July 2016 Moms

The Nursery Thread!

Re: The Nursery Thread!

• @cpocks I am in love with your nursery!!! That's freaking adorable!
  • I'm so jealous :(
    we live in a tiny one bedroom apartment.
    I feel horrible not being able to make a nursery for our lil one  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • @nerdchild  We're moving into a house and should have most things in by June. We was gifted a nursery set from a family member but they are waiting for their LO to transition to a "big girl bed" before giving us her crib. We planned on co-sleeping with our LO in a PnP anyways, so her room will look a bit odd without a crib in it. Oh well!
  • Oh and to all the woodland theme ladies: check out the pillowfort line at target.com! It's so cute! 
  • Oh and to all the woodland theme ladies: check out the pillowfort line at target.com! It's so cute! 
    YES Pillowfort stuff is so cute! I let my 2 year old pick out her big girl sheets the other day, and she picked ones with little ice cream cones. I was actually disappointed that they don't make queen or king sizes, I would totally put some of the sheets on MY bed!
    YES Pillowfort stuff is so cute! I let my 2 year old pick out her big girl sheets the other day, and she picked ones with little ice cream cones. I was actually disappointed that they don't make queen or king sizes, I would totally put some of the sheets on MY bed!
    Seriously, I want some of that stuff for my own room. The dinosaur sheets? Or the moon phase ones? I need them! 
  • @TiffRox81 you have so much space and such a big closet. Very jealous. That is also a really nice dresser. Well done!
  • Thank you @Natinat6! It was between that room and a 10x10.  We figured baby would need the space and may have to share if there's a #2! 
  • Love the coral, @jlmartinez517!! Such a pretty color for girl nurseries! 
    Seriously, I want some of that stuff for my own room. The dinosaur sheets? Or the moon phase ones? I need them! 
    @stellaluna14 queen and king sizes online and everything Pillowfort is 20% off right now!

• Our future nursery is currently the guest room and DH wants me to leave it as is for now. (I've still got 20 weeks to go.) But I'm starting to get super antsy to transform it! We're leaving the queen bed and dresser in there, so I want to see how the crib fits and paint and decorate so it feels like the baby's room. Right now she just feels like an afterthought. "What should we do with the baby? I don't know...stick her in the guest room?"
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Did any STMs find it useful to have a bed/futon in the nursery? We have a futon in our nursery but we've decided to move it to our other guest room because it makes the nursery look crowded. Initially we thought it might be useful in the beginning when we were doing frequent feelings but we are going to have a bassinet in our bedroom. My husband and I are hoping to eventually alternate night duties once I go back to work.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• @carrieandroy we haven't started the nursery either.  It's currently being used as the storage space for tools and supplies during our bathroom renovation.  That reno was supposed to be done weeks ago.  I've been pretty patient, but have really started feeling the urge to get going this weekend.  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • @Kellyj103 Do you have a rocker or glider in the nursery? I never slept in there, but our glider was a must for frequent feedings. We still love it for story time and snuggling in the morning and before bed, so I don't think I could go without a comfy chair. A bed or futon I could definitely do without. 
  • @jenkeale yes we have a rocking chair in there! Good to know we can do without the futon in there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Kellyj103 said:
    Did any STMs find it useful to have a bed/futon in the nursery? We have a futon in our nursery but we've decided to move it to our other guest room because it makes the nursery look crowded. Initially we thought it might be useful in the beginning when we were doing frequent feelings but we are going to have a bassinet in our bedroom. My husband and I are hoping to eventually alternate night duties once I go back to work.
    Our nursery was a guest bedroom with a twin bed in it. I am keeping the twin in there, and using the pack'n'play in the beginning (the room wont fit both the bed and a full sized crib). That way, I can spend nights in there with baby, until he/she starts sleeping good (close to the fall?). Then we will move the bed out, put the crib up, and actually decorate the nursery. With DD, we had the pack'n'play in our room, and she was kind of a noisy sleeper. So not only were we getting up for feedings and to change diapers, but every time she squeaked or squawked....it woke us up. She only lasted 5 weeks in there, before we moved her into the living room (outside our room), where she stayed another 2 weeks, and then at the 8 week mark.....she was moved into her room full time. We all slept better without her being in our room. 
    @stellaluna14 queen and king sizes online and everything Pillowfort is 20% off right now!

Soooo.... just opened and washed the sheets for my little one, and they feel AWFUL. So cheap. I should have read the label, 100% polyester. Such a bummer.

Soooo.... just opened and washed the sheets for my little one, and they feel AWFUL. So cheap. I should have read the label, 100% polyester. Such a bummer.
    Dang! I'll have to make sure to check out materials first! Thanks for the heads up!
  • LOVE the wood @stellaluna14!! And props to doing it yourself! That's tough work. 
  • TiffRox81 said:
    LOVE the wood @stellaluna14!! And props to doing it yourself! That's tough work. 
    Thanks! It has been a lot of work and I'm sore as hell today but it's so worth it! My husband is a rock star and does all the sawing (because I'm a klutz normally, forget about it while pregnant. I'd likely lose a limb) and I help with the installation. Now we have to do the living room! 
  • @jlmartinez517 come design my nursery please? Actually, you can probably just redecorate my entire house while you're at it...
  • @jlmartinez517 I just saw those pics on your instagram and practically drooled. Love it!
  • @jlmartinez517 where did you get those shelves?? The ones in the bottom picture - with the jimmy Fallon book? I love them! Actually, I love the shelves in the top picture too!
  • @Racso12 the bookshelves are actually spice racks from Ikea that we painted white! $4.99 a spice rack :) the other white shelves are also from Ikea - I used two stains on the brackets but the white shelves came that way!