Pregnant after a Loss

A little scare.

I am 33 weeks today! As of Sunday/Monday evening, only in the evenings, I have been feeling what is strikingly similar to what the beginning of back labor felt like with my daughter. I've never had a contraction in my abdomen. These start and stop and come in waves. It's major pelvic, lower back and "rectal" pressure with no need for a bowel movement. I can feel them come on and end. But when I wake up in the morning they are gone. I emailed my Dr just to ask her and she says "sounds like the beginning of labor" and to call the L&D nurse. WHAT?! The nurse thinks maybe it's just what I feel when I finally relax. My body telling me I'm tired. Now, I feel paranoid of pre term labor! Ahh! Just needed to vent. Sorry! 

Re: A little scare.

• ALC08ALC08 member
    Hope you can hang in there a little longer! Keep us posted!
  • Did anyone actually check you?  I guess they can't be too concerned if they didn't have you come in. I'm sure the nurse is right. When is your next appointment?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mommasealmommaseal member
    edited March 2016
    Are you still experiencing pain? Just make sure you're drinking enough water and resting. Keep us posted, hope the baby hangs out a little longer for you. 
  • As a FTM, I'm no help. I just wanted to say I hope the baby sticks around for a while and the pains don't! 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Fingers crossed baby cooks longer for you!! But was just reading all about chances of success each week in pregnancy after 24 weeks and I think it said that babies born after 34 weeks have just as much of a survival rate as babies born full term. So I say lay around and rub that tummy and tell baby to stay put! But if baby does come earlier, you've got this. Sorry you are uncomfortable and I hope that rest and lots of water helps!
  • Thanks ladies! Last night= no pains! I also had a relatively easy day at work yesterday so maybe that's a  correlation?! I'm on my feet all day and then come home to chase around a 2.5 year old so I'm beginning to think it's just my body's way of saying "slow down!" 
  • @rkrichey No, no one had me come in to be checked. Part of me wishes they had suggested that just to know for sure but I'm not too concerned today. My next dr apt is at 36 weeks for an ultrasound on March 25th. But one plus... We decided to have a 3D ultrasound done and that's tonight! 
  • I'm 36wks and around 30-34 I would get a weird pressure sensation, but it would come and go so I didn't really worry about it.  It is a bit annoying, but didn't think it was the start of anything.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Glad to hear the pain stopped! How was the 3D ultrasound?!
  • Figures... He blocked his face the whole time!!! Stubborn! But went back today and holy moly does he have some chubby cheeks! I can't wait to kiss them! Thanks for asking @mommaseal
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    :D So sweet! @Plleriti1! I'm so anxious to see my little man! I haven't had a scan since my anatomy at 18 wks and some days i can barely take it. I have been back and forth on whether or not to schedule one but things have just been hectic. At this point I'm not sure if i should just wait it out or not. We will be holding them soon!!  <3
  • @Plleriti1 you're probably all back to normal now. Saw this post very late! Glad that it wasn't anything serious. Hope you're gonna take some cues from your body and take it easy a little. Take care!