November 2015 Moms

Sensitive wipes recommendation?

LO has super sensitive skin (we cloth diaper, disposable pampers make her break out), and I use cloth wipes, but my husband hates using them for her poopy diapers and wants to use disposable wipes.  We bought the pampers sensitive wipes and I think they bothered her skin, too.  Anyone have a recommendation of unscented sensitive wipes they like?  I want to avoid water wipes because I've heard they can have a bacteria issue.  I don't care if they're organic or not.  We tried the Babyganics ones, and I'm not a big fan.

Re: Sensitive wipes recommendation?

• edited March 2016
    I've heard of Water Wipes but have no experience. My LO doesn't have sensitive skin but I like Costco brand. They are unscented and hypo-allergenic. A friend also uses them and her baby has sensitive skin. 
  • I've been rinsing out regular baby wipes if Ruth has a rash at all. They work the same way, but the soaps or chemicals (I'm not sure what is in wipes?) are rinsed out of the wipe. 
    (We go between the Costco brand and the Huggies natural, depending on which is on sale at Costco. I like the Costco ones much better) 
  • Loading the player...
  • elbouelbou member
    Squirtgun said:
    I've been rinsing out regular baby wipes if Ruth has a rash at all. They work the same way, but the soaps or chemicals (I'm not sure what is in wipes?) are rinsed out of the wipe. 
    (We go between the Costco brand and the Huggies natural, depending on which is on sale at Costco. I like the Costco ones much better) 
    I was going to suggest this too. That's what we've done in the past for bad rashes, and it works well.

My kids don't have sensitive skin, so this may not work for you, but the Pampers Natural Clean wipes are unscented as well. I'm not sure what the difference is exactly, but I like them better than Pampers Sensitive. Again, I don't know if that's helpful, but wanted to mention it just in case. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I know you said you don't want to use the water wipes because of the bacteria risk, but that was disproven. I would really recommend them! I use the water wipes and Naty diapers and my LO has never had a rash or irritation. 
  • rubirubi89rubirubi89 member
    edited March 2016
    I don't do it myself but I've seen a few links around on how to make your own baby wipes. It looks fairly simple.

https://parent.guide/how-to-make-your-own-natural-homemade-baby-wipes/

ETA: my son doesn't have sensitive skin but one time in a rush I bought those Pampers sensitives and his skin got irritated that same day! Threw all of them away. 
  • My oldest has very sensitive skin, she was cloth diapered and cloth wipes but we used disposable wipes for poops and we always used the Costco (kirkland brand) wipes.  They worked for us.  I found huggies and pampers weren't very good on her skin
  • Ceb2015 said:
    I know you said you don't want to use the water wipes because of the bacteria risk, but that was disproven. I would really recommend them! I use the water wipes and Naty diapers and my LO has never had a rash or irritation. 
    Ceb2015 said:
    I know you said you don't want to use the water wipes because of the bacteria risk, but that was disproven. I would really recommend them! I use the water wipes and Naty diapers and my LO has never had a rash or irritation. 
    Where did you get this information, because it is absolutely incorrect.

They only ingredients in water wipes is water and fruit extract. There is nothing to inhibit bacteria growth. So you have a warm, moist dark enviornemt and then introduce bacteria during the diaper changing process. They are a breading ground for bacteria.
  • I like the target brand sensitive wipes 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use Pampers sensitive and water wipes.  They have worked great for us.  
  • We use pampers sensitive for poopy diapers but for pee I just take 2 squares of toilet paper and moisten it with water. You could probably do something similar with tp or paper towel for the poopy diapers. Very gentle and disposal, and no chance of bacteria growth. 
  • We also use pampers sensitive. Luckily, LO has only had diaper rash once thus far, and in that case, we used cotton balls w mineral oil (baby oil works too). 
  • We use Pampers sensitive with no problem but since your LO is having issues with them, how about the cloth disposable wipes the hospital had? We used these until LO was about 5 weeks. You can get them at any medical supply store. They are a bit more expensive but if you are only using them for poopy diapers, might not break the bank.
  • My baby girl has sensitive skin aswell, and I use water wipes they are great, no rash 
  • My LO has extremely sensitive skin, I do too so I was kind of expecting it. We only use water wipes. By far the best thing we've tried. When my LO was released from the NICU he had a horrible diaper rash due to the antibiotics and these were the only ones that didn't make him uncomfortable.