September 2015 Moms
Options

Diaper Problem--Update

CEW225CEW225 member
edited March 2016 in September 2015 Moms
LO is in size 2 diapers, currently wearing the Pampers brand.  We usually don't have an issue with leaking during the day, but we have been having trouble at night.  She has had 2 poop blowouts during the day with these diapers but I wasn't here for either one, so I don't know if it was because the diaper wasn't on great or what. 

LO has started sleeping on her stomach more times than not, which is fine, but if we don't do a MOTN diaper change, then her whole front has been soaked in the mornings.  At first we thought it was sweat, but it only goes part of the way up her onesie and the rest is dry, so I think it's leaked instead.

Any advice on what to do?

Re: Diaper Problem--Update

• Options
    Have you tried a bigger diaper? Maybe just at night?
  • Options
    I would say a bigger diaper or a special night time diaper by pampers. My LO just went into 4s from huggies which is 22 to 37 lbs but we were squeezing him into 3s and he was having leaking in the front as well even though he about 18 pounds. The blow outs are a definite indicator that you might need to go up a size. What weight is your LO? Pampers size two is up to 18 and size 3s are 16 to 28 pounds but like I said the huggies 3s just werent cutting it. I like how taller the 4s are on his belly while the 3s were starting to look like hipster undies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wondered if a bigger diaper would be the answer.  She is probably 16.5 pounds or so.  Maybe a little bigger.
  • Options
    I agree, a bigger diaper might do the trick. My LO had a blowout yesterday and I am thinking it is time for a size 3.
  • Options
    Bigger diaper. We hardly stayed in 2 before we were having leaks and bumped up to 3. 
  • Options
    Agree with PP.  Nighttime leaks were always our sign that we needed to size up.  
  • Options
    I don't know why but I always had those problems with pampers and I switched to huggies and its fine... Not usually a brand loyalty person but if I have to clean up blow outs in one and not the other guess which one I'm buying... Maybe it's a body type thing?
  • Options
    Definitely size up. I always know it's time to size up when LO pees through the diaper at night, no matter what brand it still happens. He was only in size 3s for like a week before we had to move up to size 4s. I'm to the point I don't even go by the weight that the diapers list. It has yet to be accurate.
  • Options
    My boy is 16 lbs he's definitely in size 3
  • Options
    Did size 3 last night and her belly was still wet this morning.  This was a Huggies size 3 so maybe try Pampers?  Or an overnight diaper?  
  • Options
    We use cloth in the day, but disposables at night because she's a heavy wetter (cloth works-but she needed a gigantic diaper). We use size 4 Naty's and make it 13h with no leaks. So you might need to size up even more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jenboston22jenboston22 member
    edited March 2016
    Whenever we have this problem we go up a size and it helps. We use Bambo Nature diapers and love them (I didn't want to do cloth, but I also wanted an eco-friendly and natural diaper, hence Bambo. They're more expensive than Pampers, Huggies, etc., although the price is not too bad when bought in bulk through Amazon using their Subscribe & Save program).
  • Options
    We had this problem, too! And we bought one size up just for night time...they are huge but they keep her from leaking out. Also, cutting back a feeding at night helped (dunno if your LO is getting up at night to eat, but it helped us!)
  • Options
    @cait040415 She normally wears a size 2 during the day so we tried a size 3, but she still leaked out.  Maybe we should try a 4?  She also does a MOTN feeding, but I have no idea how to get her to stop.  We are working on starting food so maybe that will help.
  • Options
    Leaking and blowouts are always our key to sizing up too. I would definitely try a size 4 for overnight and see if that helps, if not maybe try a small pack of a different brand. Different brands definitely work better for different body types!
  • Options
    CEW225CEW225 member
    edited March 2016
    So we tried sizing up to a 3 and that didn't work but we didn't have any 4s available and couldn't get to the store.  We pulled out a pack of Pampers we had that are size 2 and they haven't leaked a bit *knock on wood*.  I don't know what type of Pampers they are off the top of my head (we have more in storage), but DH says he thinks they are their version of overnight dapers for this age. YAY! 

ETA: Thanks for all of your responses!
  • Options
    @CEW225 Pampers are great! I am glad those worked out for you :)