March 2015 Moms
Options

11 month old obsessed with private part

Lately my lil guy has discovered his (excuse my language) balls and is constantly grabbing them, during bath time so much that he makes himself cry and won't let go that his balls are bleeding!! Every diaper change is a struggle. Last night my lil guy woke up screaming and rubbing his diaper in the crotch, nonstop, I changed his diaper and he had no rash, and had a clean diaper, I put destin but he was unconsolable for an hour, he didn't want to nurse, so I finally made him a bottle, which he drank then fell asleep in our bed. Does this happen to anyone elses lil boys?

Re: 11 month old obsessed with private part

• Options
    Poor baby!! My little guy just likes to hold his peeps when he first goes into the bath, i think it has to do with the temperature change. Then he forgets about it for a bit but will eventually grab it again towards the end of his bath. It sounds like maybe they are hurting him? I have a friend who told us that his had always felt kind of weird and would sometimes ache, turns out he found out in his late twenties that one of his vas efrens were tangled, he had surgery to untangle it and he feels like a different person. I would definitely feel it out and make sure that both of your sons testes are descended. The pediatrician usually checks them also. 
  • Options
    Aw thats so sad, seomtimes I'm worried my baby girl will scratch there.  It sounds like something is bothering him and maybe you could take him to get looked at.  Maybe he just scratched them and then the scratches are itching him.  You could try to keep his nails short.  Also, I've heard about a small hair getting wrapped around boys and really bothering them.  Check very carefully to see if there's anything like that.  I don't know anything about this with a girl but maybe an infection from circumcision?  If you don't see anything I would get him checked by your doctor.