.BBQ

GTKY: I generally love cooking! but right now I'm too drained by the time i get home so DH has been doing it for me.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    All you ladies make me so jealous! I love to cook and eat but ever since getting pregnant everything seems like a chore to eat! No MS but horrible horrible food aversions. I can't even think of what I am going to eat before I eat it because it make my stomach turn. I am hoping after the first trimester my food aversions go away and I am back to normal and can join this board!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I worked up the energy to put a Stauffer's frozen lasagna in the oven today. Miraculously, I was able to eat it, and it was good! Sadly though, I still haven't learned to slow down and chew more, because 5 minutes later, I'm so bloated I could explode.

Hopefully I remember tomorrow when I have it again for lunch... 
  • Options
    I was tired and opted for frozen pierogies tonight. I ate too fast too. bleck

O16 April Siggy
  • Options
    DH made rice and bulgogi. So I basically failed. Haha.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    Managed to stick to meal planning so far, my husband is VERY picky and would happily eat Dominos pizza every night if I let him. Tonight is pizza night though I might just eat fruit. I've had an aversion to heavy fats and oils lately (I have no gallbladder and IBD so this isn't new). I did eat some eggs this morning but the majority of my diet has consisted of oranges, lemons, grapefruits, and carrots. Made an amazing Lemon Pound Cake last night so that was a good fix for my citrus cravings.