3rd Trimester
Options

37 weeks, breech, and VERY low on ambiotic fluid; Advice?

Today I found out from my doctor that I'm about 2 cm when it comes to amniotic fluids as well as breech.  They said they're checking again Friday and then we'll go from there.  I know a c section is likely, I'm just extremely nervous.  Does anyone have any kind of advice?  As a first time mom with a husband on deployment I could really use some help. Thanks!

Re: 37 weeks, breech, and VERY low on ambiotic fluid; Advice?

• Options
    I'm a FTM so I don't have much advice, but wanted to let you know that I am sorry you're in this situation! It sounds like your Dr is working to make sure that everything is going smoothly and safely. 

Do you have anyone else that you trust to act as a support person for you when LO is born/in the weeks following? Maybe reach out to them. I would also suggest getting your hospital bag all packed and making sure you are all set for when LO comes home. For me, as a huge planner, nothing stresses me out more than not being ready. Perhaps just having these things done and ready to go will help a little?
  • Options
    Drink a TON of water!

My last two boys had Olighydrominos (low fluid).   They were also both IUGR because of the low fluid.   DS2 low fluid was found at 32 weeks and he was born via c/s after a failed induction at 38 weeks.   DS3 low fluid was found at 20 weeks and was monitored weekly. At one point with him I was admitted for 24hr iv which did reaise the levels a little. He was born at 36 weeks via planned c/s. Both are happy and healthy now and did so much better out of the womb. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im glad they are watching fluid level. Stay hydrated and keep up with the appointments :) Not sure about the intersection between breech, fluid and 37 weeks. Versions are sometimes an option, and the odds aren't great, but my sister did it -- they prepped her for a c-section in case then tried the version in the operating room. She said it was insane but she'd do it again if she had to. Could ask about that, chiropractor and acupuncture with your doc to see if they are options and explore the pros and cons. When it comes down to it, safe baby and safe mommy is the goal. Thinking of you!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    I am thinking a version will be a no go with such low fluid.... but all that matters is safe delivery! No latter how!
  • Options
    Ask your doctor.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My advice is listen to your doctor and ask lots of questions if you're unsure about why they're recommending an option or what they're telling you. 
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• Options
    As for the breech, there are programs online about how to spin the baby naturally, including the use of chiropractics.

https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/

Obviously, discuss any of this with your doctor and make sure you can find the right practitioner. I don't know about the low amniotic fluid issue. If it does come down to a C-section, please make sure you have looked for appropriate help and educate yourself on what a recovery period may look like (I think you would be in the hospital for maybe 5 days or more?). If your husband is on deployment, there may be services available to you, there are post-partum doulas, or lean on any friends/family that can help you out. Good luck.

*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    As for the breech, there are programs online about how to spin the baby naturally, including the use of chiropractics.

https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/

Obviously, discuss any of this with your doctor and make sure you can find the right practitioner. I don't know about the low amniotic fluid issue. If it does come down to a C-section, please make sure you have looked for appropriate help and educate yourself on what a recovery period may look like (I think you would be in the hospital for maybe 5 days or more?). If your husband is on deployment, there may be services available to you, there are post-partum doulas, or lean on any friends/family that can help you out. Good luck.

My SIL just had a c-section and was home in 3 days, but I know different insurances and hospitals have different policies.  Since your H is on deployment, is there a family member or friend who can come stay with you after you get home? Doing much of anything after a c-section can be very difficult. Good luck for a safe delivery. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @GinnyJ2012
    It is federal law that ALL insurances pay for 72 hours for a C/S with out complications. It has been that for over a decade now.  That js why most women go home on the 3rd day.