October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms (29.February)

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms (29.February)

• @LGW2015Yes!! But I'm not looking forward to my swollen pregnancy thighs rubbing together in the summer heat haha! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cd92007 said:
    Total random thought... but I seriously CANNOT WAIT for it to be April!!! It will be warm, we'll (mostly) all be in our 2nd trimesters, I have a beach trip at the end of April... come on April!! Counting down the days..
    I think about this every day, no joke. I want april and may and june and summer so much it hurts. I hate wishing time away because that's not a good way to live, but I have got a case of the S.A.D. and just want to be my normal positive self again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not usually a fast food person but I cannot stop thinking about Chik-fil-A. It's been on my mind all damn day and I think I might have to swing by for dinner. I hate the thought of eating fast food but a girls gotta get her waffles fries. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    I'm not usually a fast food person but I cannot stop thinking about Chik-fil-A. It's been on my mind all damn day and I think I might have to swing by for dinner. I hate the thought of eating fast food but a girls gotta get her waffles fries. 
    @MRSCORKER I LOVE Chick Fil A.  I am not a fast food person either but it is my favorite by far.  I don't have one within an hour of me so I don't get it very often (darn Bostonians and their need to politicize delicious chicken), but I fully support your getting it for dinner.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • @orangeev Amen sister. It's chilly and rainy here right now and I just want SUN and WARMTH! Not to mention, I can't stop worrying about this pregnancy... I just want it to be 2nd tri so I can calm my nerves a bit! Ack!

@mrscorker I'm not a fast food person either... but for some reason pregnancy hormones make me crazy. Last night I ate taco bell... which I never, ever, ever do. The last time I've had taco bell was in my first tri during my last pregnancy 3 years ago! It's amazing what hormones + morning sickness does to a person. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @simcal18 , yes girl.  You're overthinking this way too early.  But I don't blame you, after all, she IS your best friend.  (I told mine, that she better have it no earlier than February 2017 so she can give me time to slim down).  I do think she'll be super happy for you though, and although she may be a bit disappointed---it won't be for long.  She IS your best friend.  Also, who knows?  If you give birth exactly one week before the wedding or two weeks before.... you may be able to make an appearance (or not).  I think to settle your worries, you should tell her when you're ready.....also to give her a heads up that you may/may not be there, but you will try your bestest to be.  

• My random thought for today, is that my Amazon Prime obsession goes way way waaaay deep.  I have not physically shopped for household items in over a year.  Everything for the house is bought on Amazon: cat litter, paper towels, dish soap, toilet paper, you name it.  

And now that I have the 30 day free trial of AmazonFresh, I'm even more obsessed.  Groceries delivered to my doorstep, with just a few clicks.  Amazing.  

Amazon, marry me!
  • im excited for ultrasound on 14th......really excited! 
  • OrangeEvOrangeEv member
    edited March 2016
    MRSCORKER said:
    I'm not usually a fast food person but I cannot stop thinking about Chik-fil-A. It's been on my mind all damn day and I think I might have to swing by for dinner. I hate the thought of eating fast food but a girls gotta get her waffles fries. 
    Those waffles fries though! I wish we had a chik file a here (recently moved). I am hardcore craving chips and dip right now but don't want to give in. But I dooo
  • That moment when you finally figure out what sounds good for dinner, so you make it. But by the time you're done cooking, the thought of eating what you made makes you want to gag..... Bleh 
  • Ohhh pregnancy....I LOVE chick fil a, but I got it last weekend and couldn't finish it :( it looked amazing, but I just could not do it :( hoping this doesn't last!
  • Ohhh pregnancy....I LOVE chick fil a, but I got it last weekend and couldn't finish it :( it looked amazing, but I just could not do it :( hoping this doesn't last!
    Oh, I'm so sorry. I ate All. Of. It... And then wished for more. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    Ohhh pregnancy....I LOVE chick fil a, but I got it last weekend and couldn't finish it :( it looked amazing, but I just could not do it :( hoping this doesn't last!
    This.  I finished my sandwich and looked at my husband's sandwich lovingly.  He had even had the gall to ask when ordering, "Do you need the meal or should I just get the sandwiches?  We did just eat breakfast about four hours ago..."  I mean, I procreated with this man??  Thank God I put my foot down on demanding the meal.  Waffle fries.....  

