October 2016 Moms
Options

Encouragement needed

Hi! I just need a little encouragement. I'm almost nine weeks on my second pregnancy (first ended at 5 w). We had our first ultrasound last Tuesday and all was well with a healthy heartbeat.

But, last night I had some bright red streaks of blood followed by off and on brown spotting since then. I did go on a 2 mile walk yesterday, which is the most I've done since being pregnant but no challenge at all for me (prior to bfp, I ran 3 miles easily). I've also has some straining during bowel movements (sorry, tmi) that seem to make the spotting worst. I still have all my symptoms and still feel pregnant. With my loss, I just had this gut feeling it was over, but I don't feel that way now. I really think it's all ok, but still I can't stop worrying. Someone calm my nerves!

Re: Encouragement needed

• Options
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I would contact the OB to see what they suggest and to make sure everything is ok/put your mind at ease. Hope all is well. Fingers crossed for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tara0604Tara0604 member
    edited March 2016
    For me, this time around, the dr said brown spotting was normal. Also, last pregnancy my placenta was low/over my cervix and so i had bleeding and spotting, especially when i strained with a BM. It's different for different pregnancies and for different people, but I would definitely call your doctor first thing tomorrow morning (or the on call dr if you're super worried). Sending good vibes your way.

Edit: spelling
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I know this is stressful.  Hopefully you just have a sensitive cervix bled a little with the straining. FX for you!
  • Options
    Thanks! Oh yeah, I'm definitely calling them first thing tomorrow morning. Waiting until then is so tough!
  • Options
    Hope all is well! Take it easy today. 
  • Options
    Sending good vibes your way! Of course these things happen on weekends :( take it easy, try not to worry, and hydrate! Maybe some prunes or colace for the straining?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bleeding is emotionally draining. But from the sounds of it, you're not bleeding a lot. This is a good sign! If I walk or move too much, I bleed and this happened throughout my entire 1st pregnancy. The doctor has told me not to do any extra walking beyond my normal day to day activities. During my last pregnancy, I was told that the bleeding could also come from a sensitive cervix.

That being said, I'd call your doctor to report it. They'll tell you what they want you to do (for example stay off your feet, avoid sex etc.) and they may ask you to come in. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Just wanted to second the drink water.  Last Friday I was more active than I had been and without realizing had totally slacked off on the water. That evening I had some reddish spotting and called my on-call doctor.  One of their first questions was how much water had I been drinking. They told me to take it easy and drink more water. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PUFO. Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise 
  • Options
    E=Mc3E=Mc3 member
    Hang in there, girl. I had some spotting with both go my other pregnancies and have had a little bit with this one. I agree with the other advice on here so far. Think positive. Every pregnancy is different.

I use relaxation techniques when I get worked up, and they really help.
    One good one is: Find something that will stimulate every sense: Doesn't have to be complicated, just look around you and become aware of what you are seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, and tasting. Be in the moment of focusing on those things. This helps ground me and get me out of the feedback loops in my head.

Another good one is to consciously begin to take slow, deep breaths and think about something that makes you happy. This is one of my go to fear busters.

Finally, I have imagined a safe place- it can be anywhere (real or not). I made it as real and detailed as I could. I also connected it with a word. I practice being in this place every morning and evening using my word. So, when I feel stressed, I can whisper my word, close my eyes, and go to my safe place for a while.

These aren't really what you were looking for, but they help me when I am uncertain and upset. So, I thought I'd throw them out there. Sending you positive thoughts...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully your dr can get you in quickly so you can get some reassurance. Fx. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Fx the bleeding is a result of the reasons you cited. I'm sorry you're going through this - thinking of you! 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    Fingers crossed its nothing. But maybe my experience will help calm your nerves.... I had a good amount of red bleeding (more than spotting but less than a period) and everything is OK. It is a subchorianic hemmorage which is a common reason for bleeding. Perhaps you're experiencing the same! Please keep us updated! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Great news, thanks for updating! For what it's worth, I had some pretty serious bleeding one night (not to be TMI but like a real gush, several tablespoons at least of bright red blood that terrified me) and it turned out to be a small hematoma, basically a little bruise that formed between the placenta and my uterine wall that poses NO risk to the baby. They said it's not unusual for those to just be reabsorbed by the body or result in bleeding and then spotting as it resolves itself. So obviously everyone is different, and there are lots of normal reasons for bleeding/spotting plus a few scary ones, but hopefully for your stress levels this is the end of it! And if not, hopefully you can stay calm and strong until you have confirmation of what's happening. xoxo