Pregnant after a Loss

Intro! Looking for similar stories (previous early loss)... Feeling anxious!!!

Hi Ladies!

I am here after getting a positive HPT yesterday (at 11DPO).  My first pregnancy ended in October, at around 6 weeks.  That time I tested on 12DPO and got a BFN, temperatures dropped at 13DPO, had what I believed was AF and a week later, after feeling strange for a few days, I took a test and it was positive... Needless to say, I had a bad feeling since day one.  Started spotting a few days later, got blood work for HCG and progesterone and they were both low, especially progesterone.  I lost the pregnancy soon after.  

This time around, I feel much more positive about everything, but I am starting to get really anxious, especially since I am only 3w5d along.  I got blood work done yesterday and will hopefully get the results tomorrow... I am praying that my progesterone is high!

How do you guys manage to stay calm and positive after a loss? Would love to hear some tips!! As of now, I am just trying to see the positive things about this pregnancy compared to the last one and I guess take it day by day...

Anyway, I'm very glad for this community! I told my best friend yesterday and she simply doesn't understand why I am so anxious.  

Hugs to all of you and best wishes in your journey of becoming a mom! 
Me: 29   DH: 33
TTC #1: Since Sept 2015
MC: Oct 2015
BFP: 03/05/16
EDD: 11/16/16
Baby Girl born on 11/04/16

Trying to Conceive Ticker
Anniversary
Visit The Nest

Re: Intro! Looking for similar stories (previous early loss)... Feeling anxious!!!

• ALC08ALC08 member
    Honestly, i didn't really stay calm or keep the anxiety at bay. I had two losses about 8 months apart before this pregnancy. The fear is unreal. Getting good results from my numbers helped some but early on it's just really tough. And then i had some light cramping and spotting.
  • pat87pat87 member
    edited March 2016
    @ALC08Ohh no! I'm sorry for your losses and congrats on your new pregnancy! How far along are you? It's crazy and sad that we can't enjoy this new stage in our lives because we are so worried... 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest

• Loading the player...
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    edited March 2016
    @pat87Sorry my comment got cut off! We decided to tell our parents around 6 wks although we hadn't planned on it. We just felt like it was too much of a load to carry in secret with my history. It actually helped in our case. They were supportive and prayerful. I'm 33 wks + 4 and we seem to have a healthy little boy!
    Sorry for your loss! Noone can really understand unless they have been through it. This community has really helped me, especially in those early days. Will they check your numbers again? As far as i understand that is really the only way to get a good idea of how the pg is progressing. They like to see hcg double in about 48 hrs. Congratulations on this pregnancy and i'm hoping for good news for you!!
  • Congrats on the pregnancy. So sorry for your loss. I am in similar shoes as you right now. I had an early loss last month, about 5-6 weeks along. That pregnancy took 6 months to get, so I am still surprised I am pregnant again. I am almost to the point where I had my loss last time, and its a bit nerve wracking sometimes.

I am just taking it day by day, reminding myself there is nothing I can do to prevent another loss, just keep taking care of myself and staying positive. 

Keeping busy helps the time pass more quickly while waiting for another blood draw or an appointment, or some other milestone. 

Hope you get some good news!
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• pat87pat87 member
    @ALC08 Ah!! I'm so glad you are almost there!! Congrats!! 

My parents will be visiting next weekend.  I'll probably tell them since it was really weird going through it the first time without them knowing.  But I am really happy to have this community for support.  

Yes, I believe they will keep on checking my numbers.  My GP did the first ones yesterday and I have to call my OBGYN tomorrow to go in and do the rest of the tests with her.  

Thank you so much!! :)

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest

• pat87pat87 member
    @Megz1902 Thank you! I'm sorry for your loss too...And congrats on the new pregnancy! Yes.... I guess maybe we'll feel better once we successfully pass the point where we had our previous losses.  I'm trying to think positive and believe that what happened before wasn't my fault and that my body is ready for this baby! 

Best of luck with your pregnancy! :smile: 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest

• Congrats on your BFP!  My advice early on is to "ignore" the pregnancy. That sounds a lot worse than what I'm trying to say. Basically just try not to think about it. Go on as you normally would (obviously still following rules about diet and things to avoid). Try to pass the time with fun things. Shopping, going to the movies, make lots of plans! Good luck!!
    BabyFetus Ticker