Eco-Friendly Family

Budget-friendly Bath Products

I'm looking for natural baby bath products at a budget-friendly price. I would love to use California Baby or a similar company, but it seems to be double the price of regular bath products. I'm willing to pay more to avoid chemicals, but if there's a cheaper route (even homemade?), I'd love to know. TIA!

Re: Budget-friendly Bath Products

• I like Burts Bees Baby.  I wait until I get a CVS ExtraCare coupon or Extrabucks and stock up then.  With my ExtraCare card, I'll sometimes get 25% off coupons.  that makes the price much more reasonable.  Plus that stuff lasts forever.
    • We have always made ours, it saves money and I know what is in the product. Also, my children have super sensitive skin.  We use 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap – Aloe Vera Baby Mild (unscented), we add 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil, you can keep this out if it makes babies hair too greasy - the castile soap is gentle enough. Then we just add in a few drops of lavender oil. It smells amazing and is super simple! I have some other recipes like a baby balm in my blog =)
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
  • Loading the player...
  • I started a new thread on the subject, but anyone have any experience using natural bath products NOT geared towards babies on babies? I'm a FTM and was wondering if I could use our EO Everyone soap on baby. 
    Just trying to figure out if baby bath products are just a marketing gimmick the big companies came up with, and if they're just milder, less-chemically versions of their regular bath products, which is what our natural products are already!
  • pelicanesquepelicanesque member
    edited March 2016
    @Kate0034 the EO line is a great budget friendly option for bath products in general. Looks like they make an Everyone for Kids combo soap/shampoo/bubble bath that the whole family can use and the price can't be beat. I am emailing customer service to see if it can be used on infants! Will post here what I find out. 

https://m.target.com/p/everyone-kids-lavender-lullaby-soap-32-0-fl-oz/
  • rynalicia said:
    • We have always made ours, it saves money and I know what is in the product. Also, my children have super sensitive skin.  We use 1/4 cup Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap – Aloe Vera Baby Mild (unscented), we add 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil, you can keep this out if it makes babies hair too greasy - the castile soap is gentle enough. Then we just add in a few drops of lavender oil. It smells amazing and is super simple! I have some other recipes like a baby balm in my blog =)
    I use this on my baby too. I used it on him since he was a newborn. The one I get comes already lavender scented. I use Dr Woods castile soap, which is not as well known and therefore cheaper.  But the price  still seems a bit high. I paid $9 without shipping for a 32 FL Oz bottle ($12 with shipping was still cheaper than Dr. Bronners). Some stores sell these but I didn't find one until after purchasing.  The are highly concentrated and need to be diluted with water, so they last longer than it seems.  Check online for ratios.  One bottle lasts me about a year exclusively as baby wash for one child. 
  • moommothermoommother member
    edited May 2020
    you'd buy it here
    https://doecoliving.com/