November 2015 Moms

Wardrobe??

Is it me, or is my pre pregnancy closet dull?  I have the urge to totally revamp before going back to work.  It may be that I need to wear clothing that have quick boob access, but I'm still not feeling attractive yet. 

Re: Wardrobe??

• After I gave birth my mom showed up at my house with cheap clothes from Old Navy because mine were "ratty looking" since then I've done some shopping for myself out of embarrassment for my old wardrobe 
  • Ugh, I tell MH that even most of my "fat clothes" don't fit. I'm still about ten pounds heavier than I ever was pre-pregnancy and about 20 lbs heavier than I was when I actually got pregnant. I just went back to work this week and the struggle is REAL when trying to find clothes to wear. BUT I'm tracking calories on MFP and I headed back to the gym this week, so I'm hoping for some change soon. I'm basically trying to make do w what I have until I lose some weight. But I may have to break down and buy a few things soon. Bleh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Not only am I still 10 lbs heavier than before I got pregnant (down from 40) but I'm finding that my shape changed as well. I used to wear lots of skinny jeans or long tunics over leggings with boots and things that look good on a straighter shape. Now I've got much wider hips and, of course, I went up a cup size or two. I need to start dressing very differently for my new hourglass figure.
  • I somehow went back to pre pregnancy weight by my 6 week postpartum check up (I swear, I'm eating like there's no tomorrow, this kid is just sucking the life out of me!), but it sits on me different now.  I bought some new jeans when I pulled my old ones out and realized they were pretty threadbare.  I'm holding off on buying new tops until we're past the spit up days.  Three of our friends all just got engaged, so I'll probably have to shop for a new dress soon, ugh....
  • kmd91kmd91 member
    I've gotten back to prepregnancy weight and everything fits except for one pair of shorts that were pretty tight to begin with. However I still feel the desire to revamp my wardrobe. I think largely because while I was in maternity clothes all I could think was "I can't wait to be able to wear normal clothes and have options again!" That was exciting for a week or two, then it was "well, these are just my same old boring clothes." But at the same time, I am not really one to spend money on myself so I have trouble justifying buying some new clothes just because. 
  • I bought some "in between" clothes at goodwill because I wasn't ready to throw in the towel and admit defeat by spending a ton on clothes but I was also tired of leggings and maternity pants
  • After I gave birth I splurged on a bunch of LuLaRoe so I could be comfy and look nice. I'm now officially addicted. 
    I love LuLaRoe! The girl I went to quit selling though and I've pretty much stretched out all my nice leggings when I was pregnant. Whoops!
  • I also am not a fan of my body after child birth. I've lost the weight but I had to have an emergency c section and I do not like how my stomach looks or how pants fit anymore since my stomach has the c section pouch! I have also discovered lularue and love them! The dresses are my favorite! 
  • I lost my but  :(
  • @ShianeNicole DAMN!!!  Lookin good
  • ShianeNicoleShianeNicole member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @lyankowi but I am pretty sure it's the dress. I swear by them!
  • smnewbysmnewby member
    edited March 2016
    I was at my prepregnancy weight 4 days pp. i never had an appetite while pregnant and really should have gained a lot more than i did...that being said breastfeeding has brought out some inner cookie monster and my stomach feels like a bottomless pit!  I have gained about 8lbs in the past 3 months and I cant honestly blame my LO for any of it!  

I've especially craved muffins and bad carbs. My husband pointed out that my muffin top and rolls "came by their names honestly."  
  • smnewby said:
    I was at my prepregnancy weight 4 days pp. i never had an appetite while pregnant and really should have gained a lot more than i did...that being said breastfeeding has brought out some inner cookie monster and my stomach feels like a bottomless pit!  I have gained about 8lbs in the past 3 months and I cant honestly blame my LO for any of it!  