Also, @MRSCORKER I feel like we're kind of twinning today?  HP, Outlander, Chick Fil A...  Tell me you're having asparagus and ginger ale for dinner!  Lol
  • eve0614 said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    Ohhh pregnancy....I LOVE chick fil a, but I got it last weekend and couldn't finish it :( it looked amazing, but I just could not do it :( hoping this doesn't last!
    This.  I finished my sandwich and looked at my husband's sandwich lovingly.  He had even had the gall to ask when ordering, "Do you need the meal or should I just get the sandwiches?  We did just eat breakfast about four hours ago..."  I mean, I procreated with this man??  Thank God I put my foot down on demanding the meal.  Waffle fries.....  

Also, @MRSCORKER I feel like we're kind of twinning today?  HP, Outlander, Chick Fil A...  Tell me you're having asparagus and ginger ale for dinner!  Lol
    Haha! I think we're drawing the twin line at asparagus. Nothing sounds less appetizing to me right now. Lol!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @simcal18 maybe you can tell her you won't be able to attend. Then on that day, do something special for her. Send her champagne or something to her hotel room for afterwards maybe? Then, if you can make an appearance, usually as long as you don't expect to be fed or have an assigned seat, most bff's would be happy just to get a hug and a card from you. 
  • @simcal18 I would just be honest with her.  As soon as you are far enough along to feel comfortable telling her just lay it on her.  Tell her you have no way of knowing what you will feel or be capable of at that time, and hopefully she will be understanding.  If you really want to go above and beyond, you could offer to pay for the meals she would be reserving for you, and let your seat be on standby in case you can make it.  

Also, if the wedding is close to your home, you could consider just going to the ceremony and then going back home to baby if you're not able to stay for the reception.
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    edited March 2016
    I am 7 weeks today and had to break out the bella band for my jeans this morning. Almost everything else still fits but not my favorite jeans. DAMN YOU BLOAT, DAMN YOU! 
  • @gatormom2014 @br0co1ii @annabenanna @MRSCORKER  Thanks for the advice.  I won't be a bridesmaid (she's just having her sisters), so that makes things a smidge easier.  I'm not quite ready to tell her yet but I'll get there, and perhaps once my due date is a little firmer (I haven't even had an ultrasound yet) I can start thinking about how I might make the effort to attend or if I need to just call it and accept that it's not going to happen.  It's helpful that you all don't think I'm crazy for thinking about how I might make it work to go.  I had also thought about just giving her money for two plates for us so that I'm not worrying about wasting her wedding budget in case we can't come.  But I really do think she's going to be excited for us and on board with however we want to handle it.

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • My husband has been having headaches almost everyday for a month and he is having an MRI done today...he thinks he has a brain tumor...while I really hope that is not the problem and I don't think that is the problem...some T&Ps our way would be great. He is really stressed right now and so am I which isn't good for either of us. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• @ejmo68 All the T&Ps to you. Keep us posted!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @ejmo68 Yikes! I hope the MRI is good - sending good vibes your way!
  • ejmo68 said:
    My husband has been having headaches almost everyday for a month and he is having an MRI done today...he thinks he has a brain tumor...while I really hope that is not the problem and I don't think that is the problem...some T&Ps our way would be great. He is really stressed right now and so am I which isn't good for either of us. 
    This could be caused by any number of things. I'm glad he's getting an MRI to be sure. Thinking of you guys!
  • @ejmo68 ugh so scary, sending positive thoughts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I remember a post where a lot of ppl reccomend ed the ovia ap. Has anyone else read the questions there in the community section. Oh my, it is a scary trainwreck. I can't stop reading them though.... 
  • I remember a post where a lot of ppl reccomend ed the ovia ap. Has anyone else read the questions there in the community section. Oh my, it is a scary trainwreck. I can't stop reading them though.... 
    I haven't yet. But now that I know they're there I may have found my weekend entertainment!
  • @SuperKristy85 omg yes it's like watching a soap opera. I read it when I get bored haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have the Ovia app and didn't even realize it had a community, I've just been using the calendar and milestone stuff. I'm off to check out the drama once I've caught up with our own
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @SuperNerd42  we had a couple good threads the last couple days (drama wise.) Things are getting interesting over here!
  • br0co1ii said:
    @SuperNerd42  we had a couple good threads the last couple days (drama wise.) Things are getting interesting over here!
    Seriously! Made for some entertaining reading 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers