Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pee during sex

i had my baby a month ago and I'm peeing during sex. Is anybody else having this problem?

Re: Pee during sex

• A month is really soon. Have you had your postnatal appointment yet? Your not suppose to have sex until after you've been seen by the OB.
  • failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited March 2016
    I don't have this problem but it can be a sign of pelvic floor dysfunction.  I suggest you talk to your doctor about seeing a physiotherapist who specializes in pelvic floor health.  

FYI @NurseRieger my midwife gave me the ok to have sex at 2 weeks pp, so there's no need to judge.  

Edited because spelling is hard
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Incontinence can be an issue post-partum.  Start doing some kegels a few times a day and talk to your Midwife.  She may be able to refer you for some pelvic floor PT.
  • kvacmak said:
    I don't have this problem but it can be a sign of pelvic floor dysfunction.  I suggest you talk to your doctor about seeing a physiotherapist who specializes in pelvic floor health.  

FYI @NurseRieger my midwife gave me the ok to have sex at 2 weeks pp, so there's no need to judge.  

Edited because spelling is hard
    I didn't take that as judgmental at all. I'm also really shocked you were ok'd for sex at 2 weeks.

• I had a c section and wasn't ok'd for sex until 6 weeks after also....2 weeks seems kind of soon to be having sex, given you just pushed a human out of your uterus and vagina. 
  • Another reason you are supposed to wait 6 weeks is because the risk of bleeding issues goes way down after 6 weeks. No one was judging at all. 6 weeks is the common length of time before a woman can have sex after having a baby. To me, as well as others that are in the medical field, 2 weeks is way too soon, but that's between you and your midwife since they take medical responsibility for you.