I've especially craved muffins and bad carbs. My husband pointed out that my muffin top and rolls "came by their names honestly."  
    I know the bottomless pit feels!  4 weeks pp i polished off a family sized lasagna in 2 days by myself (it was the only thing i ate, but, yeah).  Not sleeping enough makes you crave simple carbs.  I started adding protein wherever I could (peanut butter in oatmeal, granola bars with almonds, bean-y soups), which seems to help me feel not hungry for a little longer.
  • I broke down and bought 2 pairs of American eagle jeans. So comfortable and idc if I'm admitting defeat. Might as well look put together at least. I'm at my pp weight but need to lose at least 30 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kmd91kmd91 member
    So, last night my husband and I went out to dinner with some people he works with. I asked him what I should wear and he was like "I'll figure it out!" After going through my clothes he says to me "we really need to take you clothes shopping." So if my husband who wears all of like two shirts on a regular basis knows my wardrobe needs an update, it must be serious business. Like, I've got some tank tops and v neck tees I wear regularly, but trying to dress up actually cute? Nothing. So maybe one day I really will look into getting a few things to get back to trying to look good like I used to. 
  • where is a good place to buy tunics? Leggings and tunics are becoming my go-to but I only have a few tunics I bought second hand (or shirts that are just barely long enough to cover my goods)
  • rachswi said:
    where is a good place to buy tunics? Leggings and tunics are becoming my go-to but I only have a few tunics I bought second hand (or shirts that are just barely long enough to cover my goods)
    I've heard LuLaRoe has some good ones
  • Lularoe all the way. 100%. All I wear everyday. I mean, what SAHM owns jeans anyways? 
  • I've broken down and bought a few pairs of "fat" pants. I start work tmrw and need to wear dress pants which are super expensive (the ones I wore pre pregnancy) and I really don't want to spend a lot if I won't be wearing them too much longer so I will wear maternity with the bellyband. I did get a couple pairs of jeans and pants from old Navy on sale. Never thought i'd still be 27 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. Ugh
  • I've broken down and bought a few pairs of "fat" pants. I start work tmrw and need to wear dress pants which are super expensive (the ones I wore pre pregnancy) and I really don't want to spend a lot if I won't be wearing them too much longer so I will wear maternity with the bellyband. I did get a couple pairs of jeans and pants from old Navy on sale. Never thought i'd still be 27 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. Ugh
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels far from their pre-pregnancy weight. I'm still 20 from my pp weight and still 60 from a non-overweight weight. 
  • I'm still a grand total of 90 lbs from my prepregnancy weight with DD, 5 from DS. I got a fitbit and I'm trying to do my best to lose the weight. You're not alone! 
  • Yes OP. I not into any of my pre baby clothes. I think it's because technically I wore the two years ago and they're just a bit out of style now lol. I feel the urge to purge and start fresh, but my wallet is like no way.
  • I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant and my clothes still don't fit. Because ya know, hips and boobs. 
  • I gave in and bought a few pairs of pants.  I'm still just dealing with the tops, but I literally had 0 pants I could wear to work so I bought 1 pair of khakis and 1 pair of black pants.  I'm hoping I can get back into my old stuff eventually.  My biggest problem is my hips.  They've just changed and I doubt any amount of weight loss will put them back.  Time is the only thing that works for them. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• I gave in and bought a few pairs of pants.  I'm still just dealing with the tops, but I literally had 0 pants I could wear to work so I bought 1 pair of khakis and 1 pair of black pants.  I'm hoping I can get back into my old stuff eventually.  My biggest problem is my hips.  They've just changed and I doubt any amount of weight loss will put them back.  Time is the only thing that works for them. 
    After two kids my hips are so done for. I'm actually 15lbs lighter than before I got pregnant but my hips are just huge for life. Shopping for clothes with a size 4 waist and a size 8 hips is a nightmare. 
    After two kids my hips are so done for. I'm actually 15lbs lighter than before I got pregnant but my hips are just huge for life. Shopping for clothes with a size 4 waist and a size 8 hips is a nightmare. 
    It took about 3 - 4yrs after DD1, but eventually my hips went back down to size.  I'm hoping that happens this time too. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

It took about 3 - 4yrs after DD1, but eventually my hips went back down to size.  I'm hoping that happens this time too. 
    There's hope! My kids are only 2.5 years apart so maybe they need more time.

• I swore I wasn't going to buy "fat pants", that I would just wear some maternity clothes until I got back down. Didn't think about the fact that I wore mostly dresses and skirts while pregnant which doesn't bode well in winter months. I watched for a sale and bought 3 pairs of bigger pants from NY&C (they have tall sizes that fit me really well). They are cute, but I hate that I had to buy them since I have a closet full of nice work pants already, just waiting for the day I can fit into them again! I bought a few new shirts to fit my boobs better, but I'm really hoping to wait it out and see if my old clothes still fit in the end.