July 2015 Moms

Sensory Books

Does anyone know of any really good sensory books? A long time ago I bought "Have You Ever Tickled a Tiger" by Betsy Snyder. My LO one loves it. We have been trying to find others for her, but we are coming up empty. The book has a few touch and feel materials. Her favorite is Velcro and it is sooooooooo cute to watch her rub her fingers on the hedgehog's side.

Re: Sensory Books

• My son has a favorite book and it has touch and feel material for different animals and on the side it has the handle to move the head of the elephant, it's called Sniff. He loves it, got it at TJ Max for $5, but I'm sure Amazon has it too! 
  • I'm an infant/Preschool teacher and the babies LOVE a series of books "That's not my monkey" "That's not my truck" etc that have touchy feely on every page! We orderd a ton for our classroom! 
  • Loading the player...
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @fridley6 Those are adorable. We have really gotten into dinosaurs, and the "That's Not My Dinosaur" is adorable. Plus it looks less destructive than her "Have you ever Tickled a Tiger" book.
  • My boy is loving this book, Noisy Farm. It has something to feel for each animal with a hidden button to push to hear the sound it makes. Too cute!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @mrsrep123, I've thought about this book before. My LO didn't seem too interested when we tried it at the store. That being said, we were at the store and she had a lot to look at. Lol. 
  • I loved Pat the Bunny as a kid and my LO loves it now.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    We were going to look at the "that's not my..." books, but we found this cute one at target today. It teaches a girl to accessorize. Lol. 
  • Bubs is a big fan of Noisy Farm (shown above) and Tails. It has lots of different textures to touch and a few pull-out/movable tabs for some of the different animals.

• I love sensory books! They also sell sensory picture cards. We have the "My First Touch & Feel Picture Cards: First Words." 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @icedrop10  Thank you. Those are so cute. Are they holding up well with your baby? 
  • They are pretty sturdy so they have held up well so far. I normally hold the cards and encourage her to touch them. I like that the images are actual pictures.  My favorite card is the one with toast and jam. The jam is actually sticky to touch.